/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed!

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 11:16 AM
:sl:

I finally have come to a decison I can't live in the west anymore it's effecting my iman too much there's too much fitnah around and I fear for my Iman and for the iman of any future kids allah may bless me with, so what I had in mind is to start fresh in a part of land in the world(some where sunny!) which isn't inhabited by anyone and start a village run 100% accoarding to the sharia I know it's gonna be hard but I think someone needs to take the challange and bring a soceity where muslims can practice their religion fully without worry about being labelled an extrimist. so what your views on it guys?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Wow subhanAllah. That sounds tough. You will need quite a bit of dosh, I guess. And would any government allow that?
W'salaam

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Wow subhanAllah. That sounds tough. You will need quite a bit of dosh, I guess. And would any government allow that?
W'salaam

It's gonna take a bit of research and planning but at the beggining it's gonna be tough but i'd have to live a simple live similar to the prophet(pbuh).

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I finally have come to a decison I can't live in the west anymore it's effecting my iman too much there's too much fitnah around and I fear for my Iman and for the iman of any future kids allah may bless me with, so what I had in mind is to start fresh in a part of land in the world(some where sunny!) which isn't inhabited by anyone and start a village run 100% accoarding to the sharia I know it's gonna be hard but I think someone needs to take the challange and bring a soceity where muslims can practice their religion fully without worry about being labelled an extrimist. so what your views on it guys?
WOW!!! did you know that's exactly what sheikh imran n hosein is trying to do?!!? that's so cool. i think it's a really good idea masha allah. may Allah help you succeed and reward you, Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2006, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marya1
WOW!!! did you know that's exactly what sheikh imran n hosein is trying to do?!!? that's so cool. i think it's a really good idea masha allah. may Allah help you succeed and reward you, Ameen.
Wow. Can I know more about that?

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 11:36 AM
yeah go to www.imranhosein.org insha allah you'll find it...

he intends to use only sunnah money as currency.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Sunnah money?

07-07-2006, 11:38 AM
sunnah money = money with intrinsic value:)

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2006, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
sunnah money = money with intrinsic value:)
Ok.... you've lost me.....

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 11:43 AM
ie like gold and silver coins-something which has the value of the money in the money itself. paper notes are worthless-it's only the value the bank gives to it-value is outside the money

hope that helps insha allah

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Oh right...... mashaAllah!

Umm Yoosuf
07-07-2006, 01:27 PM

:w:

Masha Allah thats a wise decsion, it comes harship, it is not easy, but with the help of Allah insha Allah Khayr. Bear in mind that even in the lands of the Muslims you find fitna, really disappointing. Nevertheless I guess its better. Maybe you can learn the deen rather than just make Hijrah and leave there. Why don't you apply for islamic Scholarship or something either to Medina, syria or even Egypt, you can learn Quran, hadiths, Arabic etc Insha Allah you'll be a great benefit to yourself, family and community.

In the mean while stick to the Masjids, go to study classes for brothers.

Ask the imams for help insha Allah, they are advaced in these issues, also your beloved family.

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
:w:

Masha Allah thats a wise decsion, it comes harship, it is not easy, but with the help of Allah insha Allah Khayr. Bear in mind that even in the lands of the Muslims you find fitna, really disappointing. Nevertheless I guess its better. Maybe you can learn the deen rather than just make Hijrah and leave there. Why don't you apply for islamic Scholarship or something either to Medina, syria or even Egypt, you can learn Quran, hadiths, Arabic etc Insha Allah you'll be a great benefit to yourself, family and community.

In the mean while stick to the Masjids, go to study classes for brothers.

Ask the imams for help insha Allah, they are advaced in these issues, also your beloved family.

I've applied for madinah got an entrance exam on september, but it's the enviroment I wasn't always practasing I feel that slowly I being tempted back to my old lifestyle and doesn't allah say something along the lines of "Wasn't my earth spacious enough" in regards to those can't practise their relgion and didn't make hijra, it's getting to much step out the door I see women in bikinis this isn't good.

