/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can U See The Asteroid

root
07-03-2006, 10:01 PM

The above Asteroid should now be clearly visible in the UK. Here in Scotland it is very easy to spot as it is a half moon night quite clear sky and as it is not quite dark enough yet no stars are currently visible.

It seems to be moving towards the moon, this Asteroid is a .5 Mile wide and about 1.1 earth to moon distance. Hope it don't get too close to the moon eh ;-)

Can anyone see it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
07-03-2006, 10:15 PM
huh?

What u talkin about?

root
07-03-2006, 10:17 PM
It's visible with the naked eye. I have been watching it since I posted. it looks like a star and is about the same height as the moon right now just a tad higher....... Here in Scotland it's to the left of the half moon......

afriend
07-03-2006, 10:30 PM
LOL...you know what...;D I'm having a hard time finding where the moon actually is ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
root
07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Comets leave tails, this is half mile wide lump of rock. It's out of view for me now. Oh well, it will be back in 500 years time. Guess I will not get to see it pass then, might pencil it into my diary and live in hope :giggling:

afriend
07-03-2006, 10:33 PM
LOL^ ;D

Joker.....

So what happens if it hits the moon? another crater? or, you never know, it might rebound off the moon and head straight for the Earth....That would be sooo cool :p Joking.

root
07-03-2006, 10:35 PM
It's back, cloud cover obscured my view, look for the lowest level star with the moon to the left......

it's moving at quite a pace but obviosly quite slow to us but faster tahn the stars seem to be moving so that's how u can confirm it.

afriend
07-03-2006, 10:38 PM
hmmm.......is the moon on the north/south/west/east side today?

btw, are you an astrologist Root?

root
07-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Alpha Dude - Root, I'm surprised at you! You being the 'science guy' that you are, did'nt mention cryogenics!
Yes, an excellent means of treating warts!

Iqram - So what happens if it hits the moon? another crater? or, you never know, it might rebound off the moon and head straight for the Earth....That would be sooo cool Joking.
Me too :giggling: I was hoping the scientists got it wrong and it smashed into the moon, perhaps a large frament from the collision would land in my back garden. Such fragments attract millions of dollars today, I already had the advert ready on e-bay 7 day bid, all I had to do was click "submit listing" :hiding: Guess I will have to buy a lottery ticket instead. (please don't post on the evil of gambling. I would give it all to charity)! honestly :X

afriend
07-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Hahahaha ;D Root's cracking me up :p

Well, What about these 'clouds'...aren't they just fragments of the meteor?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-03-2006, 11:40 PM
im just wondering, how are we suppose to notice something which is .5 miles wide as far as the moon... just how far is the moon? Is the asteroid currently closer to earth then the moon?

:peace:

Nabil-Munsif
07-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Huh, is this asteriod visble to people all the way at California, or it's just visble at parts of the world where it's still dark?:?

Arwa
07-03-2006, 11:46 PM
:sl:

I missed. :(

Woodrow
07-04-2006, 01:09 AM
I was under the impression that it would only be visible with a telescope. Was there any naked eye sightings in the US?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!