/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Virtues of a Martyr

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Virtues of a Martyr

"Think not of those, who are slain in the way of Allah, as dead. Nay, they are living. With their Lord they have provision. Jubilant (are they) because of that which Allah hath bestowed upon them of His bounty, rejoicing for the sake of those who have not joined them but are left behind: that there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. They rejoice because of favor from Allah and kindness, and that Allah wasteth not the wage of the believers.” (Quran- Al `Imran: 169-71)

Sayyidina Abu Hurairah(radhiyallahu anhu) reports that the Prophet(sallallahu alaiyhu wassallam) has said that those who die in the path of Allah, suffer little pain of death just like the bite of an ant. (Tirmizi)

Sayyidina Anas(radhiyallahu anhu) reports that the Prophet(sallallahu alaiyhu wassallam) has said that a martyr will be given the right of interceding for seventy of his relatives. (Abu Dawood)

Sayyidina Ka'ab bin Malik(radhiyallahu anhu) reports that the Prophet(sallallahu alaiyhu wassallam) has said that the soul of martyrs go about relishing the fruits of Paradise, just like green birds. (Tirmizi)

Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: “I swear by the One in Whose Hands my soul is, I wish that I would fight for the sake of Allaah (i.e., Jihaad) and get martyred, then return and fight again and get martyred, then return and fight again and get martyred” (Bukhaari & Muslim)

In a Hadeeth when Marwaan said: “We asked ‘Abdullaah Ibn Mas’ood, may Allaah be pleased with him, about the following verse: (which translates as): “And never think of those who have been killed in the cause of Allaah as dead. Rather, they are alive with their Lord, receiving provision.” (Aal-‘Imraan: 169).’ He, may Allaah be pleased with him, replied: “We asked the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam about this verse and he replied: “Their (i.e., the martyrs souls) will live inside green birds that dwell in designated lamps which hang on the throne of Allaah, they will roam freely in Paradise as they please, then return to these lamps” (Muslim)

A Shaheed has six other benefits; Al-Miqdaam Ibn Ma’di Karib, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: “A martyr has six bounties: He will be forgiven with the first drop of his blood that is spilt; He will see his place in Paradise (at the time of death); He will be saved from the ‘Great Horror’ (on the Day of Judgment): A Crown of Dignity will be placed on his head, which contains many corundums, each one being more precious than this life and all that it contains; He will have seventy two Women of Paradise; And, he will be allowed to intercede for seventy of his family members (who would have otherwise gone to hell).” (Tirmidhi & Ibn Maajah)

The pain that a martyr feels at the time of death will be reduced so greatly that he will only feel as if he was stung by a mosquito. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: “A martyr only feels from the effect of being killed that which one would when being stung by a mosquito.” (Tirmidhi, Nasaa’i)

Samurah Ibn Jundub, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: “Last night I was inspired (through a dream); I saw two men come to me and take me up a tree (in Paradise) then into a dwelling which was the best I have ever seen; they informed me that it was the dwelling of the martyrs.” (Bukhaari)

Among all the dwellers of Paradise, only the martyrs would wish to return to this life. This is due to the immense rewards and respect that have been mentioned in the previous Ahadeeth. Anas bin Maalik, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: “Nobody who enters Paradise would ever wish to return to this life again, even if he was to be given the whole world and everything in it – except for a martyr; for he would wish to return and get killed ten times due to the honour that he received (in Paradise).” and in another narration: “For what he finds as virtues of martyrdom.” (Bukhaari & Muslim)

Prepared by Al-Islaah Publications

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-07-2006, 03:32 PM
:sl:

Allahu Akbar it's a must that ask allah for shuhadaa the honour is too great.

muslim_friend
07-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Salaam,

The pain that a martyr feels at the time of death will be reduced so greatly that he will only feel as if he was stung by a mosquito. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: “A martyr only feels from the effect of being killed that which one would when being stung by a mosquito.” (Tirmidhi, Nasaa’i)
SubhanAllah!!!...

jazakAllah khair for the article.

salaam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Wa iyakkum akhee.
W'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Allahu Akbar it's a must that ask allah for shuhadaa the honour is too great.
Agreed ! i will never stop dreaming of this state!!!