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 01:33 PM
ooh-good!(masha allah) i hope you get into madinah insha allah and benefit, Ameen.

Umm Yoosuf
07-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Insha Allah Du'a is the key brother. Allah will make a way for the slave who wants to become closer to Him and wants to seek knowledge. I pray that you get a placement in Medina uinversity. Make du'a and pray alot do not forget that, in the main while protect your youself from this fitna and seek knowledge- attend study classes and Quranic classes Insha Allah.

Daffodil
07-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Asalamulaikum

My husband is always talking about this. His idea is to buy an island which wud cost a few million n have a small islamic community where ppl live proper according to the sunnah n it wud be self sufficient so ud rely on like crops n things for food. Its a wikid idea n theres always small islands for sale, we wud just need to get the money for it.

Also brother, fair enough ur iman is being effected by living in darul kufar but dnt forget that if we all move away to islamic places whose gonna tell the kufar about islam?

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum

My husband is always talking about this. His idea is to buy an island which wud cost a few million n have a small islamic community where ppl live proper according to the sunnah n it wud be self sufficient so ud rely on like crops n things for food. Its a wikid idea n theres always small islands for sale, we wud just need to get the money for it.

Also brother, fair enough ur iman is being effected by living in darul kufar but dnt forget that if we all move away to islamic places whose gonna tell the kufar about islam?

Fair point but when you iman isn't in good-shape your playing with fire.

IceQueen~
07-07-2006, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum

let's raise money for it insha allah! we could get a load of support from muslims-it seems this idea isn't new...
as for those who are strong enough to live in a kuffar country-they can give da'wah insha allah..

x Maz x
07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope this reaches you in the best of Iman and health InshAllah,

Akhi, this dunya is as decayed and corrupeted as a two week overdate stale bread, Regardless of where you wish to live, whether it be here of somewhere like Cuba where there is Shaytaan there is most definetly a way, he has vowed to lead astray all those who are pious and have taqwaa and its a promise he has unfortunetly fulfilled and the evidence is quite clear when we look at the state of the Ummah :'( SubhanAllah, Iman comes in many different forms, and I am sure it has been posted several times on how to increase it, Shaytaan only invites and can be found at your doorstep, it is us those whom have little faith in Allah that give in to him but quite clearly that evil knievel only sends an invitation, We need to be genuine in our salah and du'as when asking Allah, Du'a is the weapon of the beleiver and we must remember that Allah responds to every supplicant when he/she calls onto Him and Allah has said that verily He is Ar-Rahman [Most-Mericuful]...So supplicate with a sense of genuiness and ask ALlah to guide you and give you the tawfeeq to cope with this decaying corrupet dunya and guide us all onto Siratum Mustakeem, Ameen

Ma'assalaama
Fi amanAllah x

shaharoun
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
It's really seems difficult in the eyes opf human beings.
But I'm sure if yo're doing for the sake of your faith and for the fear of Ahhah(S.W),Allah will do it be easy for you.
To get most helpful advice you can consult pious muslim scholars to get their views on this issue.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Try to speak to local shuyookh and úllama in your area if you can. See if they can give you support with this idea, and perhaps help you put it into action.
W'salaam

Sis786
07-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Wow Bro, But Fitnah is everywhere i mean all good to your plans But Shaytan is always with us and running away from him aint the solution.

I mean great idea you have May Allah SWT fufil this for you (Aameen) But you should try and tackle the Shaytan and your Nafs from within first!

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Try to speak to local shuyookh and Ășllama in your area if you can. See if they can give you support with this idea, and perhaps help you put it into action.
W'salaam

I'll give it a try inshallah.

Mezier
07-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Buy an island and live in treehouses and stuff like in that movie (cant remember the name). hehe. sorry your post got my imagination going.

its a REAL good idea...but how possible is it?

