/* */

PDA

View Full Version : International Community Must Help Palestinians

sonz
07-05-2006, 06:30 PM
by Sonia Nettnin
(Tuesday July 04 2006)

"...I do not know how world political leadership and western media carry on as if they do not know what is happening to the Palestinians, as if they have the right to determine whose lives have more value than others. How is the genocide of an entire people going to bring security to the world?"

The facts are clear as day and night: 860,000 people in Gaza are without electricity and water (PENGON July 3, 2006) as a result of Israel's "Operation Summer Rain" in Gaza that began last week.

People, hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings could lose their lives if the world does not intervene by stopping the continued barbaric assault against the Palestinians and humanitarian relief services are not on the ground helping people now.

The international community needs to do everything they can to help these innocent people - it is an absolute crime if we allow these people to die. To be frank, I would not want to face God on Judgement Day knowing I had not done anything to help these innocent people. As an American I feel complete and utter shame that my US tax dollars helped pay for the destruction of human life. I resolved to take my shame and write my thoughts and feelings for the world to see what we need to do to help the Palestinians. It is our duty, our responsibility to do everything we can to help these people.

Quite frankly, I do not know how world political leadership and western media carry on as if they do not know what is happening to the Palestinians, as if they have the right to determine whose lives have more value than others. How is the genocide of an entire people going to bring security to the world?

Pengon has also reported the following:

"The public health and safety and environmental hazards stemming from the damage caused to infrastructure as a result of this military operation include:

* water shortages
* contamination of any remaining drinking water
* uncontrolled discharge and flow of untreated sewage in the streets, resulting in groundwater pollution
* pollution of agricultural land which Gazans will be unable to cultivate to harvest crops, impacting negatively on their earning power
* damage to marine life as untreated wastewater flows into the sea
* migration of fish to other parts of the coast, resulting in a reduction in the number of fish caught and, concomitantly, money earned by Gazan fishermen
* direct exposure to untreated wastewater in open systems
* indirect human health risks due to the consumption of polluted crops and fish
* an increase in water borne acute and infectious diseases as a result of additional viruses, bacteria and protozoa in the water. These are likely to cause serious illnesses ranging from gastroenteritis and cholera to liver failure and death."

Everyone should organize and act to help these people suffering under such brutal oppression, whose lives are at stake, whose lives are on the line right now. We cannot stand by silently and watch people die. Stand up for what is right, stand up for what is the right thing to do, regardless of political beliefs everyone needs to act and speak out against this genocide.

We cannot look the other way, we cannot turn our backs and look the other way because if we do we are turning against ourselves.

The Palestinians need us just as much as we need them to help us save our humanity.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nablus
07-05-2006, 06:47 PM
The facts are clear as day and night: 860,000 people in Gaza are without electricity and water (PENGON July 3, 2006) as a result of Israel's "Operation Summer Rain" in Gaza that began last week
the international community is deaf and blind towards what is happening in Pallestine

Hasbuna Allah Wanema Al- Wakeel

HeiGou
07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
the international community is deaf and blind towards what is happening in Pallestine
Could we have a source for the original story?

The international community is not deaf and blind. They won't let anyone die. But they will probably not care too much if the Palestinians suffer. Why should they? Seriously, can you think of a convincing reason now to give money to the Palestinians and not, say, the victims of the Earthquake in Pakistan? A lot of Palestinians hate the West. A lot of them voted for a government that really hates the West. Why should the West give them a cent? Lenin said that the Capitalists would sell the Communists the rope with which to hang them (the Capitalists that is). At least they would have got a good price. It is a bit much to expect them to *give* the rope.

Ghazi
07-05-2006, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Could we have a source for the original story?

The international community is not deaf and blind. They won't let anyone die. But they will probably not care too much if the Palestinians suffer. Why should they? Seriously, can you think of a convincing reason now to give money to the Palestinians and not, say, the victims of the Earthquake in Pakistan? A lot of Palestinians hate the West. A lot of them voted for a government that really hates the West. Why should the West give them a cent? Lenin said that the Capitalists would sell the Communists the rope with which to hang them (the Capitalists that is). At least they would have got a good price. It is a bit much to expect them to *give* the rope.
:sl:

Either re-build schools get their land back or stop getting involved in their politcs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HeiGou
07-05-2006, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Either re-build schools get their land back or stop getting involved in their politcs.
That does not answer a single one of my questions or deal with any of my points.

No doubt the West will end up paying for their schools to be rebuilt. George Bush talked about getting some of their land back. The problem is that their politics affects our lives. You know, suicide bombings, plane hijackings and that sort of thing.

