/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What act Pushes you over the Edge?

Dahir
07-08-2006, 04:33 AM
Hello. Its the uber-educational Dahir to help answer some of life's easy questions! I can 'tick' very easily, the slightest 'erk' that I feel is being casted upon me by someone pushes me to near-insanitized anger! But, I'm one of those people who just traps the anger, never letting it out to hurt anyone's feelings or face for that matter:heated:

What I'm 'erked' by is when people blatantly, stupidly lie, steal, cheat, or practices hypocrisy. I am angered to such an extreme by those acts that I can't even bare to look at that person!:grumbling :heated:

Now that you know what pushes me over the edge, what makes you 'tick'?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-08-2006, 04:48 AM
In reality the thing that pushes me over the edge is stupidity. Ignorance is acceptable, we are all ignorant in more subjects then we are knowledgable in. But, stupidity is inexcusable. It means we have the intelleigence and knowledge to not be stupid, but some people still do. I tend to see stupidity as being the ultimate expression of disrespect and/or laziness a person is capable of.

I voted arrogance in the poll as that comes closest to my view of stupidity

Dahir
07-08-2006, 04:51 AM
In reality the thing that pushes me over the edge is stupidity. Ignorance is acceptable, we are all ignorant in more subjects then we are knowledgable in.
Your points are taken well, but I thought ignorance was a bit worse than stupidity, because I had a belief that stupidity was a symptom of the young. Ignorance I thought all along to be a light curse over the soul and its awareness, but then again, we define what makes us 'tick' so they might both be the same or just as harmful as the other, just not 'tick'-worthy...:giggling:

Asyur an-Nagi
07-08-2006, 04:54 AM
hypocrisy jump to the top of my list

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim_friend
07-08-2006, 04:54 AM
I voted for 'Arrogance' as well. Btw, what is 'Machismo'?

SirZubair
07-08-2006, 04:58 AM
What pushes me over the edge?

One of them isnt on the list,..that is SLOW DRIVERS... :p

...Ok,..back on topic,...

Arrogance (The state or quality of being arrogant; overbearing pride.) - Especially when it comes from my fellow Muslims brothers and sisters.

I can name atleast a dozen people on this very forum who are full of it,but i won't name them,because i dont want this thread to become a battlefield..

Most of the time,its "Im a muslim,i know best..." "i follow the quran and the sunnah,..i know best.." Religous pride,it drives me Nuts.

Yes,be proud of your religon.

But no,dont carry religous pride in your heart.

If anyone is wondering "what is the difference?" then it is time for some soul searching.

I'll leave this for the readers to figure out.

I am no1's babysitter,i won't spank you for being bad.

i won't give you a pat on the back and a lollypop for being good.

My mission in life is to point out the right direction to my Brothers and SIsters in islam,at the end of the day,i throw the ball in their court.

Seek the knowledge. Don't just talk about it.

Wa'salaam.

p.s Man,..i am glad "People going offtopic" isnt an option... :p

Dahir
07-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Btw, what is 'Machismo'?
Guys in the locker room who show their 'pecks' all the time, or tough guys who pick fights with everyone. Pretty much, the crowd no one ever likes. Two Words: TOUGH GUYS!

Dahir
07-08-2006, 05:00 AM
Man,..i am glad "People going offtopic" isnt an option
Those will get someone angry, I doubt they push anyone to the edge of insanity, which the others have the power to do!

AbdulHaq
07-08-2006, 05:01 AM
:sl:

I feel Nationalism is a combination of all of the above. It annoys me like crazy.

muslim_friend
07-08-2006, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Guys in the locker room who show their 'pecks' all the time, or tough guys who pick fights with everyone. Pretty much, the crowd no one ever likes. Two Words: TOUGH GUYS!
^Oh! But wouldn't that qualify under 'Arrogance' as well?

A bully is arrogant :Evil: .. as far as i have seen..

ALL 4 IsLaM
07-08-2006, 05:12 AM
I would have to say Ignorance, because nowadays, Islam is being soo ridiculed on TV, newspapers and all the media simply because people are ignorant. And because of that, they express their unreasonable hatred toward Islam. It hurts when people say such horrible things about the true religion Islam.

Dahir
07-08-2006, 05:45 AM
From muslim_friend:

Oh! But wouldn't that qualify under 'Arrogance' as well?

A bully is arrogant .. as far as i have seen..
Machismo is a CERTAIN SPECIFIC kind of arrogance, see, arrogance is a wide field, you know, now that I think about it, all of those traits run together, Machismo is Arrogance in a sense, which is a Nationalistic/"Pryde" tendency, which is cheating and lying to yourself much of the time. And thus, you are stealing/robbing yourself of a clear conscience, and this newly-found arrogance turns you into a self-loving hypocrite! IT MAKES SENSE. WOOHOO!!

Muhammad
07-08-2006, 06:16 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
But, I'm one of those people who just traps the anger, never letting it out to hurt anyone's feelings or face for that matter:heated:
Masha'Allaah, that is good to hear :).

Wouldn't it be more beneficial if we shared ways to control our anger, rather than simply state what makes us angry? Or even sharing knowledge with regards to the commended act of forgiveness and returning good for evil.

I hope you will understand why this thread shall be closed - in addition to the above, a topic such as this offers opportunities for people freemixing and posting unnecessary things.

Jazakallahu Khayr.

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.