/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salams

soulsociety
07-07-2006, 10:29 AM
:sl:

I hope you are well InshaAllah!

I'm here to do a little research on different areas. I'm interested to see how people behave on forums as opposed to real life, especially relations between genders. I'm also looking at how this forum is run, how the mods behave and so on.

Usually the web allows us to be free from our race, gender, religion. Yet Islamic forums tend to sexualise things by being able to display one's gender. This is useful in one aspect, if one was to be looking for a marriage partner. One can observe the behaviour of a member over time and then express interest.

A problem is though that in real life, Muslim interaction between genders is not so free or so full of expression (like emoticons on a forum). We see members using emoticons when conversing with the opposite gender. Whether that is right or wrong would depend on it being right or wrong if the members were to meet in person. Maybe it is ok to smile here, for it is a Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW) to smile in public... So :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
07-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Well i was really well until i found out we are subjects in your research.
And when you will publish the results...or how long will run your research
if i may ask that :-[

soulsociety
07-07-2006, 11:16 PM
My 51st post.

The research is/will be INshaAllah ongoing...

Sanobar
07-08-2006, 03:31 AM

welcome to the forums !
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
learningislam
07-08-2006, 08:47 AM
:salamext:

welcome to the forum......
Hope u have a good time here.
Apart from the research, hope u have a beneficial time here, and get a chance to learn too.
We would be glad to know the result , when u finish ur research.

:wasalamex

umm-sulaim
07-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Research.........wow, well welcome, hope you benefit too.wassalaam.

Samira_01
07-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Welcome and enjoy ur stay

soulsociety
07-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Jazakallah for the welcome.

It is interesting, interesting indeed...

afriend2
07-16-2006, 05:50 PM
salaam,

welcome to LI, inshAllah have a great time posting here!

wassalam :peace:

afriend
07-16-2006, 06:24 PM

Welcome to the forums!

I hope you benefit from this forum.

:w:

PS good luck in your research :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.