There is another solution of course. Gaza is surrounded by a fence. Make it higher.

searchingsoul
07-07-2006, 08:38 AM
I agree with HeiGou. If Palestinians hate the West, why should they help them in their time of need? It seems like a no brainer to me.

Nablus
07-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Quite frankly, I do not know how world political leadership and western media carry on as if they do not know what is happening to the Palestinians
where are the human rights?!!!!!!!

HeiGou
07-07-2006, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
where are the human rights?!!!!!!!
Anyone can play that game. Where were Leon Klinghoffer's human rights?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Klinghoffer

We can go back through atrocity after atrocity on both sides until Adam's time. It won't get us anywhere. The question is where to go from here. And I don't see why my tax dollars ought to go to people who want to kill me. You all voted for Hamas in reasonable numbers. What did you expect? Gratitude? Muslim radicals are trying to kill me. They are trying to kill people like me in Denmark and it seems in Canada - neither country having anything to do with Iraq or Afghanistan or oppression of Muslims in any way shape or form. What do you expect - we should pay to be killed? If you want to play with others, you need a set of rules all can agree on. The Palestinians have decided to play by some very rough rules indeed. And the West has picked up its bat and ball and gone home. Tough.

Sis786
07-07-2006, 01:09 PM
A lot of Palestinians hate the West. A lot of them voted for a government that really hates the West. Why should the West give them a cent?
WHAT :rollseyes I cant believe this.

You mean those young kids that die everyday in Palestine are the reason for thier parents not voting for a political party that does nothing and acts like a pupper for the West.

Why should the Paletine people "LOVE" the West why dont you ask why they hate the west. I mean the West helps in thier opression BUT NO Heigou the mother of the child that just been shot should stand and declare her love for the west! DONT MAKE ME LAUGH!

Maybe by DOING something we might put back some trust and love in the Palestinans that we lost through our ignorance!

Geronimo
07-07-2006, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786

You mean those young kids that die everyday in Palestine are the reason for thier parents not voting for a political party that does nothing and acts like a pupper for the West.

Why should the Paletine people "LOVE" the West why dont you ask why they hate the west. I mean the West helps in thier opression BUT NO Heigou the mother of the child that just been shot should stand and declare her love for the west! DONT MAKE ME LAUGH!

Maybe by DOING something we might put back some trust and love in the Palestinans that we lost through our ignorance!
If it wasn't for the West the Pals would be eating dirt. What is their yearly GDP?

HeiGou
07-07-2006, 01:43 PM

I assume those children are the reason. But what has that got to do with anything? I understand why the Palestinians voted for Hamas. I would have too if I were Palestinian. But I am not. I am a kafir.

I do not expect them to love the West. I do not care why they hate the West to be honest. It is enough that they do. Why they did what they did is irrelevant. What matters is where we go from here. The world is full of suffering and a lot of people need aid. I suggest that Hamas ought to be at the bottom of the West's priorities. Why should we give them a cent?

We have given aid for generations to the Palestinians. They could not survive without Western money. They go to schools built with Western money, study under teachers paid by Western money, watch TV on channels subsidised by Western money, work for the PA and get paid with Western money, eat dinners provided by Western money and live in houses built with Western money. It has not produced love, it has produced Hamas.

Time to try something else.

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 01:46 PM
A lot of Palestinians hate the West. A lot of them voted for a government that really hates the West.
how can you blame them? after all US supports israel which is giving hell to the poor Pals...
(long time no see Heigou)

HeiGou
07-07-2006, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marya1
how can you blame them? after all US supports israel which is giving hell to the poor Pals...
Except they have voted for an anti-kafir party, not just an anti-American one.

I don't blame them. But the middle ground is disappearing. The areas in which we could co-operate are going. I have begged you all not to destroy that, but it is too late. There are two camps - the West and the radicals. At some point everyone will have to choose which they support. The Palestinians have chosen the radicals. I suggest building a big wall around them and leaving them to it.

Sis786
07-07-2006, 02:27 PM
I understand why the Palestinians voted for Hamas.
Yes because they were sick of a Goverment that has NOT done much for them in years!

I am a kafir.
Is this a statement!

The world is full of suffering and a lot of people need aid. I suggest that Hamas ought to be at the bottom of the West's priorities. Why should we give them a cent?
You giving the people not Hamas!

We have given aid for generations to the Palestinians. They could not survive without Western money. They go to schools built with Western money, study under teachers paid by Western money, watch TV on channels subsidised by Western money, work for the PA and get paid with Western money, eat dinners provided by Western money and live in houses built with Western money. It has not produced love, it has produced Hamas.
Im western and i dont mind my tax going to people in need not like Tony and George pay out thier own pocket! SO No love for those 2 twats!

