/* */

PDA

View Full Version : World Cup- The Ummah Team?

Ghazi
07-06-2006, 10:24 PM
:sl:

I had this brillent idea since Nationalism is Haraam why don't the muslim teams get togther and pick players from muslim countries and call them selfs 'Ummah' it'll be cool cause everyone is representing the ummah no country, also it'll be good for dawa and uniting the ummah on a small scale but inshallah people might learn a lesson from this if it plans out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
07-06-2006, 10:29 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

that's okay but.....what would they wear akhee thawbs:?:?

chacha_jalebi
07-06-2006, 10:30 PM
lol its a gud idea, but the team gota train u know, the muslim football countries r rubbish!! :p

IbnAbdulHakim
national anthem - surah Kafiroon :coolbro:

lol bro if only we knew a lotta extremely potent muslim players. I kinda suk, lol, but recently i been playing at least 3-4 times a week mashAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

that's okay but.....what would they wear akhee thawbs:?:?
of course sunnah all the way:

Requirements:

Beard
tuffi
loooong three quarter shorts :D

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 10:32 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

they'll just be stumbling around!!...with their thawbs..LOL!..that'll be a funny sight to see

chacha_jalebi
07-06-2006, 10:35 PM
lol can u imagine d commentary .....

"muhammad passes to muhammad, he passes to muhammad on the left wing:p, down to abdullah, abdullah to abdul, to muhammad and and he misses because he tripped ova his jubba" :p

naa its a heavy idea dow, 1 day inshallah we gona hav a nation wer all d ummah wil b 1!! ameen

A7med
07-07-2006, 05:43 AM
good idea........

here i will design the shirt........... and i can get them made too ;)........lol

muslim_friend
07-07-2006, 04:11 PM
^One nation Uder One GOD? :rollseyes

Ok, maybe you can also do something similiar for the "Ummah Cricket team" as well... not to mention, half the team will be dem pakis.. :X

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
national anthem - surah Kafiroon :coolbro:
Now that cracked me up!!! I almost fell off my chair. LOOOOOOL..

united
07-07-2006, 04:36 PM
y the negativity?
There are loads of muslim players
Zidane (retireing) but still one of the best
Saha
Ribery
Boulahrouz
Van Persie (yep)
Philippe Troussier (french world cup winning coach)
Omer "Freddie" Kanoute
Jaidi
Ibrahimovic
Thierry Henry
Ahmed "Mido" Hassam
Kolo Toure
Rami Shaaban
Youssef Safri
Anelka
Ali Karimi
And the list goes on...

muslim_friend
07-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Since when did Henry and saha beome muslims? i find it hard to believe. u got any source for that?

:thankyou:

------
07-07-2006, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
lol can u imagine d commentary .....

"muhammad passes to muhammad, he passes to muhammad on the left wing:p, down to abdullah, abdullah to abdul, to muhammad and and he misses because he tripped ova his jubba" :p
;D ;D ;D ;D

Umar001
07-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Yea i Heard about Henry too.

anyhow here I think they do inter-masjid football, so maybe I'll go one day.

I used to play for a team when I was younger but I cant really cos they wear shorts.

Would be interesting but I think money would be best spent else where?

Far7an
07-07-2006, 04:45 PM

Saha
Omer "Freddie" Kanoute
Jaidi
Thierry Henry
A source to confirm these people are Muslim, please.

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Yea i Heard about Henry too.

anyhow here I think they do inter-masjid football, so maybe I'll go one day.

I used to play for a team when I was younger but I cant really cos they wear shorts.

Would be interesting but I think money would be best spent else where?

Good Point but Sudia and Iran are commiting haraam with their nationalism so it'd be better if they joined forces and became the ummah and other muslim nations are also welcome.

united
07-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Muslim leaders are harnessing modern campaigning methods to promote their faith. Groups have sprung up on the Internet publishing "trophy lists" of white converts. The state-funded school in London established by Yusuf Islam, formerly the singer Cat Stevens, has turned to Premiership footballers to provide role models. Sources close to the school say converts including Nicolas Anelka, the Manchester City striker, and Omer "Freddie" Kanoute, of Tottenham Hotspur, have made visits.

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive...ang=E&id=57887

ill luk 4 the other sources

muslim_friend
07-07-2006, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
You can still play wearing a track suit, and it doesn't have to be like a juba either.. lol.

btw bro, what position were you playing as? :p

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't think they would allow it. The whole point of the world cup is to represent a country. And you'd have to overcome the problem with the uniform. It isn't too modest
W'salaam

bint_muhammed
07-07-2006, 07:33 PM
i supported engalnd, and i dont agree with people who claim its wrong! its the country i was born, brought up in, and i feel strongly about it, surely they cant be anything wrong with that! i nearly cried when they lost to portugal! ronaldo isnt in my good books!

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
I don't think they would allow it. The whole point of the world cup is to represent a country. And you'd have to overcome the problem with the uniform. It isn't too modest
W'salaam

We can always try.

