/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wig or headcover

Nakisai
05-22-2005, 09:54 PM
if I wear a wig to covermy head. is that a bad thing? I was thinking that seen that it covers my head from everyone. that it is ok because i'm not change of doing anything wrong. or i'm I ? I just was thinking about that today at work can anyone help me? :wilted_ro

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
05-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I think in Islam, wigs are not allowed.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah has cursed the woman who adds false hair and the woman who has this done, and the woman who tattoos and the women who has this done." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5477.)

Nakisai
05-22-2005, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul
Asalamu Alaikum

I think in Islam, wigs are not allowed.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah has cursed the woman who adds false hair and the woman who has this done, and the woman who tattoos and the women who has this done." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5477.)

but I not adding it Iit just goes over my hair is that the same :wilted_ro

Z
05-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Question
1. Is the wearing of wigs and hairpieces made from human hair and artificial materials haram?
2. Is it haram to sell such items to Muslims or non-Muslims?

Answer
Wearing wigs is prohibited if its purpose is to deceive people. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "Allah’s curse is upon the 'Wasilah' and the 'Mustowsilah'." The "Wasilah" is the women whose profession is to make wigs and the "Mustowsilah" is the woman who uses them. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, was against any kind of deception, so for this reason, he did not permit wigs for this reason. But if somebody wears it because of a sickness then it may be permissible in that situation.

Source

A samiliar question is also asked here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nakisai
05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
well that make me a bad person if i keep it on? :wilted_ro

Ra`eesah
05-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

why do u want to wear a wig? the whole point of a women covering her hair is first of all its a COMAND from Allah...secondly its because we women must cover our beauty and hair is beautiful just look at how much money ppl spend on hair alone...when ppl see u they will not say OMG she wearing a wig... they might think that that hair is urs...and thats what the jewish women do now...after they are married... instead of wearing a scarf they wear a wig.

And like brother Abdul posted... the fatwas regarding wigs in Islam its NOT
allowed...

Allahu'Alam

but sister may Allah make it easy for you ~ameen~

Nakisai
05-24-2005, 12:39 AM
i thonk for now i will just keep my wig on because I think that I would feel better knowing in my heart that I'm not doing anything that would hurt an or change me I think that I"m true(beauty) face body is cover when I dress the way Ido. my friends here says that because i live here in the us that i would never be that pure because that islam :wilted_ro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!