/* */

PDA

View Full Version : SPINELESS - Mainly talking about myself

IbnAbdulHakim
07-05-2006, 07:24 PM
:salamext:

After watching an Ahmed Deedat video i cant stop feeling like im just a waste and a half!

We are capable of changing a whole nation, Islam has been completed by Rasullulah saws, through one man, Abu Dharr al-ghifari a TWO WHOLE tribes accepted islam. THROUGH ONE MAN!
Why does it feel like no-one does enough in propagating the message?

[PIE]
That was because there came to them messengers with Clear Signs, but they said: "Shall (mere) human beings direct us?" So they rejected (the Message) and turned away. But Allah can do without (them): and Allah is free of all needs, worthy of all praise.
[/PIE]

This makes it too clear that Allah does not need us, his religion will prevail with his will and his will alone. But only will we get benefit from helping, we should see it as an honour to give dawa as much as we can! YET IT SEEMS LIKE WE ARE AFRAID SOMEWHAT TO GIVE DAWA? Why is this?

Im not even gonna lie, at work i see so much sin and i only express a tiny bit of my disgust towards it, IS THIS THE HEIGHT OF MY IMAAN?

A famous hadith:

[PIE]SAHIH MUSLIM

Book 001, Number 0079:
It is narrated on the authority of Tariq b. Shihab: It was Marwan who initiated (the practice) of delivering khutbah (address) before the prayer on the 'Id day. A man stood up and said: Prayer should precede khutbah. He (Marwan) remarked, This (practice) has been done away with. Upon this Abu Sa'id remarked: This man has performed (his duty) laid on him. I heard the Messenger of Allah as saying: He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do it, then he should do it with his tongue, and if he has not strength enough to do it, (even) then he should (abhor it) from his heart, and that is the least of faith.
[/PIE]

How many of us do this? In all honesty? Seriously? Whats wrong with us that we cant get ourselves to change what we see with our tongues or hand, the majority would just feel the disgust in our hearts. InshaAllah please brothers and sisters for the good of this Ummah lets try act as though only Allah see's us, who cares if the world mocks and jeers! Tomorrow i will act upon what i say here inshaAllah, at work i will act out with my tongue at least if not with my hand!

Oh and Amirs are no acception!
[PIE]
SAHIH MUSLIM

Book 020, Number 4569:
It has been narrated on the authority of Umm Salama that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: In the near future there will be Amirs and you will like their good deeds and dislike their bad deeds. One who sees through their bad deeds (and tries to prevent their repetition by his band or through his speech), is absolved from blame, but one who hates their bad deeds (in the heart of his heart, being unable to prevent their recurrence by his hand or his tongue), is (also) fafe ( so far as God's wrath is concerned). But one who approves of their bad deeds and imitates them is spiritually ruined. People asked (the Holy Prophet): Shouldn't we fight against them? He replied: No, as long as they say their prayers.[/PIE]

Our nation has become so westernized and used to the constant sinning that we seem to have stopped acting out towards it. From now on even if i see my boss drinking or smoking i will inshaAllah at least say:

"You are only damaging yourself and those around you, dont you see no good comes out of what you do?"

Lets all try to act on this inshaAllah.

PS: Im sry if this offends anyone, i just really felt as though i had to let it out!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-05-2006, 07:37 PM
:sl:

Brother the feeling your not doing enough is a sign of good iman we can all improve our iman, I understand where your comming from, I often travel by bus and it goes through the city centre when there I look out the windows as far as my eyes can see I see non-muslims this shows that were lucky to be muslims but were far from perfect in giving dawa and we should all at least try and give dawa as much as possable.

Anonymous.92
07-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah Ahmed Deedat videos makes you feel that way. Brother, which video did you watch? Also great article Mashallah

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 09:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous.92
Yeah Ahmed Deedat videos makes you feel that way. Brother, which video did you watch? Also great article Mashallah
"Muhammad SAWS in the bible part 2", subhanAllah, its too true sis! Why cant we jus nicely tell people wats right and wrong? Why are we so afraid of being shunned by people? Should we not be more scared of being shunned by Allah? :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Why are we so afraid of being shunned by people?
Its what society and the environment around us had made us feel nowadays. Astagfirullah. :(

Should we not be more scared of being shunned by Allah?
Yeh!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Its what society and the environment around us had made us feel nowadays. Astagfirullah. :(
Forget the society and the people! Yesterday i kinda told myself, from now on i will not allow evil to run freely around me! SubhanAllah, i cant believe all this time i was just watchin everything without doing anything. I owe Ahmed deedat a lot, he truelly opened my eyes....

