/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Announcement

Dahir
07-05-2006, 04:49 AM
Bear with Me:

Yesterday, I was the most 'down' I've been in almost my entire life; I spent most of my summer doing not much, I thought things were going to stay that way, and things weren't looking to good. I started looking for jobs, yet no one wanted to hire 'some kid' with no work experience.

A MIRACLE HAPPENED!!

Yesterday, while looking through threads here, I thought, and thought, and thought...and finally I made a FINAL SWEAR to NEVER engage in sin, not that I have previously, nor excessively, but the swear I made was a miracle.

The following day, TODAY, after two months of searching, I got offered a job! It pays well, and it involves computer work! Allahu Akbar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Ma'shallah Bro,

But keep in mind "I made a FINAL SWEAR to NEVER engage in sin" is an oath no man [except for Prophets (Peace be upon all of them)] has been able to keep.

Dahir
07-05-2006, 05:27 AM
But keep in mind "I made a FINAL SWEAR to NEVER engage in sin" is an oath no man [except for Prophets (Peace be upon all of them)] has been able to keep.
I know. I somewhat regret making such a swear, but that only toughens the road ahead, and I'm fully prepared at this point to take on the road ahead.

I think there's one move that will help me tons in the future:

Attend college in a mostly Islamic nation!

I'm thinking Pakistan, Malaysia, Singapore (about 15% Muslim), UAE, or any other country that'll do a good job of preventing me from sin, Insha Allah.

BTW - Thanks for the advice.

Malaikah
07-05-2006, 05:28 AM
:sl:

True woodrow, but i think its his attitude that counts, the actual act of trying to keep away from sin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
07-05-2006, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

True woodrow, but i think its his attitude that counts, the actual act of trying to keep away from sin.
I agree his attitude is highly commendable. It is truly a worthwhile goal to strive for.

Dahir
07-05-2006, 06:06 AM
It is truly a worthwhile goal to strive for.
It surely is.

north_malaysian
07-05-2006, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I'm thinking Pakistan, Malaysia, Singapore (about 15% Muslim), UAE, or any other country that'll do a good job of preventing me from sin, Insha Allah.
You can be Islamic in Malaysia, but remember I've reminded u that, u'll be surprised of how unIslamic or should I say 'Westernized' the Malaysians.

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 04:13 PM

BTW - Thanks for the advice.
Masha'allah that's good to hear Brother, However I must advise you that Malaysia and UAE and Singapore are definitely not any place to go if you are trying to be a better Muslim. Those countries are just almost totally westernized.

Ghazi
07-05-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Ma'shallah Bro,

Even some of the prophets commited sins but they repented, were all sinners and the best of sinners are those who repent.

Hijaabi22
07-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Bear with Me:

Yesterday, I was the most 'down' I've been in almost my entire life; I spent most of my summer doing not much, I thought things were going to stay that way, and things weren't looking to good. I started looking for jobs, yet no one wanted to hire 'some kid' with no work experience.

A MIRACLE HAPPENED!!

Yesterday, while looking through threads here, I thought, and thought, and thought...and finally I made a FINAL SWEAR to NEVER engage in sin, not that I have previously, nor excessively, but the swear I made was a miracle.

The following day, TODAY, after two months of searching, I got offered a job! It pays well, and it involves computer work! Allahu Akbar
lol MashaAllah nyc 1 :)! Similar thing happened to me also! :)

sonz
07-05-2006, 06:36 PM
mashallah br

but i dont think u have made an oath that u cant keep cuz sooner or later u will break it and u have to offer expiation.

chk this hadith

All the children of Adam are sinners (wrongdoers) but the best of sinners are those who repent often." (Related by Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)

masalama

Daffodil
07-05-2006, 09:55 PM
We sin all the time knowingly and unknowingly, ur gonna eventualy break ur oath n for that ull have to make sure u offer expiation for it like the brother above my post mentioned.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.