/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What about a tattoo??

uzayyr
07-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Wasalaamu alaykum

When I still was a jahil I got a tattoo.
Does anyone know the ruling on this??

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-08-2006, 01:12 PM
:sl:

You repented right so don't worry about it but if you feel strongly about it and can afford to get it removed.

Tania
07-08-2006, 03:27 PM
"All efforts should be made to remove it.

However, if that is not possible, then there is nothing wrong. Sincere repentance should be made. "

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Source

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-08-2006, 03:31 PM
:salamext:
Narrated Humaid bin 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf,
that in the year he performed Hajj, he heard Mu'awiya bin Abi Sufyan, who was on the pulpit and was taking a tuft of hair from one of his guards, saying, "Where are your religious learned men? I heard Allah's Apostle forbidding this (false hair) and saying, 'The children of Israel were destroyed when their women started using this.'" Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah has cursed the lady who artificially lengthens (her or someone else's) hair and the one who gets her hair lengthened and the One who tattoos (herself or someone else) and the one who gets herself tattooed"
Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 816

Try your best to get it removed.
:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salah ad-din
07-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Tatoos are drawings. Therefore it is not permitted, as hadith forbids drawings of any living creature, and forbids us to mutilate our bodies.

bint_muhammed
07-08-2006, 04:51 PM
why is tatoo haram, what if its just like a symbol! arent you allowed it!

Looking4Peace
07-08-2006, 04:53 PM
if u did it before then dont stress it, just dont get one while you are muslim i think is whats stressed, and removing it is very expensive, painful and can cause a scar far more noticable then the tatoo, just ignore it.

Djinn
07-12-2006, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
why is tatoo haram, what if its just like a symbol! arent you allowed it!
Tattoos are haram for they represent an icon or are symbolic, other Muslims don't usually take kind to other Muslims with tatoos. You should try to get rid of it.

manaal
07-13-2006, 03:23 AM
If its going to cause you further pain and mutilate your body even more than now AND if going to be very expensive, why bother? You have repented right? Allah is merciful. You will be forgiven for the acts of ignorance you performed before (i take it you reverted to islam recenlty?) you became a Muslim.. or as you might put it: became enlightened.

Djinn
07-13-2006, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
If its going to cause you further pain and mutilate your body even more than now AND if going to be very expensive, why bother? You have repented right? Allah is merciful. You will be forgiven for the acts of ignorance you performed before (i take it you reverted to islam recenlty?) you became a Muslim.. or as you might put it: became enlightened.

I understand it is painful but it is generally not accepted in Islamic society. One who possesses a tattoo could run the risk of being labelled as a takfir by other Muslims due to perceptions because not all can possibliy be aware that he repented. So what is the main concern with this issue is not how Allah (stw) will judge the person since he repented but how the Muslim society will judge him. It is of lesser importance I agree, but people judge on perceptions.

:w:

manaal
07-13-2006, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Djinn

I understand it is painful but it is generally not accepted in Islamic society. One who possesses a tattoo could run the risk of being labelled as a takfir by other Muslims due to perceptions because not all can possibliy be aware that he repented. So what is the main concern with this issue is not how Allah (stw) will judge the person since he repented but how the Muslim society will judge him. It is of lesser importance I agree, but people judge on perceptions.

He could wear clothes to cover the tattoo so it could not be seen in public.

Djinn
07-13-2006, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
He could wear clothes to cover the tattoo so it could not be seen in public.

Yes that would be more appropiate, unless he has a tattoo on his face or hands.

Just to say tattoos are useless and do not amount to anything, perhaps only regret...like smoking, which I'm guilty of.

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 05:18 AM
Are you allowed to have tatoos which represent Islam?

I often see Christian tatoos.

Djinn
07-13-2006, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul

No tattoos of any kind, especially tattoos representing Islam. Unlike Christianity, in Islam-religious iconic images especially those inked on the skin are forbidden. Although some Muslims have been known to possess some but it is highly not recommended , especially when one lives in a society governed by the Sharia (Islamic law).

Rabi'ya
07-13-2006, 06:56 PM

the brother was saying he got a tattoo done before.....hes asking on rulings being that hes alerady got it...

mara and Umm Shaheed have given good answers...mashAllah

Rabi'ya:rose:

chacha_jalebi
07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul

the reason why, islamic tattoos r propa propa forbidden is cos when you go toilet, its disrespectful, to have Allah (swt) on ur arm and you take that in the toilet with you, so nope islamic ones aint allowed!:)

Hijrah
07-13-2006, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salah ad-din
Tatoos are drawings. Therefore it is not permitted, as hadith forbids drawings of any living creature, and forbids us to mutilate our bodies.
not just if it's a living thing u can have a tatoo of anything even inanimate, it's haraam to have markings on your body thats why

lfaridi
07-13-2006, 07:05 PM
asalamu alaykum brothers and sisters,

what about henna? it disappears in a few weeks but it is also considered body art. does anyone know the ruling of using henna for beautification on the hands and feet?

thank you
linda

Rabi'ya
07-13-2006, 07:08 PM

henna is permitted and is mentioned many times.However it is still not recommended to have picture of living things on u, or names of Allah...

inshAllah patterns are cool tho :)

Rabi'ya:rose:

uzayyr
07-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Jazak Allah khayr!

The answers have helped me, even though I myself am a bit frustrated over having it on my upper arm, I pray that Allah gives us all rizq, for me mainly to be able to afford a laserremoval inshaALLAH.

Brotherly love

//Uzayyr

ZOREENA
07-16-2006, 01:55 PM
If it was a reali bad thing...id rather just tattoo over it...rather than a big scar...but when u become Muslim...I think ur slate is wiped clean...it wasnt intentionally so inshallah u be ok....go with ur Heart and what u think is best!

bint_muhammed
07-23-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Djinn
Tattoos are haram for they represent an icon or are symbolic, other Muslims don't usually take kind to other Muslims with tatoos. You should try to get rid of it.
lol! no i dont have one, and aint planning on getting one! just wondering as to why it aint allowed!:)

r0ma
08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
I have a large one on my arm from before i converted.

Its not possible to remove, Due to size. Basicly from my wrist to my sholder.

I belive i will be fine. :peace:

Allah is most mercyful,

Do not be too conerned with judgment from the Umahh as stated above, The only judgment worth is of Allah.

DigitalStorm82
08-11-2006, 09:03 AM
My only advice is.. to conceal it much as you can... especially when in Salaah.

Welcome to Islam bro :)

May Allah grant you noor in this life and the next.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.