/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading the Quran in english

youngsister
07-04-2006, 11:30 AM
:sl:
I know is better to read it in arabic but do you still get the same rewards if you read it in english?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
07-04-2006, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
I know is better to read it in arabic but do you still get the same rewards if you read it in english?

:) It is a command from Allah, that you must recite (itloo, meaning "Recite!") the Quran (kitaabullah, the book of Allah). Refer to Surah al-Kahf 18, verse 27.

As Arabic is the language of the Quran, and a translation is by no means the Quran itself; it does not refer to any other language. The Quran must be recited in Arabic, if you wish to read a translation to give you a basic understanding; you may do so. There's nothing wrong with that, it is when people stop reading the Arabic, because they think the translation is the same; which is not right. Refer to Surah Yusuf 12, verse 2.

------
07-04-2006, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister

Hmmm...I'm not sure but I don't think u do i mean everything has its own reward init....

Allahu Alim

07-04-2006, 12:45 PM
U'd get rewarded for understanding the quran, but reading it in arabic is the best. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Daffodil
07-04-2006, 01:31 PM
It is still an act of ibadah because u are reading it for the sake of getting a better understanding of the quran for the sake of Allah swt. So Inshallah u will be getting rewarded for it.

أحمد
07-04-2006, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
It is still an act of ibadah because u are reading it for the sake of getting a better understanding of the quran for the sake of Allah swt. So Inshallah u will be getting rewarded for it.
:) It is OK to read a translation, as long as it is not because you don't want to read the Arabic, but just for understanding. The answer below basically somes it up in an easy way of understanding.
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
U'd get rewarded for understanding the quran, but reading it in arabic is the best. :)

IceQueen~
07-04-2006, 02:01 PM
reading the quran (in arabic) is a cure for spritual as well as physical ailments
a translation does not keep the exactly the same meaning of the arabic words because arabic is so rich -one arabic word can have upto 80 dif english meanings!!! just look at the dif translations and their diversities.

so while reading in english is fine for understanding you should still read in arabic because the power of the words are the arabic words the language of paradise insha allah.

allahu 3alim

youngsister
07-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I cant read arabic :( Still learning.

Hijrah
07-05-2006, 04:03 AM
when it is in english it is neither the quran itself or is it a translation, it is an interpretation, that's why words are so different in different "translations"...the closest there is to a translation would be Marmaduke Pickthall interpretations because he sticks closer to the literal Arabic or so I've heard...

Salah ad-din
07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
We do not get the same rewards. This is why we do not even have to perform wudu or even say adhu bilahi minash Shaitanir Rajim when reciting in English. If we recieved the same rewards then we could pray in English as well.

SASB
07-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Reading the english quran for better understanding is good, but you shouldn't stop reading the arabic quran!

Salah ad-din
07-06-2006, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SASB
Reading the english quran for better understanding is good, but you shouldn't stop reading the arabic quran!
:happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.