/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Tafseer...

IceQueen~
07-05-2006, 01:58 PM
:sl: Bismillahi-rahmani-rahim
brothers and sisters

I was thinking we could have a tafseer thread where we can take turns in doing a bit of tafseer on the net here. Even if it's just a few ayahs-there are lots of scholars on the forum masha allah and the rest of us can copy out from tafseer books such as ibn kathir, qurtubi, etc (just make sure we reference it insha alllah) or even lectures like al-huda international-farhat hashmi, amina elahi, also dr israr ahmed.

Also anyone with any questions about tafseer can post them here insha allah

But of course NO ONE should say anything from themselves or even what they think. This is strictly forbidden in islam.:rant:

What does anyone else think-please let me know insha allah...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IceQueen~
07-05-2006, 02:34 PM
:sl:
OK as the most popular example goes... if you had a treasure map which revealed the way to a great treasure but which was in a different language-what would you do?
would you put away on the shelf and forget about it?
would you sit reading it in the unknown language without understanding it and then put it away again?

any sensible person would try their best to understand the treasure map as soon as possible and get the treasure wouldn't they?

the quran contains the greatest treasure-the ultimate treasure- so how come we don't try and learn it's language and what it teaches and has to say...?

another example is that if you had a letter from a really dear and close friend of yours-wouldn't you treasure it and read it carefully lovingly making sure you didn't miss anything?

Allah the One who loves us so much more than our mothers and the One who takes care of us every second of our lives has sent us His message in the Quran...

May Allah help us all to learn and follow His way and to help others do the same insha allah..Ameen.

Umm Yoosuf
07-05-2006, 07:46 PM
:w: Marya1

I was thinking we could have a tafseer thread where we can take turns in doing a bit of tafseer on the net here. Even if it's just a few ayahs-there are lots of scholars on the forum masha allah and the rest of us can copy out from tafseer books such as ibn kathir, qurtubi, etc (just make sure we reference it insha alllah) or even lectures like al-huda international-farhat hashmi, amina elahi, also dr israr ahmed.
What here really? Who? I think theres any scholars here sister :? Nor do i think theres anyone knowledgeable enought to give us a tafsirs. Allah knows best.

Although masha Allah your intentions are good, i just don't think anyone can fulfil this. Perhaps if anyone has read up on the tafsir of a particular ayah or even a sura then they can share with us. :sister:

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 07:48 PM
^ But sister she said that we should bring a Tafsir from books like ibn Katheer and such and I'm sure that there are quite a few people who are up to this Insha'allah :)
I think that's a good idea sis Marya1!! However it's quite possible that this will be quite a slow moving thread :p but no matter! I think it's great insha'allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Taqiyah
07-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Asalama Alaikum.........

sister Marya1 I think this is a pretty good idea:) If u know enough Tafsiir of the Quran then I am willing to ask for ur help, coz I was really lookin forward to know the meanin of the whole Quran this summer:) sice I got nothin else to do:sister:

Umm Yoosuf
07-05-2006, 07:53 PM
What i understood from the sisters points, is that maybe some members can do Tafsir for us, and we can make notes etc because there are alot of knowledgable people here....thats what i though and understood from here quote here:

Perhaps if anyone has read up on the tafsir of a particular ayah or even a sura then they can share with us.
I don't mind members posting tafsirs...from Ibn Kathir etc...many members already do this.

Umm Yoosuf
07-05-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
Asalama Alaikum.........

sister Marya1 I think this is a pretty good idea:) If u know enough Tafsiir of the Quran then I am willing to ask for ur help, coz I was really lookin forward to know the meanin of the whole Quran this summer:) sice I got nothin else to do:sister:
You can always buy Tafsir ibn Kathir (10 vol.) Masha Allah its really benefical..:sister:

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
^ Yes that's true sis, The book is extremely beneficial Masha'allah, but for some people they tire quickly of reading it so maybe a thread like this would be beneficial as Ayats would be picked randomly and it would motivate the person to go and search fo that particular ayat........in other words it would make things more interesting.
Allahu A3lam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-05-2006, 08:13 PM
is there a tafseer for surah Zalzala? if so i would be very interested in reading it inshaAllah :)

Ru'ya
07-05-2006, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
is there a tafseer for surah Zalzala? if so i would be very interested in reading it inshaAllah :)
I heard that tafseer altabary is one of the best tafseers i'll try to find an english trnslation for it insha allah

Taqiyah
07-05-2006, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
You can always buy Tafsir ibn Kathir (10 vol.) Masha Allah its really benefical..:sister:

Where can I get that particular book?:) .... i don't wanna buy it online coz I don't have a credit card...