------
07-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Could u maybe like post a link of the video or something....I would like to watch it Insha'Allah..

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 09:28 AM
here ya go:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=ahmed+deedat

the part im talkin about is 18 minutes into the video, it got to me so much wallahi i felt like crying, i couldnt stop thinkin!!!

------
07-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Jazakallah Khair Akhee....! Insha'Allah will see it when I go home from college!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 05:57 PM
How many members have read this or checked out the ahmed deedat link?

Wallahi from the bottom of my heart i stress to the majority that we are idle, soo idle, soo ignorant of the sins around us.

We gotta step it up...

I mean this from the bottom of my heart wallahi...

------
07-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I've seen it....its proper hevi....he's a sik guy...Masha'Allah!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 06:24 PM
I've seen it....its proper hevi....he's a sik guy...Masha'Allah!
jazakAllah khair, i urge more people to watch it!!

minutes: 18-27

Wallahi its an eye opener!!

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm afraid if I watch it right now I might just burst out crying because I'm feeling very emotional after listening to some Qur'an and I am just not in the right time or place to be crying :'(

But it's true, this Ummah is in a sad state and desperately needs to start recollecting itself and standing up for Islaam.....May Allah help us all Ameen....

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
You speak the truth, akhee.
W'salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
I'm afraid if I watch it right now I might just burst out crying because I'm feeling very emotional after listening to some Qur'an and I am just not in the right time or place to be crying :'(

But it's true, this Ummah is in a sad state and desperately needs to start recollecting itself and standing up for Islaam.....May Allah help us all Ameen....
naa, its good to cry in public, then wen people ask why u crying? refer them to this ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 06:32 PM
BROTHERS WE GO TO MASJID ON A REGULAR, WE CAN EASILY GIVE DAWA!!!, please take this seriously...

------
07-06-2006, 07:06 PM
After watching that video akhee, wallahi i felt everything u said in the first post, no joke..!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 08:43 PM
After watching that video akhee, wallahi i felt everything u said in the first post, no joke..!
Alhamdullilah!

Please act upon what you feel inshaAllah.
From now on EVERY muslim that we see ye, inshaAllah lets try to encourage them as much as we can through our behaviour/actions etc, and lets talk aswell.... we dont do enough of that fi-sabillilah. I've already begun being more open about my religion at work *HOPE THEY DONT FIRE ME* and guess wat, my colleagues started callin me "MOSES", LOL WAT THE?

all i sed was, ye wat, that sounds like a beautiful name, ur sayin i got the ability to take on pharoah while u cant take on nothin wivout Allahs will ;D ;D

subhanAllah, i gotta act less jokey and more serious when it comes to religion wiv my colleagues....

Anonymous.92
07-07-2006, 04:07 AM
Lol @ Moses!!
I own most of Ahmed Deedat dvds. Muhammad in the bible is one of my favourites. Brother, you should watch the debate between Ahmed Deedat and Anis Shorrosh Is Jesus God. If you felt motivated with Muhammad in the bibe you seriously will enjoy this debate. An alim told me when you watch debates don't listen to the christian side. Just so you know...

------
07-07-2006, 07:44 AM
and guess wat, my colleagues started callin me "MOSES", LOL WAT THE?
LOLOLOL! Thats jokes! And plus thats hevi as well lol! But i cant preach THAT openly in my college otherwise i get in trouble from the teachers!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Lol @ Moses!!
I own most of Ahmed Deedat dvds. Muhammad in the bible is one of my favourites. Brother, you should watch the debate between Ahmed Deedat and Anis Shorrosh Is Jesus God. If you felt motivated with Muhammad in the bibe you seriously will enjoy this debate. An alim told me when you watch debates don't listen to the christian side. Just so you know...
I seen that one sis, trust me im a HUGE Ahmed Deedat fan, i love the passion of that brother :).

format_quote Originally Posted by Aali
But i cant preach THAT openly in my college otherwise i get in trouble from the teachers!!!
jus take it slow innit, seep it in, may Allah reward you inshaAllah :)

Anonymous.92
07-07-2006, 10:05 AM
^^^ Mashallah your a Ahmed Deedat fan just like me! Yeah I love him and his talks sooo bad. May Allah grant him Jannah Ameen. It is sad that he died.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Ameen thumma Ameen !