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mezier
Buy an island and live in treehouses and stuff like in that movie (cant remember the name). hehe. sorry your post got my imagination going.

its a REAL good idea...but how possible is it?

If people get intrested it's possable all we need is let say 100 plus people a piece of land and the rest will take care of it self I aim to bring the islamic state back even if it's 5 people living in tents somewhere in the world.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:33 PM

If people get intrested it's possable all we need is let say 100 plus people a piece of land and the rest will take care of it self I aim to bring the islamic state back even if it's 5 people living in tents somewhere in the world.
i would be more then interested in this, we can easily launch a campaign by going to elder muslims and handing out leaflets :) lol

Woodrow
07-07-2006, 10:53 PM
I have noticed that many of our Brothers and Sisters are quite willing to die for the cause of Islam. But, it seems that few are willing to live for it.

Living for it, means to be steadfast in where you are. Not to give up on your neighbors and seek a perfect life elswhere. It means to see the imperfections around you, have enough strength to not be detracted by them and even reach out with love to show others what you have found and open your heart to sharing with them.

Paradise on Earth will not be found, we have to make it happen and we have to make it happen where we are. We have to be brave enough to live as Muslims among those who don't understand. We have to be brave enough to show them tolerance and understanding, even when it is returned with pain. We must be brave enough to live as Muslims and understand that is as much of jihad as being willing to die for Islam.

If all the Muslims on Earth lived in the same Pure, Ideal, Islamic,
Dream country, Our beautifull Religion would never be seen by most of the world. The message of Peace and Love would never be seen by those not born Muslim.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:56 PM
ye its so hard to be brave... and we talk about jihad when we dont have the courage to speak to everyone we see about islam and give dawa and forbid the evil!

Woodrow what u sed makes sence Alhamdullilah, but when palestine is on the news everyday its hard to concentrate on that aspect...

snakelegs
07-08-2006, 01:18 AM
islam-truth, how old are you?
i don't know about UK but in US there are communes of people living an alternative type of life style. and there are conclaves of religious communities who live completely different life styles. some of the amish live in a different century!
see
http://www.800padutch.com/amish.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish

and here's a completely different commune that has existed for more than 3 decades (not long compared to the amish!)

http://www.thefarmcommunity.com/

you and some friends could buy some land with a goal of ultimately
developing as much economic independence and self sufficiency as possible. you will probably never be able to live completely independent of the outside world, but at least in your home and community lives, you would be able to live according to your beliefs.
maybe you could even get a grant from some religious institutions for an experimental project! if you could get a fat enough grant, maybe you could get started right away on an income generating project - making islamic clothes? tasbih? prayer rugs?
good luck. never stop dreaming - if nothing else, it's a good excercise.

DigitalStorm82
07-08-2006, 05:17 AM
I agree with woodrow too...

You guys need to stop dreaming about this "islamic island" of your imagination. It's never gonna happen... if saudi is corrupt by pollitics... nothing will be safe. Not in todays world at least.

Besides there are many villages throughout the world that are already secluded and have muslims living there... if you really want you can move to some farm land and live there like the sahabas..

But, 99% of the people will not give up their current life style to go live and become a farmer or something... we're too dependant on technology and what not...

Lets be realistic ;-) and focus smaller issues which we can resolve... Nothing wrong with dreaming big but there is a limit to everything... except with Allah of course.

anyway... goodluck with ur island...

W'salaamz,
Hamid

SirZubair
07-08-2006, 05:27 AM
Wow. Can I know more about that?
Sis,IF you are interested,i can send you a Video Tape of one his lectures.One of my friends in Australia sent me the video tape,it is called "THE MUSLIM VILLAGE",it is a very inspirational video.

Shaykh imran is a member of the MuslimVillage forum.

If anyone is interested in talking to the shaykh via PM's,visit him HERE

Wa'salaam.

Ghazi
07-08-2006, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have noticed that many of our Brothers and Sisters are quite willing to die for the cause of Islam. But, it seems that few are willing to live for it.