Umm Yoosuf
07-05-2006, 09:06 PM
You can get it in your local Masjid, in the book shops.

Ru'ya
07-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know where can i get an online translation for tafseer altabary ?

- Qatada -
07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
:salamext:

This site does get offline alot, but

www.tafsir.com

has ibn kathir's (r.a.) tafsir in it insha'Allaah.

:wasalamex

Ru'ya
07-05-2006, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

www.tafsir.com

has ibn kathir's (r.a.) tafsir in it insha'Allaah.

jazak allah khair brother

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 09:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ But sister she said that we should bring a Tafsir from books like ibn Katheer and such and I'm sure that there are quite a few people who are up to this Insha'allah :)
yes this was what i meant insha allah.
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ I think that's a good idea sis Marya1!! However it's quite possible that this will be quite a slow moving thread :p but no matter! I think it's great insha'allah.
it probably will be slow moving (very) but if it gets people into tafseer then at least it's doing something.
i hope it encourages people to see the beauty of tafseer and how interesting it can be insha allah, Ameen.

Ayesha Rana
07-07-2006, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marya1
yes this was what i meant insha allah.

it probably will be slow moving (very) but if it gets people into tafseer then at least it's doing something.
i hope it encourages people to see the beauty of tafseer and how interesting it can be insha allah, Ameen.
Okay so get going Mary. Are we gonna start from Surah Al-Fatihah or just pick random Ayahs?

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 09:18 AM
we can do both (ayesha).

it would be nice if everyone participated insha allah.
we have lots of tafseer books at home masha allah-ibn kathir, ma'aariful quran, mawdudi..and some lectures too.

others who study tafseer can help and it'll also be an excuse for anyone to go and start studying it even if only a bit. you can pick even an ayah (maybe one that you really like) and research about the tafseer behind it and then share it with us here insha allah, Ameen.

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
i'll try and post that for you insha allah.

IceQueen~
07-10-2006, 12:51 PM
:sl: (the tafseer of surah Zalzalah from Ibn Kathir.)

the hadith in Ahmed (2:169) refers to this surah. (summary-that surah Zalazalah is comprehensive of the surahs that begin with Alif, Lam, Ra, and those that begin with Ha Mim and also those from the Musabbihaat)

Ibn Abbas said that the first ayah When the earth quakes with its Zilzaal means that it will move from beneath it.

The second ayah And when the earth throws out its burdens meaning, it will throw forth that which is in it of the dead. More than one of the Salaf have said this and it is similar to Allah's statement-22:1 and also 84:3-4 of the quran.

(I'll post the rest after prayer Insha Allah :w:)

IceQueen~
07-10-2006, 02:39 PM
:sl: (tafseer of Az-Zalazalah continued insha allah..)

In Sahih Muslim hadith- Prophet (saw) said The earth will throw out the pieces of its liver (its contents). Gold and silver will come out like columns. A murderer will come and say, 'I killed for this?' The one who broke the ties of kinship will say 'For this I severed the ties of kinship?' The thief will say, 'For this I got my hands amputated?' Then they will leave it there and no one will take anything from it.

Then Allah says And man will say 'What is the matter with it? (ayah 3) meaning, he will be baffled by its situation after it used to be stable, settled and firm, and he used to be settled upon its surface.
This refers to the alteration of the state of things and the earth moving and shaking. Then will come to it inescapable quaking that Allah prepared for it. Then it will throw out its dead people- from the first to the last generations. At that time the people will be baffled by the events and the earth changing into other than the earth, and the heavens as well.
Then theyw ill be presented before Allah, the One, the irresistible.

That Day it will declare its information (ayah 4) meaning it will speak of what the people did upon its surface.
the prophet (saw) said Verily its information is that it will testify against every male and female servant, about what they did upon its surface. It will say that he did such and such on such and such a day. So this is its information. (Ahmed 2:374)

Because your Lord will inspire it (ayah 5)
Allah will permit it. Ibn Abbas said "That Day it will declare its information Its Lord will say to it, 'Speak' so it will speak." (Ad-Durr Al-Manthur 8:592)

That Day mankind will proceed in scattered groups (Ashtaat) (first part of ayah 6) meaning they will return from the station of the Judgement in separate groups. This means they will be divided into types and categories: between those who are miserable and those who are happy, and those who are commanded to go to Paradise and those who are commandede to go to Hellfire. As-Suddi said "Ashtaat means sects." (Ad-Durr Al-Manthur 8:593)

that they may be shown their deeds (rest of ayah 6) meaning, so that they may act and be rewarded for what they did in this life of good and evil.

Therefore Allah goes on to say So whosoever does good equal to the weight of a speck of dust shall see it. And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of speck of dust shall see it.