------
07-07-2006, 10:49 AM
He died :eek:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 12:14 PM
He died :eek:
Ahmed deedat was zakir naiks teacher, zakir naik himself anounced his death and asked everyone to pray for him. Thats why zakir is top but in my honest opinion, the way Ahmed Deedat got his point across was better Alhamdullilah :)

------
07-07-2006, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
Ahmed deedat was zakir naiks teacher, zakir naik himself anounced his death and asked everyone to pray for him. Thats why zakir is top but in my honest opinion, the way Ahmed Deedat got his point across was better Alhamdullilah :)

Woww!!!!!!!! I didnt know that!!! Thats propa hevi!!!!!

muslim_friend
07-07-2006, 04:15 PM
He was paralysed before he died.. but even at that time Allah gave him the strength to communicate with christian missionaries and do dawaah, all the while from his chair.. May Allah's mercy be upon him.

------
07-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Ameen!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Ameen Thumma Ameen!!!

OT:

I've given dawa to quite a lotta people at work through out the last few days, in all honesty can anyone else say anything similar? Please bro's sisters i encourage you, give dawa to everyone, even to an extremely practising muslim just encourage him to be better! Trust me it helps!!!!

:)

Anonymous.92
07-08-2006, 02:58 AM
In high school a few years ago I gave dawa to some of my teachers. They treated me like a freak and they seemed like they couldn't wait to get rid of me. Wasn't very successful...

muslim_friend
07-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Rejection is part of dawaah.. The Prophet was stoned for saying 'La Ilaaha Illallah'..

Most of us are cowards i believe, we are just too scared as to how people will react... yep, and that includes me.

------
07-08-2006, 10:42 AM
How you giving Dawah akhee.....what kind of things are you saying bro abd majid + others?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 11:09 AM
In high school a few years ago I gave dawa to some of my teachers. They treated me like a freak and they seemed like they couldn't wait to get rid of me. Wasn't very successful...
jazakALlah khair wa barakAllah feek. Dont wry i kno da feelin, i was like a blabber mouth bak in secondary, i use to start on anyone swearing/smoking/littering/actin like a "gangsta" etc lol. kinda explains all the fights :?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 11:11 AM
How you giving Dawah akhee.....what kind of things are you saying bro abd majid + others?
friday i kept sayin how i gotta go jummah and how beautiful it is and den i seeped in the teachings of islam and trust me, it got ATTENTION!! :p

I been preachin to ma mates at work about good conduct and the beauty of islam when it comes to moral (like you shouldnt b exposin/swearin etc),

new work experience kid thot i was too friendly 4 sum reason so i started explainin islam teaches it etc lol.

but now they wont stop callin me moses :heated: i aint worthy of that name!!!

cihad
07-08-2006, 12:59 PM
when i met him I didn't know all that he did
but jus recently i went and got the books he wrote and stuff.
and when i read them its like how can you not believe?

it was real great i saw the mosque and IPCI and everything!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_friend
Rejection is part of dawaah.. The Prophet was stoned for saying 'La Ilaaha Illallah'..

Most of us are cowards i believe, we are just too scared as to how people will react... yep, and that includes me.
subhanAllah, i think it was last week i saw a boy at da bak o da bus talk like sum disgusting animal and what did i do? Just sat :heated:

next time inshaAllah i will talk bak, if i get beaten up then inshaAllah :)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
when i met him I didn't know all that he did
but jus recently i went and got the books he wrote and stuff.
and when i read them its like how can you not believe?

it was real great i saw the mosque and IPCI and everything!
mashAllah sis, if u respect him that much then inshaAllah lets take his great advice and start speaking out against the evil we see inshaAllah!!!

TAWWAQUL!!!

seek.learn
07-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Salaam o alaikum,

JazakAllah u khairun brother, for sharing the video. It was my first Ahmed Deedat video, and MashaAllah he was a blessed speaker. And so true are his words. "Spineless" and suffering from a nasty bout of "inferiority complex".