[PIE]Sayyidina Ka'ab bin Malik(radhiyallahu anhu) reports that the Prophet(sallallahu alaiyhu wassallam) has said that the soul of martyrs go about relishing the fruits of Paradise, just like green birds. (Tirmizi)[/PIE]

I was talking to my brothers yesterday and they're sayin how its close enough to impossible to go while my mums still around :( , soo i gess im gnna hav to wait, but brothers trust me, the status of shaheed... subhanAllah! Anyone who truelly believes in Allah will strive there utmost to achieve that status!!!

JazakAllah khair ~Mu'Minah~. MashAllah!!

:salamext:

PS: tried givin reps but been too generous

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-08-2006, 12:47 PM
It's ok akhee. The reward for posting this thread is better than any ol'rep.
:wasalamex
(p.s my name is umm shaheed now lol)

Ghazi
07-08-2006, 12:48 PM

I just rememberd some the prophets will be worried on the day of judgement and the shaheed won't that just goes to show the high rank and blessings of a shaheed.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 02:17 PM

I just rememberd some the prophets will be worried on the day of judgement and the shaheed won't that just goes to show the high rank and blessings of a shaheed.
we could also say it goes to show just how much fear the ambiyah had and how much love 4 the ummah they had :), mashAllah

------
07-13-2006, 05:44 PM
This thread is BEYOND kool! :thumbs_up

Ghazi
07-13-2006, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
we could also say it goes to show just how much fear the ambiyah had and how much love 4 the ummah they had :), mashAllah

It's beacuse of their sins even though they wern't many each prophet will say "my self,my self" apart from our prophet(pbuh).

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Are there some mothers who specifically raise their kids to by martyrs?

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Peace

We must raise our children so they are aware of all aspects of Islam, including Jihad. I personally would be more than proud if any of my children fought fee sabeelillah, and even more proud if they were martyred fee sabeelillah. Not that I have any children or anything.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Peace

We must raise our children so they are aware of all aspects of Islam, including Jihad. I personally would be more than proud if any of my children fought fee sabeelillah, and even more proud if they were martyred fee sabeelillah. Not that I have any children or anything.
Agreed but i would hope i get reward for my childrens sacrifice aswell. I would ofcourse fight with them :), me and my brothers have recently been talking about going together to help our suffering brothers/sisters... 5 of us can make a difference inshaAllah!!

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul

Such mothers are one of a kind and is what the ummah needs we also need mothers to raise scholars.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2006, 10:44 AM

Such mothers are one of a kind and is what the ummah needs we also need mothers to raise scholars.
raising both would be nice :)

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Agreed but i would hope i get reward for my childrens sacrifice aswell. I would ofcourse fight with them :), me and my brothers have recently been talking about going together to help our suffering brothers/sisters... 5 of us can make a difference inshaAllah!!

Inshallah bro.

duke
07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
i am no muslims. but this martyrdom and such kind quite impress me somehow.

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duke
i am no muslims. but this martyrdom and such kind quite impress me somehow.

Really Can I ask why?

youngsister
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Can i a woman be a martyr? jazakallah

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
Can i a woman be a martyr? jazakallah

Yep, if I remember correctly the first martyr was a women or was it Hamza can someone answer this plz.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2006, 03:36 PM

Yep, if I remember correctly the first martyr was a women or was it Hamza can someone answer this plz.
i dont know but its interesting if the first women was a martyr also women are more fortunate becoz they have an extra way to be martyred which is by dying while giving birth. Men cant do that!!

Umm Safiya
07-14-2006, 08:18 PM

If I'm not mistaken the first woman to be martyred was Sumaiya!?

Anyways, can a woman go to Jihad and fight? That would be so cool.. I've heard that some women fight in Ogaden! Anyone know if it's true? Jazak Allâhu khayr..

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hamzah

Anyways, can a woman go to Jihad and fight? That would be so cool.. I've heard that some women fight in Ogaden! Anyone know if it's true? Jazak Allâhu khayr..

Think best asking a shiek but I don't see why not were all equal afterall.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-14-2006, 09:27 PM

Sa7 ukhti, that is correct. And i'm sure we've all read the story of Nussayibah bint Ka'b, mashaAllah! I don't know if that is true, but my Qurán teacher's husband is fighting jihad there. I've said this before, but he's pushing 70. SubhanAllah. Where are the young men to protect us from getting raped by soldiers?:rollseyes

Umm Safiya
07-14-2006, 09:30 PM

I've asked islam-qa and islamtoday like a month ago, but they haven't replied yet.. Are they always that slow or do they just have a billion questions to answer?

