/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mum brought children to commit suicide

north_malaysian
07-05-2006, 05:56 AM
MUM PROMISED A MOVIE TREAT, RECALLS VICTORIA

SEREMBAN: She told her children to skip school with a promise of a movie treat.

Instead, she took them to a railway track just 100m away from her house to end their lives.

Traumatised Victoria, the eight-year-old who survived the tragedy, said her mother M. Sanggita was sobbing incessantly while hugging her and her siblings one by one after she woke them up to prepare for school at about 6.15am.

"She told us that we could skip classes because she wanted to take us for a movie," she said and broke into tears.

"My three-year-old sister Esther was excited when she heard that we were going to watch a movie, and jumped out of bed immediately."

Her mother, according to Victoria, held their hand upon reaching the track and said, "we are all going to die today, forgive me".

"Esther was curious and asked my mother the meaning of 'die'. My mother said we were all going to see God.

"My sister asked my mother why she was still crying, as they could see the movie together with God," she said.

Victoria's grandmother P. Periakka, 59, said her granddaughter told her that Sanggita embraced her children firmly and waited for the express train to arrive.

"She held them tightly while standing on the track, but Victoria managed to break loose and jump in th nick of time while pulling her brother Jason with her," she said.

Periakka said Jason, 5, was seriously injured but was in stable condition.

He has been warded in HUKM in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.

Date: 04.07.06
Venue: Taman Tuanku Ampuan Najihah, Seremban, Malaysia
Time: 9.30 AM
Killed: 1) M. Sanggita, 30
2) Sacheria, 6
3) Esther, 3
Injured: 1) Jason Kalidas, 5
Survived: Victoria, 8
Source: The Star, page N3, 05.07.2006

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dahir
07-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Wow. Um, short of words for that...just:heated: :?

north_malaysian
07-05-2006, 06:24 AM
I mean, if u want to take your live, why involve your innocent children. This is crazy!!

Dahir
07-05-2006, 07:49 AM
mean, if u want to take your live, why involve your innocent children. This is crazy!!
This wasn't any ordinary suicide, this was a mentally depraved act, the lives of the kids didn't matter, it was as if the person wasn't in control of their own body or actions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
07-05-2006, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
This wasn't any ordinary suicide, this was a mentally depraved act, the lives of the kids didn't matter, it was as if the person wasn't in control of their own body or actions.
You're saying that the mum was delusioned?

The train dragged them about 100 metres. And their flesh went to all over the place.

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 12:15 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

SubhaanAllah, i'm lost for words!!!..that's just SAD and SICK!! :heated:

wa alaykum ass salaam

Nawal89
07-05-2006, 12:15 PM
why? :'(
what ever got into her head to make her do that?:'(

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Astaghfirullah..........Why'd she have to drag her children into it?? Ya Subhanallah.......May Allah have mercy on the souls of those little children Ya Rabb Ameen.
That woman was definitely suffering from mental illness!! now her daughter will be traumatised forever :(

Annie
07-06-2006, 02:26 AM
Salam
thats really sad
wassalm

north_malaysian
07-06-2006, 03:42 AM
It's been reported that, the mother quarelled with the husband because he just lost his job.

Because of this tragedy, the Ministry of Women and Family affairs suggested that movies that show people committing suicide (esp. Tamil and Hindi movies) should be banned.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.