May Allah(SWT) forgive us and guide our ummah. Aameen.

"O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter."

"If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people, and you cannot harm Him at all, and Allah is Able to do all things."
[9:38,39]

I know this ayat is in relation to those who were hesitant in joining in Jihad at the campaign of Tabuk. But I feel it applies to us as well. We fail at just following the truth and speaking the truth.

Spineless.

WAllahu Alim.

May Allah forgive me if Iam in error and guide me.
May Allah(SWT) forgive me and us all and guide us! Aameen.

JazakAllah again.

Alaikum Salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seek.learn
May Allah(SWT) forgive us and guide our ummah. Aameen.
AMEEN THUMMA AMEEN!!!

"O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter."

Sis jazakAllah khair wa barakAllah feekum that was an inspiration and a half wallahi!! its so true... wat is wrong wiv us.. let us find out and destroy it inshaAllah!

"If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people, and you cannot harm Him at all, and Allah is Able to do all things."
[9:38,39]
replaced... jus like the jinn was... PEOPLE WE NEED TO ACT UP!!!!

I know this ayat is in relation to those who were hesitant in joining in Jihad at the campaign of Tabuk. But I feel it applies to us as well. We fail at just following the truth and speaking the truth.

Spineless.

WAllahu Alim.
mashAllah, i didnt realise this, jazakAllah khair learned sister :)

May Allah forgive me if Iam in error and guide me.
May Allah(SWT) forgive me and us all and guide us! Aameen.

JazakAllah again.

Alaikum Salaam
Ameen thumma Ameen, wa barakAllah feekum,

:wasalamex

muslim_friend
07-08-2006, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seek.learn
[I]"O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter."
WAllahu Alim.
Yeah, i think it can also apply to dawaah. I think we should also learn the correct way to do it. Are there any rules for dawah?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_friend
Yeah, i think it can also apply to dawaah. I think we should also learn the correct way to do it. Are there any rules for dawah?
just verify what you learn, give dawa in the most beautiful way you can think of, speech etc, and make sure you dont ever lie oh and have plenty of sabr inshaAllah! You'll need it when they start gettin violent, it would be an honour to take pain for the sake of islam.

Remember the sahabi which was ordered to get thrown into a boiling pot of oil by a king so he began to weep, when summoned to the king and asked why he cries, he expressed he wishes he can die in such a way over and over again for Allah!!! SUBHANALLAH.

WHAT IS WRONG WIV US!!! :grumbling

muslim_friend
07-08-2006, 04:31 PM
You are totally right in what you mean! And i agree with you.. Our hearts are hard.. We need to soften it, and fear none but Allah.

One more important thing is that, we should also become better muslims ourselves before doing dawah to others.. Let's say if X tells Y.. "Do not smoke! Allah may punish you", yet if X himself is a chain smoker, he's in big time trouble.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in giving dawah, but we should make sure we practice before we preach anything. And most importantly... Intentions..

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 04:44 PM
^ mashAllah bro, tried givin reps but i been too generous :rant:

JazakAllah khair wa barakAllah feek :)

seek.learn
07-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Salaam o alaikum,

Well, to have detailed knowledge of our own deen would be a start.

And first and foremost:

"And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harshhearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allahs) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)." [3:159]

Iam not at all knowledgable brother. The Qur'an has all the answers. Do we really ever turn to it?

WAllahu Alim

May Allah(SWT) forgive us and guide us all. Aameen.

Alaikum Salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Ameen thumma Ameen!

Your too right sister, my goal is to learn the meaning of the quran and memorise it so that when a kuffar asks me a question i can say an Ayyat.
I heard surah Maryam wiv translation is likely to make every christian cry and contemplate, so i wanna use that at work :)

Anonymous.92
07-09-2006, 06:34 AM
If you want to memorise the Quran you better start now. As you get older it is harder to remember things. I read that Allah makes it easy for the believers to memorise the Quran. Brother an excellent way to memorise the Quran is to buy some Quran cd's and listen to them in the car and stuff. For me it is the most effective way of memorising.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2006, 12:13 PM
If you want to memorise the Quran you better start now. As you get older it is harder to remember things. I read that Allah makes it easy for the believers to memorise the Quran. Brother an excellent way to memorise the Quran is to buy some Quran cd's and listen to them in the car and stuff. For me it is the most effective way of memorising.
jazakALlah khair sister, ive been doing this for a few months now and Alhamdullilah ive almost finished the juz-amma, Alhamdullilah :).

next yaseen, ar-rahman, surah Kahaf :D

May Allah giv us all the thawfiq to do this!!! AMEEN!!!