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 09:30 PM

Qurán teacher's husband is fighting jihad there. I've said this before, but he's pushing 70. SubhanAllah. Where are the young men to protect us from getting raped by soldiers?
*Hangs head in shame* Subahanallah is he part of a mujahideen group, ermm make dua to allah to grant me the opertunity to fight in his cause, this is the one thing that'd make me happy even if I lived in poverty the rest of my life if I knew shuhadaa was waiting then I'd be a happy man.

Umm Safiya
07-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Sa7 ukhti, that is correct. And i'm sure we've all read the story of Nussayibah bint Ka'b, mashaAllah! I don't know if that is true, but my Qurán teacher's husband is fighting jihad there. I've said this before, but he's pushing 70. SubhanAllah. Where are the young men to protect us from getting raped by soldiers?:rollseyes

Masha Allâh, may Allah let him die as a shaheed, amiin..
Actually alot of somali brothers from DK is leaving for Ogaden this summer.. Insha Allah my husband will leave soon too.. :wub: Make dua barak allahu feekum:statisfie

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah, he is leading one the mujahideen groups there. MashaAllah.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Masha Allâh, may Allah let him die as a shaheed, amiin..
Actually alot of somali brothers from DK is leaving for Ogaden this summer.. Insha Allah my husband will leave soon too.. :wub: Make dua barak allahu feekum:statisfie
OMG SIS, THAT IS GREAT! MashaAllah, it makes me so pleased that our brothers care about the situation of their brethrin! TAKBEER!

YOU ARE IN MY DUÁS SIS.:wub:

duke
07-15-2006, 02:46 AM

Really Can I ask why?
they willing to leave their life to defend their right against the kuffar (is that how you call?) who opress them. as a christian i definitely would do so if somebody step ther foot on my head or stomp my brothers to the floor.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-15-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm glad to see there are some understanding people in the world.:)
But we would fight jihad anywhere in the world.
We fight so that the weak may live, we do everything for the pleasure of Allah.

-Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 09:08 AM

Think best asking a shiek but I don't see why not were all equal afterall.
no we're not,

men and women are not equal, thats a lotta bull bruv, we have "EQUITY". We both have out strengths, but we're not equal.

if you check out the meaning to equal and equity you'll get what i mean :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-15-2006, 09:10 AM
What's equity?:?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 09:12 AM
basically if you add up the pro's and con's of both men and women we are about the same but on one thing we are NOT equal, for example both of us are not STRONG lol!

you do get the unussualy strong ones here and there :rollseyes:

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-15-2006, 09:17 AM
basically if you add up the pro's and con's of both men and women we are about the same but on one thing we are NOT equal, for example both of us are not STRONG lol!

you do get the unussualy strong ones here and there :rollseyes:
Strong in what way? Physically, yeah men are usually stronger. But mentally is different. That really depends on the individual.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Strong in what way? Physically, yeah men are usually stronger. But mentally is different. That really depends on the individual.
lol sis jus to make sure, do you think men and women are equal on every level? :?

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-15-2006, 09:21 AM
lol sis jus to make sure, do you think men and women are equal on every level? :?
Well, i'm not sure what you mean by equal. I think we have different rights, but we are equal, because Allah grants us the same reward for our deeds. What did you mean by equal?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Well, i'm not sure what you mean by equal. I think we have different rights, but we are equal, because Allah grants us the same reward for our deeds. What did you mean by equal?
ye sis, same rewards, we have equity :happy:

ok lemme break it down:

Equal means:
Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.

Equity means:
The state, quality, or ideal of being just, impartial, and fair.

so if u think bout it, women are more emotionally stronger, men are physically stronger. This makes us equal but on different levels. Yes we get the same rewards of course.

hope that makes sence inshaAllah :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-15-2006, 09:26 AM
ye sis, same rewards, we have equity :happy:

ok lemme break it down:

Equal means:
Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.

Equity means:
The state, quality, or ideal of being just, impartial, and fair.

so if u think bout it, women are more emotionally stronger, men are physically stronger. This makes us equal but on different levels. Yes we get the same rewards of course.

hope that makes sence inshaAllah :)
Ok, I agree with you. Don't worry i'm not a feminist or anything, lol.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Ok, I agree with you. Don't worry i'm not a feminist or anything, lol.

ok but lets just say im gnna be a bit more careful of what i say around you

*gulp* lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.