/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Right/Wrong?

x Maz x
07-08-2006, 12:01 PM
AssalaamuAlaykum
Bismillah, Hope ya’ll in the highest state of health and iman InshAllah

Well my question is regarding films such as ‘The Message’ and also the new animated film showing the lifestyles of the Blessed companions of the Prophet [Pbuh], In my opinion I see it as incorrect, for reasons which have raised in other threads, if you wish for me to provide my side of the argument I would be happy to do so inshAllah but I urge the more knowledgeable brothers/sisters to provide me intelligent answers which are backed up by hadith/Quranic ayah saying whether it is permissible or not, I want to attain more ilm regarding this question and want some kind ol’ cod to shed some light, this is my method of mastering the walking before I jump the wagon ;), I have ruled it out of my list to go watch these type of films but I was faced by people who approved of them and now I am totally confuzled

As much as I know how you love abiding by rules/regulations…here ya are, here’s some more before you even think of posting:

1: Well researched answers
2: None of that “The Ulemas have approved of it regardless of what the rest of the Sheiks/Malvi/Scholars/People of great Islamic knowledge say so its right!” attitude, I got enough of that so please for the sake of Allah give it a rest
3: Don’t ignore the evidence presented by users and please don’t cause a volcanic eruption whilst trying to get your view across
4: If someone comes to a conclusion that it is based on haaq then please don’t be too ignorant to claim/consider it as being false
5: Normal rules of respect and civilised manners are required

Note to Mods: If this thread goes kaboom can I please make a kind request that you close it, I don’t want to bring about disunity and stir up trouble so please if you would have the great pleasure of closing it, Much appreciated, You got my consent!...

My final comment: Allahu Alim [Allah knows best]

JazakAllah Khair in advance, Looking forward to some fuss class answers from my beloved brothers and sisters, and if you let this thread die down without answering my question and helping my clouded mind, you leave me no other choice other than to hunt ya’ll down and kill you, slowly, painfully etc muahahahaha, Nah jokes, Buh pweeeees yano how much ya’ll love me in a sisterly way please answer ma question, hehe *halo glistens*

Wa’AlaykumAsalaam
Fi amanAllah x

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 12:38 PM
sahabi are characters which cant be portrayed in this day and age. Attempting to portray them in any fashion may in some way degrade them.
Degrading them is certainly inexcusable.
Picture making itself is haram, this is wellknown.

i have little ilm but this is my little understanding...

:salamext:

chacha_jalebi
07-08-2006, 12:43 PM
salaam :D

some films have approval frm d al azhar uni crew, dem lot are gangstas :p

but yesh, i dont understand how they can give approval, because fair enough they dont show RasoolAllah (saw) but they portray some sahabas, for example in the message, they have a character playin Hadhrat Bilal (ra) & they hav sum nex man playin Hadhrat Hamzah (ra)! so me didnt agree wit dat, but they didnt show the khilafah e rashideen (ra) only made mentions of em, lol but they cant show any sahabas, dats me view point!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
salaam :D

some films have approval frm d al azhar uni crew, dem lot are gangstas :p

but yesh, i dont understand how they can give approval, because fair enough they dont show RasoolAllah (saw) but they portray some sahabas, for example in the message, they have a character playin Hadhrat Bilal (ra) & they hav sum nex man playin Hadhrat Hamzah (ra)! so me didnt agree wit dat, but they didnt show the khilafah e rashideen (ra) only made mentions of em, lol but they cant show any sahabas, dats me view point!!
i dont think i would even like them showin tabi'in, or even saliheen! you just cant portray such people... ok if they were the ACTUAL people then fair enuff...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H4RUN
07-08-2006, 02:56 PM
:sl:
right, well the issue is in these so called films/animations they aren't showing the faces of the Prophets PbuT, so in a way they feel that they have accomplished their task, by refraing from creating images of the Prophets, for the reason that depiction can easily be done. On the other hand the same thought isn't given 2 the sahabi's, why is this i ask? Ordinary people they're, but ironically not so ordinary...they were the chosen people to be the companions, so in my book they to can not be classed as just ordinary, rather of a much higher level than you or me. So why on earth images of them are created baffles me to, and yes these 'nex' men playing the roles of the sahaba etc, are most probably nothing like them, certainly from a personality point of view. it just gives a more of an opportunity to create a differed image, hence degrading is inevitable. So in my humble opinion it's wrong, each sahabi had a diiferent personality, for example, Umar Ibn Khatab was firm in what he did, and Abubakr was kind of the opposite, more gentle, soft, even though he was 1st at everything Subhanallah. So all in all you cannot get people to play these roles, just cannot be done. Allahu-alim
that's my 2p worth
ma'salama
:w:

chacha_jalebi
07-08-2006, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
i dont think i would even like them showin tabi'in, or even saliheen! you just cant portray such people... ok if they were the ACTUAL people then fair enuff...
yesh agreed :D dats wot i basically sed :p

x Maz x
07-10-2006, 11:51 AM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope this reaches ya in de highest state of health and Iman inshAllah,
Well well, JazakAllah Khairun all 3 of you bredas, MashAllah @ ya Haroon well said, Abd'Majid again wickedest tinz u said!, I was reading bout what your mum was saying MashAllah @ her, and chacha saab again fine shine, but as always u decide to take the credit for other peoples work lol...Nah jowks Big up all of yous!...Buh is ther any other feedback?
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam fi amanAllah x

Ghazi
07-10-2006, 11:57 AM

But we need to be considerate apart from the prophets I havn't come across any text that says dipicting sahaba ect is haraam, kids todays won't sit down and read their bio's but will watch films on them as they're used to watching films, it's a powerful dawa tool.

x Maz x
07-10-2006, 12:02 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope this reaches ya in de highest state of health and Iman inshAllah,

Sinse when was the availability of short stories of the Prophet [Pbuh] & his companions on rations?, Excuse me for being rude but i dont feel the need to make something that similars Disney characters to portray the message of these people, SubhanAllah is there no other means of dawah?, This is surley disrespectful and absolutely pointless in my opnion...

Wa'AlaykumAsalaam, Fi amanAllah x

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

But we need to be considerate apart from the prophets I havn't come across any text that says dipicting sahaba ect is haraam, kids todays won't sit down and read their bio's but will watch films on them as they're used to watching films, it's a powerful dawa tool.
i understand bro, we shouldnt make up things which isnt clearly wrong.
But by my understanding showing respect to the sahaabi and rasullulah saws in every aspect is extremely important.

If i tried to act like bilal RA lets face it, a million people wud slap me and kick me to the kurb then probably throw me into the thames!
yet on TV someone tries voicing bilal and nothing happens :?

i hope you get what i mean, :)

Ghazi
07-10-2006, 12:07 PM
i understand bro, we shouldnt make up things which isnt clearly wrong.
But by my understanding showing respect to the sahaabi and rasullulah saws in every aspect is extremely important.

If i tried to act like bilal RA lets face it, a million people wud slap me and kick me to the kurb then probably throw me into the thames!
yet on TV someone tries voicing bilal and nothing happens :?

Dipicting sahaba isn't disrespect if anything it shows respect by remembering them and spreading their sacrifice on to the neext generation.

i hope you get what i mean, :)

Dipicting sahaba isn't disrespect if anything it shows respect by remembering them and spreading their sacrifice on to the neext generation.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

subhanALlah, you might be right :) . Well there is normally a bit of flute n stuff in those movies. Stuff the sahabi would clear disapprove of. I dont know bro, i just dont think media is fit to portray the sahaabi. Allahu allam but u got some good points bro :)

x Maz x
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,

Again Abd'Majid MashAllah Akhi well said, Islam-truth breda, classify your perspective of disrespect, to what lenghts?, If depicting the most blessed beings on earth, whom were so pure in the forms of some pathetic man-made cartoon aint wrong then what is?? :S..

http://www.islamchannel.tv/forums/sh...catID=11&mode=
Furthermore, Check out this link and take note of User's Traveller's and Ikhlas's posts InshAllah
If anyone can refute that argument then I will hapily look forward to hearing your views inshAllah...But seirous i need the opnions of the knowledgable bredas/sistas on board...*Ansar Al'adal runs* lol...