Living for it, means to be steadfast in where you are. Not to give up on your neighbors and seek a perfect life elswhere. It means to see the imperfections around you, have enough strength to not be detracted by them and even reach out with love to show others what you have found and open your heart to sharing with them.

Paradise on Earth will not be found, we have to make it happen and we have to make it happen where we are. We have to be brave enough to live as Muslims among those who don't understand. We have to be brave enough to show them tolerance and understanding, even when it is returned with pain. We must be brave enough to live as Muslims and understand that is as much of jihad as being willing to die for Islam.

If all the Muslims on Earth lived in the same Pure, Ideal, Islamic,
Dream country, Our beautifull Religion would never be seen by most of the world. The message of Peace and Love would never be seen by those not born Muslim.

But you need to understand allah will hold people to account and say why didn't you flee from the fitnah when my earth was spacious enough my aim to bring the islamic state back in a small form and invite people who want to live there.

aamirsaab
07-08-2006, 10:08 AM

But you need to understand allah will hold people to account and say why didn't you flee from the fitnah when my earth was spacious enough my aim to bring the islamic state back in a small form and invite people who want to live there.
But surely, part of the test is living, no? Sometimes, i do think people give up too easily - nothing in life is easy. Nothing.

In anycase, if this is the path that you truly want to take, then I respect your decision - it is your life, and I (nor others) have no right to tell you what or what you shouldn't do as you are old enough to make your decision.

May Allah grant you success with your journey.

Ghazi
07-08-2006, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

But surely, part of the test is living, no? Sometimes, i do think people give up too easily - nothing in life is easy. Nothing.

In anycase, if this is the path that you truly want to take, then I respect your decision - it is your life, and I (nor others) have no right to tell you what or what you shouldn't do as you are old enough to make your decision.

May Allah grant you success with your journey.

Hold on I'm lost, I'm planning to make hijra so I'll be living somewhere else away from the majority of the fitnah.

aamirsaab
07-08-2006, 10:19 AM
eek

Hold on I'm lost, I'm planning to make hijra so I'll be living somewhere else away from the majority of the fitnah.
Ah sorry, my fault. I thought the whole point of you leaving was that you had had enough of living in the west e.g. avoiding the problem instead of trying to solve it.

I do now believe that is not the case, and that you are actually going to solve the problem (well, atleast try) - just in a different way.

Umm Yoosuf
07-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Some of you stop giving the brother a had time. If he wants to safe himself from the fitna around him and he wants to make Hijrah and learn the deen, thats all good Masha Allah...Make Du'a for him.

united
07-09-2006, 12:57 PM
the bro has the right idea. ive always dreamt of a base (an island of something) for muslims where they could learn about islam and build up their faith. then they could go out and live within normal communities and spread islam. if things get too hard they can always get back to the base.
it is a bit complicated.
but like i said, its just a dream...

Ghazi
07-09-2006, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
the bro has the right idea. ive always dreamt of a base (an island of something) for muslims where they could learn about islam and build up their faith. then they could go out and live within normal communities and spread islam. if things get too hard they can always get back to the base.
it is a bit complicated.

Dream's can become reality very simply.

united
07-09-2006, 01:04 PM

hence the 3 dots ...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2006, 01:36 PM

thats the attitude, wallahi if every muslim had this attitude we would have succeeded by now!

"INFERIORITY COMPLEX!!!!!"

searchingsoul
07-09-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
it is a bit complicated.
Read SnakeLegs suggestion. She paints a very feasible solution and no one has responded (which I find strange). Until those of you on this thread respond to her suggestion I'm going to remain under the impression that you wish to prevent others from living a life unlike yours, opposed to simply being interested in living life according to your religion.

Until a life of further Muslim isolation is addressed by those individuals wishing to live contrary to 21st century Western people, I find it only reasonable to assume that such people wish to cause harm to my current society and way of life.

person
07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
go for it insha Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.