/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Self Control

anonymous
07-04-2006, 08:42 PM
salam

I was just wondering what the best way to prevent desires from within to be aroused. Keep in mind i dont watch TV, Listen to music, or even play video games. I just wish i didnt get these sinful thoughts in my head anymore. I know of fasting but i was wondering if theres any other ways to keep it under control?

Why does this country have to be infested with such fitnah.

wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
07-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Bro, this country is filled with fitnah, its our duty to try our best to avoid such temptations. You know yourself better than anyone of us here, you should fast if you have to... and avoid being in situations where you feel you will be tempting yourself. Stay with muslim brothers and get involved in your local community. It's human nature to feel such way because shataan is always whispering in our ears. So, one of the ways you can fight this is to say "I seek refuge with Allah..." and lower your gaze. Less you see and hear such things,.. the less you'll be tempted.

Try keeping yourself busy... whether its reading Quran or doing something you like. Playing games will even help if you're into games... Basically keep your mind from wondering and do something with you time.

Inshallah, You'll be able to get over this trial.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Woodrow
07-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Strange thing it seems that the best intended of us is capable of thoughts that would embarass shaitan.

With that said do the best you can to control the thoughts. Keep in mind the consequences of acting on the thoughts and above all make D'ua and pray that Allah(swt) will guide you through these times. Keep as busy as possible with pure activities and do all you can to serve Allah(swt)

glo
07-05-2006, 06:49 AM
I am assuming that you are a young male. Can I tell you that these feelings and desires are quite normal in your development?

Blaming your environment for your thoughts and desires is really not the answer... even if you lived in a place with no women and temptations at all, you would still experience those feelings. They are not bad or harmful - they are part of human living!

God made you to have such desires. They will not go away! You will have to learn to control and channel them into the right paths ...
Brothers here will be much better qualified to advise you in this matter.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
07-05-2006, 03:26 PM
:salamext:

This link may be useful insha'Allaah:

http://muttaqun.com/gaze.html

:wasalamex

Daffodil
07-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Can u not get married?

If not then keep ur self occupied n put ur self with other practicing brothers because their good company will help u n encourage u n motivate u to do better n increase ur iman inshallah.

AnonymousPoster
07-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Marriage is something which i have to wait for unfortunately, i have made dua many times for Allah to ease the trial by allowing me to get married early inshaAllah and i have faith that Allah will answer my prayer when the time is right. I will be patient for now.

JazakAllah khair to all the brothers and sisters who have attempted to help.
May Allah reward you all abundantly. Ameen

Wa alaikum asSalam

Ru'ya
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salam

I was just wondering what the best way to prevent desires from within to be aroused. Keep in mind i dont watch TV, Listen to music, or even play video games. I just wish i didnt get these sinful thoughts in my head anymore. I know of fasting but i was wondering if theres any other ways to keep it under control?

Why does this country have to be infested with such fitnah.

wasalam
fasting
gaze lowering
quran reading
sunnah reading

aslo read stories about sahaba

Abdul Fattah
07-05-2006, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I am assuming that you are a young male. Can I tell you that these feelings and desires are quite normal in your development?

Blaming your environment for your thoughts and desires is really not the answer... even if you lived in a place with no women and temptations at all, you would still experience those feelings. They are not bad or harmful - they are part of human living!

God made you to have such desires. They will not go away! You will have to learn to control and channel them into the right paths ...
Brothers here will be much better qualified to advise you in this matter.

Peace.
Whit all respect Glo, I think your reasoning is flawed. Just because a thought is natural/standard doesn't make it ok. People have many natural urges that are obviously wrong. In extreme cases we can even mention psychological diseases like cleptomania, pyromania and such to show us that just because an urge is as psychology calls "human nature" (or at least the nature of some) doesn't make it ok. In islam we say that everything that leads to sin is by itself to be avoided, because if you put yourself in a situation where you are tempted, you will higher the chance of messing up.
Of course some fellings cannot be stopped, but there's a difrence in recognising that; and in concluding that one should indulge in those thoughts. Because if you indulge (for example keep staring) eventually you'll get yourself work up.

Brother the best advise I can give you is fasting, that really works best for me. And I know even then it's sometimes hard especially times like this where you have a heat wave and suddenly people barely wear clothes anymore. Just try not to look at all and tune out, if you are unaware of the peopel around you you can't be tempted by them either.

Ghazi
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
:sl:

Are you willing to scarifice the Hoor Al Ayn for the women on dunya keep strong bro and try your best to get married ASAP.

glo
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Thank you for your comments, Steve. Because this is a counselling thread for the benefit of our young brother, I won't go into any further debate about it. I hope you understand.

Thank you for your advice for the brother in question. :)

Peace.

Annie
07-06-2006, 02:05 AM
Salam
Good answer steve:sister: :w:

Annie
07-06-2006, 02:14 AM
Salam
The only advice i would give you is to always remember Allah and thats the only way you can control yourself, For every step you take in life remember Allah and that willl ead you on the right path.
Wassalm
Annie
Hope it makes sense

person
07-06-2006, 12:10 PM
remember Allah Sees and Knows All. keep yourself occupied insha Allah. attend lectures and events, read etc

- Qatada -
07-06-2006, 05:49 PM
:salamext:

Brother, you may want to keep yourself entertained with lectures about islam which will interest you insha'Allaah, and also you will gain reward insha'Allaah because you're gaining knowledge for the sake of Allaah Almighty.

Heres some good links insha'Allaah:

http://lectures.kalamullah.com/

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ry-2006-a.html

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.