OT: People please state the type of dawa you've been giving inshaAllah, some stories would help boost moral :)

Helena
07-09-2006, 05:52 PM
very interesting thread..mashalah....

yeah i agree wid u...... i can still remember in secondary schools.....funny/weird story....

Ya Allah...wid my close friend simlpy was talking about islam, judgement day and death.....darn guess wot was her reply......ARE U TRYING TO CONVERT ME? from then i spoke carefully towards my fellow sisters, never know how they'll react towards me.... but then the time came to rite on slam books(end of year thing)...i got my chance..alhamdulilah wrote many things regarding islam....am a person who cannot approach someone directly, but writtenly i can reflect on many things.....

Anas Bin Malik narrated:

When the prophet(saw) instructed, "Help your(muslim) brother when he commits a wrong and when he is committed against him," someone asked "O messenger of Allah, I understand how i can him if a wrong is committed against him, but how can i help him if he is himself committing a wrong?" At that, the prophet(saw) answered, "stopping him from committing the wrong is helping him."

Unity of muslim ummah..... ARE WE HELPING OUR UMMAH LEAVING THEM GO ASTRAY?

Aby dharr narrated that the Prophet(saw) said:
Whoever departs from the united body(of the muslim ummah) even a hands lengh-has indeed removed the rope of islam from his neck.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2006, 06:21 PM
^ SUBHANALLAH!!!!

JazakALlah khair 4 ur input, subhanAllah....
now u got me into deep thinking again...

Anonymous.92
07-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Once I always gave dawa to one of my friends. She was mildly interested but then we had a serious argument and now whenever I bring religion up she tunes out. It is too bad whenever I talk about Islam with anyone they believe all the stupid negative stereotypes of muslims. It is soo frustrating. They always have to believe what the media says without casting a doubt.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 09:10 AM
^ ye sis thats how most of the people round my work are, but im slowly getting through, have sabr, lets never stop the dawa inshaAllah. And remember, dont hide your identity,

Act like a muslim in everyway, in front of your colleagues say inshaAllah, say Alhamdullilah, Tell them when you have to go prayer etc, this is what i do, it gets them to ask you questions inshaAllah :)

Helena
07-10-2006, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
^ SUBHANALLAH!!!!

JazakALlah khair 4 ur input, subhanAllah....
now u got me into deep thinking again...
lol...got u thinking again.....wasnt my plan..oh well

another hadith states that:

Mu'adh bin jabal reported that the prophet(saw) said:

Surely satan is like a wolf to man. Just as the wolf attacks the sheep that strays away from the flock, wanders and goes to a corner,satan attacks the person who separateshimself from the (muslim) community. So avoid the various sects and stick to the united body and the majority...

As a muslim we have a duty to fulifill against our sisters/brothers in islam thru dawah inshalah...
In uni, somehow and someway i bring the subject about islam, and def about hajj(as i've been there..alhamdulilah) that appears interesting towards my friends, alhamdulilah during lunch time we pray together....

Islam is in my heart and carry that in my heart where ever i go....

------
07-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Anyone got ideas of how to giv dawah? Plz share - in need of it! - Jazakallah!

x Maz x
07-10-2006, 02:31 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope this reaches ya’ll in the highest state of health and iman inshAllah,

Well just reading through this thread and glancing over the opinions of the users wallahi does make you think, SubhanAllah the disunity in our community wow I cant even emphasise what a rut of a Ummah we are in, May Allah make the trials easy for us and give us tawfeeq to deal with such hardships that overcome us and enable us to change the state we are in Ameen, The hadith you stated Abd’Majid in your first post about the companion who reverted several men, Yano it makes you cry why the beings of this Earth have this sort of fear in giving dawah, I am personally telling my own viewpoint, As I have stated in other posts I didn’t take any interest in seeking ilm about Islam and coming closer to deen, I was brainwashed by this sick western thinking that you should just live life on the edge and with shaytan at begging you night and day to disobey Allah its hard coming to terms with the reality.
Afraid to give dawah? Me personally feel at times when confronted by atheists/agnostics I don’t have enough knowledge myself to be waffling on, However I do try my best when confronted by peeps asking me, I can honestly say I do but that’s not a matter of not doing it, it’s a matter of having the ability to do so. On occasions as I said I don’t feel I have enough ilm myself to be shouting my mouth off, I gotta fix up myself otherwise all I say will sound hypocritical.