Ma'assalaama x

aamirsaab
07-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Ok, let's look at this thing properly.

It's probably aimed at children, so in that case i'd say it's fantastic. Sure there are a few boundaries that are being crossed in the process (lately, it seems that boundaries haven't stopped anything from happening), but I reckon it could help the youth, who might I add are the future.

format_quote Originally Posted by X maz X
Again Abd'Majid MashAllah Akhi well said, Islam-truth breda, classify your perspective of disrespect, to what lenghts?, If depicting the most blessed beings on earth, whom were so pure in the forms of some pathetic man-made cartoon aint wrong then what is?? :S..
Ma'assalaama x
Lol, you don't want to go down this path; I can smell the mudslinging from here already.

I dont know bro, i just dont think media is fit to portray the sahaabi
Good point. But maybe the cartoon is a way of remembering the sahaba and the prophet's teachings as opposed to just simply portraying them.

Perhaps it'd be best to seek answers from the target audience of this cartoon i.e. the children.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Maz the link aint working lol

x Maz x
07-10-2006, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Ok, let's look at this thing properly.

It's probably aimed at children, so in that case i'd say it's fantastic. Sure there are a few boundaries that are being crossed in the process (lately, it seems that boundaries haven't stopped anything from happening), but I reckon it could help the youth, who might I add are the future.
Yes indeed, But isnt there a better way to go bout it? Erm how about books?Yesh they our future man sure they are but raah if this film yeh goes against Islamic teachings simultaneously whilsts promoting the message of the spread of Islam ahem call me a cynical ol' hag but theres something wrong with that?:? :offended:
Lol, you don't want to go down this path; I can smell the mudslinging from here already.
:giggling: @ Ya, Muahahaha :rollseyes , Chears fo' that comment lol

Good point. But maybe the cartoon is a way of remembering the sahaba and the prophet's teachings as opposed to portraying them.

Perhaps it'd be best to seek answers from the target audience of this cartoon i.e. the children.
Again there are without doubt other means of dawah, why resort to that? :? :offended: ...Hmm seeking their views? that aint gonna help, they gonna be like "yeh man was heaviest cartoon I seen, better then Shrek by miles" :rollseyes
JazakAllah Khairun though fo your opnions
MashAllah
Ma'assalaama x

x Maz x
07-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Erm Fixed Abd'Majid, Tc I'm out Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
"yeh man was heaviest cartoon I seen, better then Shrek by miles" :rollseyes
lol i think he meant talk to the kids and see what they learnt but to be honest i reckon the kids would get a better feel once they grown up and can read books.

I watched "the message" when i was around 8-9ish and i actually cried and thought the sahabi were amazing, it helped me grow a love for our roots so in that sence... maybe it can help... ALLAHU ALLAM.

------
07-10-2006, 12:32 PM
What link?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 12:34 PM
http://www.islamchannel.tv/forums/sh...e=Comments%20a nd%20Complaints&catID=11&mode=

^^ That one !

aamirsaab
07-10-2006, 02:25 PM
I watched "the message" when i was around 8-9ish and i actually cried and thought the sahabi were amazing, it helped me grow a love for our roots so in that sence... maybe it can help... ALLAHU ALLAM.
Exactly my point. It's worth a try don't ya think?

I know there are other mediums that we can use to help educate muslims, but the generations after mine (and inclusive) are not reading books etc. The main medium the new generations are using is the internet and t.v so perhaps it'd be best to capitalise.

x Maz x
07-10-2006, 02:37 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope ya'll in the highest level of health and iman,
Aamir listen man I aint levelling up the negativitys and postivies of watching such films I am on the otherhand enquiring whether tis even permissable or not? So again de more knoweldgable brothers and sisters care to shed some light regarding this topic? Please thats a bleeding command not a plea tsssk..
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

------
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Hmm....in my own opinion i think its wrong and right i mean its rong to make pics n stuff but like its kinda right if it makes the children nowadays interested in their own religion...u gets me...

x Maz x
07-11-2006, 01:49 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope these reaches ya'll in de highest level of health and iman inshAllah,
Well BarakAllahu feekhum ukhty Aalimah!, Yo is there really no-one wit a higher intellect then moi that can knock some sense into me?? Yeesh *eyes rolly*...
Take care all, Wa'AlaykumAsalaam, Fi amanAllah x

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
^ umm... lol WHAT?

