/* */

PDA

View Full Version : College Majors!! Got any ideas???????

Taqiyah
07-09-2006, 03:27 AM
A/c/w

I have always wanned to be a Pediatrician....I mean i loved it...I dreamt about becomin one. But then I made a lil research on this Job on the internet and asked few of my teachers about it...turns out it is a very low payin job and u got to deal with cryin babies everyday;D ....I love kids but they can be annoyin sometimes especially when they r btw the ages 2-4. :hiding:
now I am havin second thoughts about makin it My college major.
What do u guys think of Pediatricians?? and if there is any other college majors u would recommend, please do.:) It would be a great help. thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MUNIRAH
07-09-2006, 04:46 AM
Asalama Alaykum

Pediatricians are medical doctors who work with children and adolescents. It requires several years of education (medical school, internship and residency) after you receive your bachelor's degree.:sister:
I believe that college bound students who want to be doctors major in pre-med in college. I imagine in this country they are well paid, but not as well paid as doctors in other specialties.:)

Sis I think u should stick with it......u always loved becomin one right?:) I think in the end the money doesn't matter what matters is that u love ur job and do it with pride and no regrets:)

SASB
07-09-2006, 07:43 PM
i agree at the end of the day u could find a job with a brilliant pay, but one u will be miserable doing, if u will enjoy being a Pediatrician then go for it the pay dosen't matter

limitless
07-10-2006, 09:36 AM
:sl:

Sister, I suggest you become a Pediatrician because that is what you dreamed of and wanted to become one so go for it. Where I live, Canada, it's universities where you are able to get a degree, not a college. I want to become a genetic engineer but it is a contervisal program, so then I switched my thoughts to something to do with medical :) and of course accountanting i love that.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MUNIRAH
07-11-2006, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SASB
i agree at the end of the day u could find a job with a brilliant pay, but one u will be miserable doing, if u will enjoy being a Pediatrician then go for it the pay dosen't matter

Yea see.......all that matters is ur happiness:) y bother stressing on a job u not proud to do???:? I would say follow ur heart sis and ask Allah for guidance..........don't do anything u will regret:)
Best of luck:)

sweetbanana86
07-18-2006, 02:17 AM
yes sister become a pediatrician, the pay should actually be the last thing to worried about becuz if you are good and have good results then Allah ( swt) will reward you also peidatrician just don't work with babies they work everyone under the age 18

mahdisoldier19
07-18-2006, 02:19 AM
I was curious, i am going to Columbia University in Manhattan and was wondering if Becoming a lawyer is haram? I am going into the field of real estate law, however does it conflict with Islam to be a lawyer period?

sweetbanana86
07-18-2006, 02:26 AM
wa alaikum salam well i know a few muslims who are lawyers and judges and they seem very educated and sincere about islam and i don't believe they wont go against islam however lawyers are know for being greedy, liars , con -artist so just be mindful that Allah knows what's in your heart and sees you all time when you are doing everything just to win a case

Taqiyah
07-18-2006, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
I was curious, i am going to Columbia University in Manhattan and was wondering if Becoming a lawyer is haram? I am going into the field of real estate law, however does it conflict with Islam to be a lawyer period?

I really am not sure. I kinda agree with Sweetbanana86 lawyers are indeed known to be liars.......
I think u should ask a scholar or somebody educated:)
Wa laahu A'lam

mlsh27
07-19-2006, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
I really am not sure. I kinda agree with Sweetbanana86 lawyers are indeed known to be liars.......
I think u should ask a scholar or somebody educated:)
Wa laahu A'lam
Way to enhance that stereotype...

MUNIRAH
07-19-2006, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
Way to enhance that stereotype...

huh?:?

mlsh27
07-19-2006, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH
huh?:?
Enhancing the stereotype that lawyers are liars..so then by your logic, Muslims are generally terrorists. People who make comments such as yours, are the reason that stereotypes still exist. (By the way, that is not a stereotype that people who use stereotypes keep them in existance...there are many social psychology findings that have found such)

sweetbanana86
07-19-2006, 06:28 PM
I am sorry what did somebody say about sweetbanana, it's my opinion

mlsh27
07-20-2006, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweetbanana86
I am sorry what did somebody say about sweetbanana, it's my opinion
And you even talk in the 3rd person ....wow.

MUNIRAH
07-20-2006, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
Enhancing the stereotype that lawyers are liars..so then by your logic, Muslims are generally terrorists. People who make comments such as yours, are the reason that stereotypes still exist. (By the way, that is not a stereotype that people who use stereotypes keep them in existance...there are many social psychology findings that have found such)

uhmm........u mean lawyers don't lie to win a case,and lie to get the jury on their side.... There job is not about findin justice 4 their clients...is all about WINING the case.......is all about being pretty persuasive.... they want jurors who are 100% biased towards their side, 100% hostile to the other side....
Let me ask yah a question..........Do lawyers know 4 sure whether their clients r quilty or innocent of the crime???:? :? :?
Am not generalizing........but beleive me most of them r like that..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.