Im not even gonna lie, at work i see so much sin and i only express a tiny bit of my disgust towards it, IS THIS THE HEIGHT OF MY IMAAN?
Yano glory be to Allah who made you acknowledge this, Listen iman comes in different levels, don’t give yourself a hard time, subhanAllah quite rightly we are not as pure as the Sahabah etc but if you really struggle and try to do everything fi sabilillah then MashAllah and as for your sins akhi, Allah decreed his mercy overcomes His anger and yano just do the best you can on this dunya and seek His forgiveness, the first step to giving dawah is checking you’re implementing it yourself!...This is surely Allah testing your patience and iman, akhi do your best to give dawah to them, do your utmost best, try try try and try again, do du’aa then and only then do you leave it to Allah [SWT]…the people of this worl can only be helped to the extent Allah has decreed…InshAllah He guides them to the True path! Ameen thumma Ameen

In all honesty I know for defo I am not fulfilling my duties as a muslimah and aint helping the ummah but quite rightly I aint a knoweldgable gyal myself and I need to attain dawah myself, I’m a sinner in this dunya as are we all but I know Imma let down, and I don’t compare to some gyals I know mashAllah @ them, but wallahi I think I am however on the right path as I have taken this into account and inshAllah do du’aa for me that I fix maslf up…before its too late …

InshAllah my last advise would be to practice what you preach

Uzkurni fi du’aa ikum wal muslimeena wal muslimaat

MashAllah all you brothers and sisters who have highlighted this issue, May Allah reward you!...

Wa’AlaykumAsalaam fi amanAllah x

Anonymous.92
07-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Mashallah nice advice Abd Majid, Helena and x Maz x.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Nuh AS spent 950 years giving dawa day in day out. He tried different methods, he tried it publicly, he tried it secretly, he tried it in EVERY way he could think of. The people mocked him, beat him, abused him, jeered at him, insulted him yet for 950 years he constantly went on giving dawa.

How many of us can do this for even 1 week.

Its about time we took some beats and abuse fi-sabillilah!!!

------
07-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Nuh AS spent 950 years giving dawa day in day out.
You are kidding me.

The people mocked him, beat him, abused him, jeered at him, insulted him yet for 950 years he constantly went on giving dawa.
:omg:

How many of us can do this for even 1 week.
:X

Its about time we took some beats and abuse fi-sabillilah!!!
Yeh man!

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 03:40 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

that's true Allaahu musta3aan!!...:heated:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 03:41 PM
i think i should mention that after the 950 years he did make dua for every evil man to be drowned, this included his own son(dont get me wrong, he pleaded his son, tried his best, but his son was just ignorant). MAKE SACRIFICES WHEN YOU MAKE DAWA!!! nothin comes easy..

Anonymous.92
07-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Brother Abd Majid I noticed your sig and it contains Ya Rasoolullah. Just so you know saying Ya to anyone who is not present or alive is haram and may constitute to shirk.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2006, 10:40 AM
^ whoah that scared me, i changed it sis but can you please explain just what Ya implies.

JazakAllah khair :)

------
07-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Hmm I've not heard that b4, care to expand anonymous 92?

seek.learn
07-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Salaam o alaikum,

AllahuAlim.

I know the question related to the 'Ya' is asked of anonymous.92, I hope she wont mind if I step in to answer. You say 'Ya' when you are directly addressing someone. For example, "Ya Allah". Literal translation is "OH Allah". The meaning is Iam directly calling upon Allah. In arabic when you call someone you say 'ya'. Like, 'Ya Akhi'='Oh brother'. 'Ya Ukhti'='Oh sister'. It is used always when you are directly addressing someone.

