/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you were raped

soulsociety
07-04-2006, 04:00 PM
:sl:

Or someone closed to you was, would you call the Police?

Would you/your family be ashamed/dishonoured?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sis786
07-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Hmmm i dont know to be honest i prob would tell the police and then get my Brothers to kick the living day lights out the man... to be honest i dont know! I think my culture would restrict what i would do but i know my family would be supportive! Lets hope i never find out!

Ghazi
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM

I would call the police also go on the hunt my self and beat them senseless, alternatavly I would be shady, if it was a muslim I would befriend them gather the evidence from the rape invite them to a hoilday to afganistan and introduce them to the 'Taliban' and hang them Thats justice :rant:

AvarAllahNoor
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulsociety

Are you krazy? What has dishonour got to do with being raped? Who care's what people say it's an awful crime and the perpetrator should be castrated! :grumbling

We're living in the 21st century now! - Call the police and i hope she's ok!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
07-04-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I would call the police also go on the huint my self and beat them senseless, alternatavly I would be shady, if it was a muslim I would befriend them gather the evidence from the rape invite them to a hoilday to afganistan and introduce them to the 'Taliban' and hang them Thats justice :rant:
I like the sound of that!

Sis786
07-04-2006, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I would call the police also go on the hunt my self and beat them senseless, alternatavly I would be shady, if it was a muslim I would befriend them gather the evidence from the rape invite them to a hoilday to afganistan and introduce them to the 'Taliban' and hang them Thats justice :rant:
Yep sounds about right!

michele
07-04-2006, 04:16 PM
well I was raped 12 or so years ago, and I did report it to the police. Though I didn't tell my family. I am a lapsed (long time) Roman Catholic and the archaic chauvinism that has embedded itself within my own culture was such that I felt my family would have only made a bad thing worse.

Ultimately the judicial system did serve justice... in my case just before we were going into our second trial. The first trial hung the jury. I didn't want to have a second trial, but the DA on the case was adamant about getting this man off the streets as he was profiled as being early still in his career as a rapists. Both the DA and the Detective on the case was sure that over time he would eventually maim and ultimately kill his victims. blah blah blah further details are unimportant.

Yes. I voted Yes and I would advocate depending upon where one lived in the world on woman reporting rapes. Rape is culturally non-specific. It is a crime committed within all cultures and all races. Keeping it secret only guarantees archaic myths and chauvinistic values will continue to present themselves as an obstacle to decreasing incidents of rape along with pedaphilia.

the whole issue of shame is invented by patriarchs who remain ambivalent about equality between genders. If anyone should be made to feel shame it is the rapists, not the victim or the victims family.

YES....IMO rape should be reported ... and these so called "honor rapes" should be stridently denounced.

Ghazi
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by michele
well I was raped 12 or so years ago, and I did report it to the police. Though I didn't tell my family. I am a lapsed (long time) Roman Catholic and the archaic chauvinism that has embedded itself within my own culture was such that I felt my family would have only made a bad thing worse.

Ultimately the judicial system did serve justice... in my case just before we were going into our second trial. The first trial hung the jury. I didn't want to have a second trial, but the DA on the case was adamant about getting this man off the streets as he was profiled as being early still in his career as a rapists. Both the DA and the Detective on the case was sure that over time he would eventually maim and ultimately kill his victims. blah blah blah further details are unimportant.

Yes. I voted Yes and I would advocate depending upon where one lived in the world on woman reporting rapes. Rape is culturally non-specific. It is a crime committed within all cultures and all races. Keeping it secret only guarantees archaic myths and chauvinistic values will continue to present themselves as an obstacle to decreasing incidents of rape along with pedaphilia.

the whole issue of shame is invented by patriarchs who remain ambivalent about equality between genders. If anyone should be made to feel shame it is the rapists, not the victim or the victims family.

YES....IMO rape should be reported ... and these so called "honor rapes" should be stridently denounced.

Sorry to hear that it happened to you sister.

Umm Safiya
07-04-2006, 04:28 PM

Yes, I would deffo report the rape.. My friend was raped a couple of times by the same man.. She didn't report it ever.. Never told anybody about it, expect me obivously..
People who don't report are stupid.. If the guy isn't caught, he will just continue to rape and next time it could be your mother or sister..
May Allâh ta'âla protect us all from something like that, amîn..

Actually, here in Denmark, I don't know if it like this other places, but here a person who robs a bank is put to jail for a longer time than a rapist.. Quite disturbing!

:grumbling :grumbling

muslim_friend
07-04-2006, 04:30 PM
^ I agree.

j4763
07-04-2006, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hamzah

Actually, here in Denmark, I don't know if it like this other places, but here a person who robs a bank is put to jail for a longer time than a rapist.. Quite disturbing!

:grumbling :grumbling
Pretty much the same here in the uk :heated:

Although rapists and child killers/abusers get quite a beating in uk jails. They have to be put on there own wings for there own safety. Your avarage crim would kill them given the chance.

Umm Safiya
07-04-2006, 04:39 PM
It's just sickening.. :offended:

format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
Although rapists and child killers/abusers get quite a beating in uk jails. They have to be put on there own wings for there own safety. Your avarage crim would kill them given the chance.
That would serve them right ! !

Hijaabi22
07-04-2006, 04:41 PM

May Allah(swt) protect all ma sisters out there 4rm such a filthy and disgustin act, Ameen!

I dunno wat Id do but inshaAllah Ill never be put in such a position!! But then again I wudnt let the [BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEEEEEEEEEEEP] get away with it thats 4 sure!!

Ill never understand what goes thru the mind of these psychos !

youngsister
07-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Amin to the Dua I think i would report it. I wouldnt be able to live with myself if this man hurts another person and the fact that you could have stopped it will kill you inside.
Definetly report him and put my trust in Allah swt.

glo
07-04-2006, 05:49 PM

Without a doubt!
If not for your own sake, then for the sake of those other women who will not have to suffer the same fate, because the offender has been arrested!

There may however be feelings of guilt or shame - and they will need to be dealt with, too!

Peace.

Woodrow
07-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I will agree that rape is a very important subject, it is a violent crime and people both men and woman need to know what to do if it occurs.

However, I am a bit concerned as to if this is being presented properly for this forum.

I would agree that a thread dealing with Islamic rulings about rape would be appropriate, I just have an odd feeling that in the manner this thread is presented, especialy with a poll it is at risk to develope into something not intended.

Just, my opinion

Thanaa
07-04-2006, 06:14 PM

Nope, no one would be ashamed of me...Id probably go to the police AND beat the crap outta the perp.

chacha_jalebi
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
i hope Allah (swt) protects every1 frm bad tins lik dis, but its best 2 report it & den go n beat em up urself!! or get some ppl 2 rape dem :p

i tink all rapists sud jus b hanged simple!! no stay in jail no nothin, jus simple hanged or burnt 2 death or .... lol i hav bare punishments!! :D

but all rapists sud jus b killed dats d best thin!!

Silver Pearl
07-04-2006, 06:37 PM
:wasalamex

For the reasons mentioned below by 3mu Woodrow this thread will be closed:

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I will agree that rape is a very important subject, it is a violent crime and people both men and woman need to know what to do if it occurs.

However, I am a bit concerned as to if this is being presented properly for this forum.

I would agree that a thread dealing with Islamic rulings about rape would be appropriate, I just have an odd feeling that in the manner this thread is presented, especialy with a poll it is at risk to develope into something not intended.

Just, my opinion
If you truly have a yearning question about the issue please start a thread in the private sections.

Jizakallah khayrun

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.