------
07-11-2006, 01:51 PM
She's saying she wants someone to knock sense into her for some reason LOL

Z
07-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Don't question me why, but I would find it wrong to make aminated images of the Prophet and his companions, but would be more than content watching Ice Age or something.

H4RUN
07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
why? lool

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
She's saying she wants someone to knock sense into her for some reason LOL
ye lol but why? she makes sence to me mashAllah.

everyones got there own views, no-one knows 100% sure whats right, Islam-Truth has showed sincerity in his opinion so i can only respect it. but i'll hold firm to my decision inshaAllah :)

x Maz x
07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope these reaches ya'll in de highest level of health and iman inshAllah,
Lol Listen I'm having a hard task debating with peepz whether tis haram/halal so i need a decent argument backd up by hadeeth/Ayahs saying if tis permissable, and none of the v knowledgable bredas/sisters rushing to answer ma plea and knock some sense into me so hmmm again tis a bleeding blue blazing COMMAND! not a question and i iz getting very grrrr lol...obey yo queen man and answer meh, O i was hoping Woodrow or breda Ansar participated in this conv or even breda Fi Sabilillah or Silver pearl ukhty buh nooooooo they didnt, its cause i iz paki enit, pshhhh
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

Z
07-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Maybe it's because of the stupid way you type your speak that puts them off from participating. But yeah.

See, if we knew what the Prophet looked like, would it still be wrong to create images of him?

H4RUN
07-11-2006, 02:02 PM
ooooh your asking for it bro lol, so err i iz got 2 words 4 botha ya, keeep it reaaal lol, and yes that is most probably the case, it's because you are a 'paki'stani.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 02:04 PM
its because theres enough proof out there already really and its people thats got to make the choice now inshaAllah.

Like i said, picture-making is clearly haram. And making a "cartoon" is picture-making without a doubt. You lot can decide the rest.

x Maz x
07-11-2006, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Maybe it's because of the stupid way you type your speak that puts them off from participating. But yeah.

See, if we knew what the Prophet looked like, would it still be wrong to create images of him?
Hope this reaches ya in the highest level of health and Iman InshAllah,
My dear sweet slab of marzipan, You must refrain from these awful insults, You seem to have a sort of bond I daresay with the Queen's English, Do refrain from petty insults which you have presented before my eyes not only in threads but through other means [I leave you to exercise your two braincells to recall where else you retaliated in such a manner it made me nod my head in disgust] But JazakAllah Khair, I still bow my head as you older than me and I respect most of my elders :rollseyes , So yesh I will keep this in mind...
Regarding your second question, ofcourse if the Prophet [Pbuh] regarded it as being false to create images then it would be going against his sunnah to do so...Allahu Alim
Fi amanAllah x

x Maz x
07-11-2006, 02:16 PM

Like i said, picture-making is clearly haram. And making a "cartoon" is picture-making without a doubt. You lot can decide the rest.

AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope this reaches ya in the highest state of health and Iman inshAllah,
Well you can say this but this argument can quickly be refuted i think someone goes that in a hadeeth the Prophet [Pbuh] used something with pictures as a pillow or sumin?? ...Some kind ol' cod present the hadith inshAllah but then again the use of pictures in homes mean that Angels dont enter the house?? so again confuzled ..
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam
Fi amanALlah x

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 02:19 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope this reaches ya in the highest state of health and Iman inshAllah,
Well you can say this but this argument can quickly be refuted i think someone goes that in a hadeeth the Prophet [Pbuh] used something with pictures as a pillow or sumin?? ...Some kind ol' cod present the hadith inshAllah but then again the use of pictures in homes mean that Angels dont enter the house?? so again confuzled ..
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam
Fi amanALlah x
ye i heard the pillow was ripped up then used as a curtain or something or another, Allahu Allam.

