05-24-2005, 01:15 PM
:sl:

example?

:w:

Lateralus63
05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
lebanese arab singers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahm
05-24-2005, 02:58 PM

What's wrong with Lebanese Arab singers?

S_87
05-24-2005, 03:08 PM

big moustaches

asmauk
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM

You don''t want to know......may allah guide them all!

Whoever coined the phrase "To "out-kafir" the "Kafir", pretty much has it sussed. And btw...its not just the lebanese who are at it.....egyptians, syrians, jordanians, algerians, moroccans.....and the list goes on......

Unique
05-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Salam

Not neccersarily, some traditions that Arabs have are not really Islamic.
I saw on arabic tv, this woman was sitting on the floor, singing (in Arabic). Also in that room were so many guys, some were playing instruments, some were just sitting there. The woman had a scarf on (and dressed Islamicly), but it just looked a bit odd, cuz she was the only woman in that room with a bunch of guys. I cant remember what she was singing though, if it was Islamic or not.

Wassalam

ahm
05-24-2005, 03:38 PM

They got big moustaches???

LOL

Actually I was thinking more of the culture at the time of the Prophet (SAW).

"To "out-kafir" the "Kafir"", that wasn't me was it?

Lateralus63
05-24-2005, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahm

They got big moustaches???

LOL

watch some music videos of this singer called Nancy Ajram, there was this song called Akhasmak Ah that was banned from egypt because of its seductive content, in general, its part of some arab culture and well the farthest thing from islam really.

asmauk
05-24-2005, 03:45 PM

Bro lateralus....u picked one of the worst culprits!

ma'3a salaama

Lateralus63
05-24-2005, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asmauk

Bro lateralus....u picked one of the worst culprits!

ma'3a salaama

actually no, hanadi salloum is worse than that, bro ahm just look up these women trust me they are the most disgusting things you will ever see in the arab culture.

Which is why arab culture is not the same as islam really, possibly similar but so is, pakistani, north african and so on.

asmauk
05-24-2005, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lateralus63

actually no, hanadi salloum is worse than that, bro ahm just look up these women trust me they are the most disgusting things you will ever see in the arab culture.

She is vile.....really allah yahdeehoum......the worst thing is many of these singers are idolised in the arab world.

ahm
05-24-2005, 03:57 PM

I think banning it made it more popular.

What I'm trying to say is that certain people say dress a certain way, but to me that only applies to certain cultures. I'm not saying hijab is cultural and not Islamic, I would say hijab would be implemented e.g. by Scottish women wearing the tartan of their clan.

Also how about how women are treated in Arab culture as opposed to Islam? Modern day example would be Saudi women not being allowed to drive?

ahm
05-24-2005, 03:59 PM

I'd rather not see them LOL

Lateralus63
05-24-2005, 04:05 PM

Also how about how women are treated in Arab culture as opposed to Islam? Modern day example would be Saudi women not being allowed to drive?

im a desi (you are as well ahm innit ;) ) so i wouldnt know but my guess would be that they are just treated as sexual objects.

But thats not to say all arabs are like that, im talking about the worst arab stuff ive seen really.

*charisma*
05-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

arab culture is way different from islam, and it seems now that more arabs are repenting from islam, i know i heard lotz of stuff bout the jordanians, and well drinking and smoking is popular in egyptian culture, music and dancing is popular in the lebanese culture and since they are all in the ME they sorta reflect and seem to influence upon eachother. i dunno, but thats how i see it. Guys are into dating and stuff as well soo i dunno....

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

ahm
05-24-2005, 04:19 PM

Thing is the word culture is sometimes used to mean way of life of a society.

soulja-ess
05-24-2005, 04:34 PM

Which is why arab culture is not the same as islam really, possibly similar but so is, pakistani, north african and so on.

i think ruby and boosy are the worst of tha worst bro some of their vids are just pure nasty man and i ruby and boosy are egyption so its not just the lebs

neways some of the singers like nancy ajram arent even muslim so theres really no diff between her and the western singers....but boosy and ruby are muslimahs so thats wat makes it worse man

h1jabi_sista
05-24-2005, 06:15 PM

culture and islam are verrrrryyyyyy similar thats why its very confusing!! In a place where the culture is very strong thats when its most hard to separate the two. :)

culture is the way of life of a society...but it has mistakes/flaws. something will not quite fit. Sometimes it wont make sence... :)

islam however is also a way of life......but it has no mistakes. Its the perfect religion and it has a perfect way of life. Subhanallah allah is the Most Glorious and the Almighty..

allah knows best :)

S_87
05-24-2005, 08:36 PM

Modern day example would be Saudi women not being allowed to drive?

hmm the reason they cant drive..i dont think has so much to do with culture
there a fatwa out by sheikh bin baz Rahimullah on that

Ibn Syed
05-24-2005, 08:59 PM
What about wearing niqabs?

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Arab culture has nothing to do with Islam. One is a culture, while the other is a comprehensive system which transcends all cultural barriers. You don't need to be arab to be Muslims. Islamic practices are Islamic, not arab, not indian, not african. The only connection is that today, a large percent of places with arab culture also practice Islam.

Ibn Syed
05-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I agree. Jazakallah for clarifying that Ansar.

S_87
05-25-2005, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
What about wearing niqabs?

thats islam but people misinterpret it as a thing oppresive muslim men do to their women <_<

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.