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
i supported engalnd, and i dont agree with people who claim its wrong! its the country i was born, brought up in, and i feel strongly about it, surely they cant be anything wrong with that! i nearly cried when they lost to portugal! ronaldo isnt in my good books!

Wouldn't you rather support the ummah.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Sister this got me feelin really sad, your my sis in islam and islam is the only identity you need!

To understand why i say this look to this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ht=nationalism

[PIE]"O Muslims, remember Allah, remember Allah. Will you act as pagans while I
am present with you after Allah has guided you to Islam, and honored you
thereby and made a clean break with paganism; delivered you thereby from
disbelief; and made you friends thereby?"
[/pie]

[pie]
It is
narrated by Abu Da'wud that the Messenger of Allah (saaw) said,

"He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who
fights for `Asabiyyah or who dies for `Asabiyyah."[/pie]

[pie]
And in another Hadith, the Messenger of Allah (saaw) referring to
nationalism, racism, and patriotism said:

"Leave it, it is rotten." [Muslim and Bukhari][/pie]

[pie]and in the Hadith recorded in
Mishkat al-Masabith, the Messenger of Allah (saaw) said,

"He who calls for `Asabiyyah is as if he bit his father's genitals"
[/PIE]

I hope you dont take any offence inshaAllah. :salamext:

soulsociety
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM

Ok, is it really respectable to put such quotes of the Messenger of Allah inside Mr Egg's speech bubble?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulsociety

Ok, is it really respectable to put such quotes of the Messenger of Allah inside Mr Egg's speech bubble?
:salamext:

its only to make it stand out, its the speech bubble im really after inshaAllah.
I'll stop using it as of now because i understand what you mean, utmost respect to rasullulah saws !!!

:wasalamex

bint_muhammed
07-07-2006, 09:55 PM
no i know first and formost my identity is a muslim, however its very difficult to not identify yourself secondly as british because many of my ways are british, not ways islam reject. seriously supporting england wasnt making me any weaker in my imaan i think.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:07 PM
no i know first and formost my identity is a muslim, however its very difficult to not identify yourself secondly as british because many of my ways are british, not ways islam reject. seriously supporting england wasnt making me any weaker in my imaan i think.
supporting is like "calling for", make it stand out that your only identity is islam. No first and foremost business, "ONLY" identity is islam inshaAllah.

"Leave it, it is rotten." [Muslim and Bukhari]

this is the reason world cup gets me quite vexxed... all these flags... my muslim brothers whats happening to you :(

united
07-07-2006, 10:15 PM
i dont go for all the flag waving rubbish, but whats wrong with watching some quality football and enjoying it?
isnt that what the world cup is about for muslims?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
i dont go for all the flag waving rubbish, but whats wrong with watching some quality football and enjoying it?
isnt that what the world cup is about for muslims?
i only watch the game to learn sum football skills lol.
Nothing wrong with watchin it if your a bro, if your a sis... umm... those men really get outta control in those tight lil shorts :embarrass

united
07-07-2006, 10:19 PM
man youre living in the olden days. they dont hav tight lil shorts anymore. and the socks are pretty long aswell so i dont see the reason why a some muslims think sisters cant enjoy football.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
man youre living in the olden days. they dont hav tight lil shorts anymore. and the socks are pretty long aswell so i dont see the reason why a some muslims think sisters cant enjoy football.
i jus say avoid the doubtful, i aint no imam, my ilm is limited, i jus give precautions bro :). Allahu Allam u kno Allah knows best.

My sister watches football, i expressed my view so whatever she does lol... its up to her to decide really :)

bint_muhammed
07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
oh my god, bro i dont watch because of that honestly! i watch it coz i actually really enjoy football, mind you i only watch it when its world cup, or euro!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:50 PM
oh my god, bro i dont watch because of that honestly! i watch it coz i actually really enjoy football, mind you i only watch it when its world cup, or euro!
thats exactly what my sister says lol, like i sed sis, i aint no imam or nethin. my ilm is limited, i can only give what i understand, its very likely you know better ALlahu Allam :)

Sry if i offended.

searcheroftruth
07-08-2006, 02:11 AM
your all crazy its just a game which 22 men play chasing a ball, i think we should be putting are efforts into building a ummah nation which rules the earth forget about a football team

Mohsin
07-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Anyone found links to Henry and Saha being muslim. I really didn't know

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searcheroftruth
your all crazy its just a game which 22 men play chasing a ball, i think we should be putting are efforts into building a ummah nation which rules the earth forget about a football team
Agreed lol

Muezzin
07-08-2006, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searcheroftruth
Yeah, but what a game!

Though, to tell the truth, Tennis and Boxing (what a combination) are my spectator sports of choice.

Back on topic, I think it would be cool if Muslims made an 'Ummah' team, because it would symbolise unity. However, it wouldn't be able to take part in the World Cup, as Ummah is not a country.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.