I still would prefer to stick to the old ways, reading.

x Maz x
07-11-2006, 02:23 PM
ye i heard the pillow was ripped up then used as a curtain or something or another, Allahu Allam.

I still would prefer to stick to the old ways, reading.

Bismillah, Hpe this reaches ya in de highest level of health and Iman InshAllah,
Well True say but at times like these i feel like hijacking all threads and keeping ya'll hostage till someone gives me a clear answer backed up wit watnot...:rollseyes Raah Ill just go cry in the corna and play with ma ball of string :'(...Confuzled to de max :heated: :? :offended: :grumbling :statisfie :rant: :happy: :brother: :sister: :rollseyes +o( :heated: :) :uhwhat :giggling: :hiding: ...See this what you done to meh...mentally disturbed...
But dont that hadeeth kinda contradict the other one?? :? :S
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam
Fi amanAllah x

Z
07-11-2006, 02:23 PM
If a kid understands and learns more about their faith by the use of animated images, then what can be the downpoint of this method?

IceQueen~
07-11-2006, 02:24 PM
yes there is so much knowledge you can gain from reading..
making pics also puts wrong ideas into one's head about how something is supposed to look like.

Z
07-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes, but not seeing how something looks likes can also create false images in the mind.

x Maz x
07-11-2006, 02:27 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Bismillah, Hope this reaches ya'll in the highest level of health and Iman InshAllah,
Regardless of whether it has benefits or not is it even permissable??...I mean hey look at alcohol, gets you all tipsy, gets ya on a high tis got some positives but it HARAM so one should refrain from drinking it likewise watching such films have their positivesbut are they permissable to watch? :?
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam
fi amanALlah x

Z
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Alcohol has benefits? Umm yeah, a good thing to treat fresh wounds, but other than that, it has none. Gettin' tipsy and high are not benefits.

Do you watch TV Maz?

x Maz x
07-11-2006, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Alcohol has benefits? Umm yeah, a good thing to treat fresh wounds, but other than that, it has none. Gettin' tipsy and high are not benefits.

Do you watch TV Maz?
AsalaamuAlaykum,
Well to the alkis out there, maybe, cause like it gets them all hyped up saves em from taking spliff or something likewise...I mean in small quantities? tastes good? i.e benefit...but its declared as haram...Well theretically they are benefits, to the youth, depends what perspective you see it from...

Ahh C'mon Z your going off-topic, this isnt like you :rollseyes ...
But for your information nah I think I pass seeing almost every program containing all sorts of filth with the fitnah left right centre up down all around :rollseyes ...Allah guide them all including myself...I do however occassionaly watch the news...aloada junk, all biased and 99% false :rollseyes ...Erm watch IC, Qiraat competition MashAllah bwess ma likl bredas/sisters for their efforts is wicked and Quranic recitiations and also IslamiQA when Sheik Khalid leadinng it is all tip taap but apart from that? nahh...Used to love Simpsons hehe but got over that Alhamdilullah...
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam
Fi amanAllah x

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Bismillah, Hpe this reaches ya in de highest level of health and Iman InshAllah,
Well True say but at times like these i feel like hijacking all threads and keeping ya'll hostage till someone gives me a clear answer backed up wit watnot...:rollseyes Raah Ill just go cry in the corna and play with ma ball of string :'(...Confuzled to de max :heated: :? :offended: :grumbling :statisfie :rant: :happy: :brother: :sister: :rollseyes +o( :heated: :) :uhwhat :giggling: :hiding: ...See this what you done to meh...mentally disturbed...
But dont that hadeeth kinda contradict the other one?? :? :S
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam
Fi amanAllah x
no Aisha RA had the pillowed with pictures on them, rasullulah saws tore up the pillow covers, the pieces were used as curtains. Allahu Allam! no controdiction though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.