As for the INNOCENT yes INNOCENT people of Palestine THEY dotn ask for war and all this blood shed they want peace the WEST aint helping them instead FUNDING Israel,

If your son died at the hands of Israel and YOU knew that the WEST were funding this and not helping would you really LOVE them or RESPECT THEM NO!. We aint doing no favours to the Palestianins WE meaning the WEST have put them in that situation most we can do is ease thier suffering By AID!

Sis786
07-07-2006, 02:28 PM
. I suggest building a big wall around them and leaving them to it.
:heated: Sick!

Sis786
07-07-2006, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Geronimo
If it wasn't for the West the Pals would be eating dirt. What is their yearly GDP?
Most of them living under the dirt thanks to great and helpful WEST!

HeiGou
07-07-2006, 02:46 PM
:heated: Sick!
Why? They don't want us interfering in their lives. We don't want them blowing us up. Walls work. Israel's with Gaza works like a dream.

I think this is an ideal solution. Muslims can do what they like on their side of the Wall. We can do what we like on our side. Good fences make for good neighbours as Roosevelt once said.

Sis786
07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
They don't want us interfering in their lives
us?:offended:

We don't want them blowing us up
Aint it the other way round!

Israel's with Gaza works like a dream
;D this icon summs it up!

Muslims can do what they like on their side of the Wall
If only!!:wub:

HeiGou
07-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Yes because they were sick of a Goverment that has NOT done much for them in years!
And corruption. And Hamas got Israel out of Gaza. I understand. I just don't think it is important.

You giving the people not Hamas!
There are lots of hungry people in the world. Why give to those who vote for Hamas?

Im western and i dont mind my tax going to people in need not like Tony and George pay out thier own pocket! SO No love for those 2 twats!
By all means. Lobby for it.

As for the INNOCENT yes INNOCENT people of Palestine THEY dotn ask for war and all this blood shed they want peace the WEST aint helping them instead FUNDING Israel,
The West has helped. The West has been changing, slowly but it has been changing. The Oslo accords were the work of the West. Israel only talked to the PLO because the West made them. Now all that is gone. The West won't help any more and why should they? When the Palestinians elect Hamas they *are* asking for war. What else does Hamas offer?

If your son died at the hands of Israel and YOU knew that the WEST were funding this and not helping would you really LOVE them or RESPECT THEM NO!. We aint doing no favours to the Palestianins WE meaning the WEST have put them in that situation most we can do is ease thier suffering By AID!
I agree with the first bit. I don't think that the Palestinians actions are illogical. It is just that I don't care. I care about not dying, not having my throat cut, not being blown up. If the Palestinians wish to support Hamas they are more than welcome to, but I want a big fence between them and me.

Geronimo
07-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Most of them living under the dirt thanks to great and helpful WEST!
Funny whenever I see them marching I always see houses.

Sis786
07-07-2006, 03:03 PM
but I want a big fence between them and me.
You from Israel?:?

HeiGou
07-07-2006, 03:06 PM
They don't want us interfering in their lives
us?
Us kafirs. Or us Westerners sometimes.

We don't want them blowing us up
Aint it the other way round!
No it isn't.

Israel's with Gaza works like a dream
this icon summs it up!
And yet there have been few suicide bombings from Israel. Some rocket attacks, but little else.

Muslims can do what they like on their side of the Wall
If only!!
Hey, it's a win-win policy.

HeiGou
07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
but I want a big fence between them and me.
You from Israel?:?
No. Thailand is building a Wall. So is India. Spain has one. I want a few more.

Sis786
07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Us kafirs. Or us Westerners sometimes..
So would that make me a "Us"

And yet there have been few suicide bombings from Israel. .
Yeah if Pals had rockets, bombs, tanks, planes im sure they wouldnt strap a bomb to themselves!

Some rocket attacks, but little else..
LOL i like the way you said that! "Little else" there rockets WIPE out people but "Little else"

Hey, it's a win-win policy.
We can only hope and pray!

Sis786
07-07-2006, 03:11 PM
No. Thailand is building a Wall. So is India. Spain has one. I want a few more.
Ok you a builder?

searchingsoul
07-07-2006, 04:51 PM

I see helping the Palestinians as a no win situation. Government aid doesn't seem appropriate since the USA is accused of wrongly supporting Israel. That leaves us to humanitarian aid provided by Western missionaries. Of course this type of aid is highly controversial in itself. It is probably best to step away from the situation and ignore the problems.

searcheroftruth
07-07-2006, 05:55 PM
why would the international community help palestine when theres how many muslim nation by palestine come on wake brothers

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.