(Insha allah I'll post the rest some other time)

IceQueen~
07-11-2006, 02:10 PM
:sl: BISMILLAHI-RAHMANI-RAHIM
tafseer is one of the most important things we should strive to learn insha allah because it teaches us how to follow the Quran correctly and so Allah's deen (which is our whole life's purpous).

Ok bismillah, rabbi zidnaa 3ilmaa (Lord increase us in knowledge) (Allah protect me from making mistakes...Ameen)
'A3udhubillahi minashaytani-rajim saying this is sunnah before starting reading Quran because shaytan promised he would try his hardest to stop us from doing good, so whenever we want to do something good-he comes running..
Allah is the One who created shaytan so He can protect us from him -we just need to ask Him.

'A3udhu means 'I seek refuge'
bi means 'with'- so billahi means with Allah
min means 'from'
ashaytan is from the Arabic root sh Ta na which means 'the far thing' (shaytan is far from Allah's mercy)
ar-rajim means 'the rejected' from root 'rajm' -meaning stoning
the one stoned runs far away (rejected)

bism means 'bi'-'with' and 'ism' '-name' so 'with (the) name (of)..'
Allah is Allah this word has no dual/plural/fem etc form. It is unique and God is unique.
Ar-Rahman means 'the merciful' Allah is very merciful no matter how much we sin. This is His mercy for all of His creation-whether muslim/non muslim, animals etc.
Ar-Rahim means that He is repeatedly merciful

(surah al-Fatihah)
This surah is the first surah to be revealed in its complete form.
it means 'the opening' (of the quran) and is also called as-shifa-'a cure' It is a cure for all kinds of illnesses.

there is disagreement with scholars as to whether bismillah is one of the ayahs (verses) of al-fatiha or just an opening verse for every surah (except surah Tawbah)
some scholars say it is a verse of surah fatiha and also surah naml..
others say it is a separate verse in itself and separates/distinguishes the surahs one from another..
(Allahu 3lim-Allah knows best)

Angel Jibraeel said to the prophet (saw) that two things Allah has given to Him which weren't given to anyone before (weren't in the previous books)
these are surah al-fatiha and the last two ayahs of surah baqarah.
whenever you (prophet (saw)) read either of them and then ask for something your du'ah will always be accepted. (Sahih Muslim)

Bismillahi-Rahmani-Rahim is called 'the Basmallah'

(insha allah I'll continue the rest another time.
all I've written is from Ibn Kathir, and Al-Huda international lectures and Ma'ariful quran
If there are any mistakes please correct me
:w:)

Muhammad
07-11-2006, 04:01 PM

Perhaps the above post should be moved into a new thread in the Basics of Islam forum?

I will just emphasise that while this is a very beneficial topic to discuss, we need to be careful of referring to the scholars of tafseer when discussing it and taking care not to offer unqualified opninions, since there is no scholar on this forum (that we know of) to guide us in such tasks.

Anyone who wishes to ask a question should also be aware of this.

Also, we currently have a number of other threads that members can refer to should they wish to find out more about the concept of tafseer, resources for studying the Qur'aan and there also exist a few threads about the tafseer of specific soorahs such as Al-Kawthar, Al-Ahzaab and a verse from soorah An-Nisaa.

Malaikah
08-13-2006, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

www.tafsir.com
salam it seems to be down now too.. its there somewhere else with tafsir?!

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-13-2006, 08:48 AM
i take tafseer lectures from a qualified lady scholar..if u people wan i cud post her explainations for u..they r excelent n too good to be described..mashAllah my teacher gives superb n so new explainations..leaves u tongue-tied!!

IceQueen~
08-13-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah if anyone is interested I can post the link to farhat hashmi's lectures (in urdu) but excellent masha allah! so the urdu speakers can enjoy..

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-14-2006, 04:40 PM
i dont talk abt Farhat Hashmi..she is way too different from Farhat Hashmi n i can provide u ppl wid english translations.. :)
so jus lemme know..or if ne wans he/she can pm me too..welcome ne time :)

Muhammad
08-23-2006, 01:25 PM

These lectures sound quite interesting, you if you are able to, you could start a new thread in the Basics of Islam section and post them there.

It would also be helpful to provide background and references for the teacher or the information to ensure authenticity Insha'Allaah.

Jazakallahu Khayr.

Btw - here is another site for Tafseer ibn Kathir: http://www.theholybook.org/en/c.4830.html

- Qatada -
08-23-2006, 04:55 PM

There's audio lecture tafsir by Muhammad al Shareef here insha'Allaah:

Tafsir Juzz Amma:
http://www.streetdawah.com/muhammadal-shareef.html

sameena
08-23-2006, 06:17 PM
its a good thing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.