/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this quote right?

~Mischa~
07-05-2006, 06:17 PM
:sl:

I just wanted to know, is this quote correct?

'Serving one's parents is equal in honor to fighting against an enemy of Islam'

Jazakallah Khair

Ws

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM

Yes!

The three best deeds

1.Salah
2.Dutiful to Parents
3.Jihad

Hijrah
07-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I think its BETTER than fighting against the enemy of Islam...

Ghazi
07-05-2006, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
I think its BETTER than fighting against the enemy of Islam...

It's a good deed but the Shaheed gets more reward, anyway cool sig where did you get the image from?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
07-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Please don't turn this into another Pro-Jihadist thread.

wa'salaam.

Ghazi
07-05-2006, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Please don't turn this into another Pro-Jihadist thread.

wa'salaam.

I never turned it into anything simply replying to the brother.

SirZubair
07-05-2006, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I never turned it into anything simply replying to the brother.
Im glad we have an understanding ;)

~Mischa~
07-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Jazaks Islam-Truth.

I'm a sister btw :sister:

Ws

Ghazi
07-05-2006, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mischa~
Jazaks Islam-Truth.

I'm a sister btw :sister:

Ws

lol I know the brother I was refering to was 'Hijra'.

Hijrah
07-05-2006, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

It's a good deed but the Shaheed gets more reward, anyway cool sig where did you get the image from?
It seems I can't find the narration but i swear #1 is prayer or remembrance of Allah...#2 is Obeisance to parents an #3 is Jihad, as far as that pic, I found it on Myspace from some guy it looked cool so I just had to save it

- Qatada -
07-05-2006, 07:19 PM
:salamext:

Sahih Bukhaari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 1

Narrated Al-Walid bin 'Aizar (may Allaah Almighty be pleased with him):

I heard Abi Amr 'Ash-Shaibani saying, "The owner of this house." he pointed to 'Abdullah's (may Allaah Almighty be pleased with him)'s house, "said,

'I asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) 'Which deed is loved most by Allah Almighty?" He replied, 'To offer prayers at their early (very first) stated times.' " 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "To be good and dutiful to one's parents," 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, To participate in Jihad for Allah's Cause." 'Abdullah added, "The Prophet (peace be upon him) narrated to me these three things, and if I had asked more, he would have told me more."

more ahadith from this collection:
http://www.ishwar.com/islam/holy_had...book73_01.html

:wasalamex

~Mischa~
07-05-2006, 07:23 PM
So it's not equal right?

being dutiful to one's parents comes 1st?

Ghazi
07-05-2006, 07:33 PM
So it's not equal right?

being dutiful to one's parents comes 1st?

Yes taken parents care of parents comes first but when sitautions arise such as when 'Jihad' become Fard 'Ayn then that muslim must leave and go fight.

Salah ad-din
07-05-2006, 07:39 PM

I just wanted to know, is this quote correct?

'Serving one's parents is equal in honor to fighting against an enemy of Islam'

Jazakallah Khair

Ws
Yes. Devotion and duty to parents is HIGHLY recommended in Islam. Disobiedience to parents is one of the worst sins in Islam.
Wa Qađá Rabbuka 'Allā Ta`budū 'Illā 'Īyāhu Wa Bil-Wālidayni 'Iĥsānāan 'Immā Yablughanna `Indaka Al-Kibara 'Aĥaduhumā 'Aw Kilāhumā Falā Taqul Lahumā 'Uffin Wa Lā Tanharhumā Wa Qul Lahumā Qawlāan Karīmāan And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. (Al-Isra 17:23) وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُوا إِلاَّ إِيَّاه ُُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانا ً إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِنْدَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاَهُمَا فَلاَ تَقُلْ لَهُمَا أُفّ ٍ وَلاَ تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُلْ لَهُمَا قَوْلا ً كَرِيما ً
Wa Akhfiđ Lahumā Janāĥa Adh-Dhulli Mina Ar-Raĥmati Wa Qul Rrabbi Arĥamhumā Kamā Rabbayānī Şaghīrāan And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small." (Al-Isra 17:24) وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُلْ رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِير

Salah ad-din
07-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Yes. Devotion and duty to parents is HIGHLY recommended in Islam. Disobiedience to parents is one of the worst sins in Islam.

Wa Qađá Rabbuka 'Allā Ta`budū 'Illā 'Īyāhu Wa Bil-Wālidayni 'Iĥsānāan 'Immā Yablughanna `Indaka Al-Kibara 'Aĥaduhumā 'Aw Kilāhumā Falā Taqul Lahumā 'Uffin Wa Lā Tanharhumā Wa Qul Lahumā Qawlāan Karīmāan
And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. (Al-Isra 17:23)
وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُوا إِلاَّ إِيَّاه ُُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانا ً إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِنْدَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاَهُمَا فَلاَ تَقُلْ لَهُمَا أُفّ ٍ وَلاَ تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُلْ لَهُمَا قَوْلا ً كَرِيما ً
Wa Akhfiđ Lahumā Janāĥa Adh-Dhulli Mina Ar-Raĥmati Wa Qul Rrabbi Arĥamhumā Kamā Rabbayānī Şaghīrāan And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small." (Al-Isra 17:24) وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُلْ رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِير

Hijrah
07-05-2006, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:

Sahih Bukhaari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 1

Narrated Al-Walid bin 'Aizar (may Allaah Almighty be pleased with him):

I heard Abi Amr 'Ash-Shaibani saying, "The owner of this house." he pointed to 'Abdullah's (may Allaah Almighty be pleased with him)'s house, "said,

'I asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) 'Which deed is loved most by Allah Almighty?" He replied, 'To offer prayers at their early (very first) stated times.' " 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "To be good and dutiful to one's parents," 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, To participate in Jihad for Allah's Cause." 'Abdullah added, "The Prophet (peace be upon him) narrated to me these three things, and if I had asked more, he would have told me more."

more ahadith from this collection:
http://www.ishwar.com/islam/holy_had...book73_01.html

:wasalamex

Jazakallah bro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.