/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for WINDOWS VISTA?

Dahir
07-07-2006, 04:04 AM
Windows Vista is the new Microsoft Operating System due out on January 2007 for release (first in the US). Windows vista will have far greater capabilities than any other Windows OS before it, and it will far surpass anything Linux or Mac have to offer.

According to Microsoft, Windows Vista has hundreds of new features, such as an updated graphical user interface and visual style dubbed Windows Aero, improved searching features, new multimedia creation tools such as Windows DVD Maker, and completely redesigned networking, audio, print and display sub-systems.

Search: significantly faster and more thorough search capabilities, similar to what is offered by Microsoft's Windows Desktop Search, Beagle, Copernic, and Apple Computer's Spotlight. Search boxes have been added to the Start menu, Windows Explorer, and several of the applications included with Vista.

For Mac lovers or Mac-wannabe users out there, don't worry, the interface is overhauled to look similar to Mac, albeit MUCH improved!:giggling:

Some pics to get you in the Mood:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MUNIRAH
07-07-2006, 04:11 AM
A/s/c

COOL

BlissfullyJaded
07-07-2006, 05:57 AM
:sl:

Hmmmm....I'll most probably get it by force, when my computer breathes its last and I have to replace it.

Looks nice. I'm not fussed about it though. :)

sevgi
07-07-2006, 06:05 AM
utterly bedazzled...wat wud the world do without it?!! i mean, i couldnt have thought of a better way to blow truckloads of money....

Thank u microsoft....ur the greatest!:rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
07-07-2006, 06:36 AM
utterly bedazzled
Same here!

I was planning on buying a laptop for school this coming year, but I'm holding on to my money and waiting until January '07 for a top-of-the-line Toshiba with Vista OS.

Far7an
07-07-2006, 09:49 AM

So this is the new Operating system? What happend to Longhorn?

Far7an
07-07-2006, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Longhorn was just the codename of Windows Vista...
Acha. Shukria for the explanation.

iLL_LeaT
07-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I’m ready, but my wallet is not.

So my wallet and I have decided to wait until we are both ready.

Far7an
07-07-2006, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iLL_LeaT
I’m ready, but my wallet is not.

So my wallet and I have decided to wait until we are both ready.
How much is it going to cost? Roughly? My wallet might need to make some friends...

iLL_LeaT
07-07-2006, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
How much is it going to cost? Roughly? My wallet might need to make some friends...
I don’t know, but I remember buying XP pro (the upgrade version) when I built my computer, $300. And XP had been out for awhile then too. Microsoft charges an arm and a leg for there software, even if it is mass marketed. I guess that is how you become the richest man in the world.

Dahir
07-09-2006, 10:51 PM
How much is it going to cost?
Why buy just the OS, buying the hardware and the software is much cheaper in my mind, but some people like to do hands-on stuff.

Abdullah4ever
07-09-2006, 10:59 PM

Whoa masha'allah , but what about Windows Xp?

But im confused is it like a theme for windows xp or is it like a system like windows xp?

Dahir
07-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Whoa masha'allah , but what about Windows Xp?

But im confused is it like a theme for windows xp or is it like a system like windows xp?
Its an entirely new operating system, it will replace XP. Just like XP replaced Windows 2000. You don't have to change computers, you just buy the software on CD, its downloadable, and kind of cheap, you then reboot, and you're on Vista!

Everything about Vista is different in comparison to XP, from the interface to the new features, advanced search results, toolbars, games, sound, EVERYTHING is improved!

ABWAN
07-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Assalamu alaikum
As of now, there is going to be 6 different flavors of Vista, 2 of which are targeted at home users. The cheapest home version would NOT have the Aero wizard and is going to look quite the same as Classic windows XP as far as UI is concerned. The functionality obviously is WAY better than XP.
The home version with Aero wizard is going to be expensive. From what I have seen, Vista is *sometimes* slow on a machine with 2 GB RAM BUT THEN, Vista is still being tested and MS is trying hard to optimize it.
You can always download any Microsoft product Beta version and try it out. IE7 (which will be shipped with Vista) is already available online as Beta (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx)

Dahir
07-10-2006, 02:06 AM
and is going to look quite the same as Classic windows XP as far as UI is concerned.
EWWWWW!!! :vomit: That's the ONLY reason my mouth is drooling for Vista. Without that awesome Aero-style User Interface, it's NOTHING! Right now I use XP of course, as with many, but I'm clamoring for Vista's interface, mmmmm, and the extra hundred or two hundred bucks are worth it. Plus, it doesn't come out until January, we've got half a year to save up for it, so SAVE UP!!!:giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.