Now, since we believe that only Allah(SWT) is ever hearing, we can only use 'Ya' for Him. Since we also believe (atleast a faction of us) that the Prophet (SAWS) cannot hear us and is not ever present and hearing, to say 'Ya Muhammad (SAWS)' implies calling upon him directly. This is then wrong because, as said, only Allah(SWT) is all hearing and upon whom we can call on directly.

Just so you know, there is a group of muslims who use an ayat in the Quran to prove that prophet Muhammad (SAWS) is present and can here us today. If you will, research into it, and may Allah(SWT) guide us all. Aameen.

I hope it is clear.

WAllahu Alim.

May Allah(SWT) forgive me and us all and guide us. Aameen.

Alaikum Salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2006, 03:56 PM
jazakAllah khair, makes sence Astagfirullah i'll be more careful inshaAllah!

wa barakAllah feekum sis!!!

seek.learn
07-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Salaam o alaikum,

AllahuAlim.

Hope, InshaAllah, someone more knowledgable and able can answer.

WAllahu Alim.

Alaikum Salaam.

EDIT: Wa Iyyakum brother.

EDIT again: I hope someone more knowledgable can answer this because I just realized that the brothers sig is sending salaam on the Prophet(SAWS). We say this in our salaat as well. So Iam not a 100% sure anymore if it is wrong in this particular case. Sorry for any confusion brother Abd'Majid and sis Aalimah.

ask an imam
This would be great.

Anonymous.92
07-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Belleve me I am 100% certain. I have asked an alim this.

P.S. I couldn't have put it better myself seek.learn

amirah_87
07-14-2006, 11:48 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Sis!!....do you have proof for that?? :?

Anonymous.92
07-14-2006, 11:51 PM
The alim didn't give me proof. But he is extremely knowledgeable. You can only use Ya if the person is present or alive. Muhammad pbuh is only human. He is neither present nor alive.

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 06:47 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

The alim didn't give me proof.
hmmmmm....:?:?

could you give me this Aalim's name ukhti or where ever it was you got this information from:?:?

BarakAllahu feek Sis:peace:

------
07-20-2006, 06:50 PM
edit - sorry :hiding:

Somalina
07-20-2006, 07:05 PM
~salaam~

Yes,We Should do dacwa wherever ,whenever,
Most people think Dacwa is picking up a Mic n Lecturing to ppl
We Shold practice Islam to the best of our abilities,ppl will be attracted to Islam then,,,

Like,one tyme my tutor told me, i had to come the next day no matter wat,I told her i'll come INSHALLAH,At first she was uncormfortable,i translated it to her,I CAN COME ONLY IF GOD WILLS,meaning i have no power watsoever,it wasn't upto me,

I also love the leaflets of harun yahya,wAMY Mashallah,it occured to me more that once to give it to non muslims,but something holds me back,first i think they'll tear it apart,n they contain Quranic verses,

WE HAVE A DUTY TO FULFILL MAY ALLAH HELP US:cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 07:28 PM
^ Ameen !

I feel a bit dodgy about harun yahya, why must he always put music in his DVD's :( .

Also i understand about the ripping quranic ayyat, but didnt the prophet saws send out letters to kings with "Laa illaha illala wa muhammadur rasullulah" written on it?

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 07:29 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

na3am akhee..also with the "Basamalah" on it aswell :peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

na3am akhee..also with the "Basamalah" on it aswell :peace:
then we should put our trust in Allah and not fear doing the same as the perfect role model had done. Recently i thought of distributing CD's with beautiful recitation and talks to non-muslims.InshaAllah more people should try doing this...

------
07-21-2006, 08:21 AM
OK hold on....when u say Dawah..does that mean preaching to non-muslims or giving information about Islam to Muslims? I'm confused :S

Anonymous.92
07-21-2006, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

hmmmmm....:?:?

could you give me this Aalim's name ukhti or where ever it was you got this information from:?:?

BarakAllahu feek Sis:peace:

Errmmm I don't think you will know him as he he is not famous and doesn't want to be.
But if you are doubtful remember what Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani said that when you are in doubt regarding a matter in Islam just don't do it.
Sorry.. Not exact phrase...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2006, 12:21 PM
OK hold on....when u say Dawah..does that mean preaching to non-muslims or giving information about Islam to Muslims? I'm confused :S
both,

dawa - trying to encourage islam (submitting to Allah) to people "I THINK" :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.