/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's your Sad-Aid?

Dahir
07-04-2006, 06:44 AM
This thread is somewhat complicated, yet simple. I just simply know what remedy you use to get you from sad/depressed to happy/optimistic! I know a topic like this probably belongs in the health section, but the health section is probably the least active section on this forum, so forgive me and please mods, let this thread stay here!

I'll go first, when I'm unhappy, I watch a good film (usually halal films), something to get me out of my current state. If I'm down on something like school, I watch a movie about French sailors, that should take me from one setting to almost a different world.

NOW YOU!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
07-04-2006, 06:49 AM
when i'm depressed i just make sure i'm not in the house or infront of the comp.... try to go out with close friends, try talk over my problems or get them to kill me with laughter...

mano_the_cat
07-04-2006, 06:58 AM
when im sad/depressed i tend to stay away from people as much as i can because sometimes im so irritated that i tend to get angry on people. so best way for me is to stay away from people, sleep if it causes headache ... or mostly eat whatever i feel like & watch tv.

Woodrow
07-04-2006, 07:00 AM
My own belief is to try to eliminate the causes of sadness and depression. With them removed there is no need to have to face the meaning of having to move from Sadness to happiness.

For myself the knowledge that Allah(swt) exists, is all forgiving and just,
overwhelms any concept of sadness or depression. True, I do feel pain and do suffer loses, but those are just temporary blows to my own ego. Very trivial and of no consequence in my over all goal. What gives me the right to even think that my concepts of depression can surpass the overall fairness of Allah(swt)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
07-04-2006, 07:39 AM
^^ mano, lol depends from who you stay away from!! i'd explode on msyelf if i didnt hav friends who could releave some of the steam off me

btw, going out to some empty beach is REEEEEEEEALLY good... veeery refreshing, i mean.. VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY refreshing n helpful... lol just looking out to the end of the ocean is so cool hehe..

going for a walk is cool too

salam

Sis786
07-04-2006, 07:42 AM
When im depressed i drink Coke...that gets me going again!

mano_the_cat
07-04-2006, 07:46 AM
lolwhatever .... we dont have beech in lahore... i cant go to karachi for that & what i know, its never empty .....
i stay away from people because is bad manners to be angry about something the other people had no hand in ... and its very rude to be angry with people ... especially those who didnt have anything to do with my sadness etc.

lolwatever
07-04-2006, 07:54 AM
oh ok didnt know ur a pak sis, lol well... when im with friends im sad but i dont actually get angry at them.. (lol y should i), and they cheer me up...

it's kinda helpful that i can die laughing over little things... coz it means they don't hav to waste much time trying to cheer me up :p

salams

mano_the_cat
07-04-2006, 08:06 AM
well i loose my temper easily so instead of hurting people i stay away ... thats what i can think as the best possible way ...
its fun with friends ... one really tends to forget everything .... and laughter does come naturally when with friends.
by the way you are right ....the sea looks beautiful & soothing when one is alone or isnt disturbed in any way ...

Hijaabi22
07-04-2006, 08:54 AM
pump ma trax mostly nasheeds full blast!! ups ma mood again! :)

afriend
07-04-2006, 08:59 AM
lol...All I need to do it find the right surah by Sheikh Shuraim (or by Sheikh Budair.....Sometimes)....Surah An Nur is a beautiful surah......

But listenning to emotional recitations makes me feel even more sad....But Sheikh SHuraim reading Surah Nur is AWESOME!!!!!!! :thumbs_up

lolwatever
07-04-2006, 09:03 AM
jazaks iqram for the input!

*hurries away searching for surat An-Nur by shuraim*

muslim_friend
07-04-2006, 09:09 AM
:sl:

Sad-Aid huh? Really nothing to do, but to forget about it.. if the source of sadness still exists, then i ask for its removal in my duas.. Hmmmm... there is also a beautiful dua for this type of sickness, i'll post it here:

"Oh Allah! Truly I seek refuge in You from anxiety and grief; and I seek refuge in You from inability and laziness; and I seek refuge in You from miserliness and faint-heartedness; and I seek refuge in You from the burden of debt and the coercion of men"

07-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Oh yeah i love that du'a soo much!

Anonymous.92
07-04-2006, 09:39 AM
When I am depressed I eat chocolate!

Sis786
07-04-2006, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous.92
When I am depressed I eat chocolate!
I hear ya sister!:happy:

Asyur an-Nagi
07-04-2006, 12:58 PM
when my moods were going down to my toes, i went on fishing. (but usually if i got no fish, my moods were still there).

Sis786
07-04-2006, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
when my moods were going down to my toes, i went on fishing. (but usually if i got no fish, my moods were still there).
You went on fishing!;D I get ya but fish make me +o(

Asyur an-Nagi
07-04-2006, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
You went on fishing!;D I get ya but fish make me +o(
yea...ya should try:) it's a good peripheral meditation. but if fish makes you +o( , then go on fishing without bait or do it in a parking lot;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!