/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tierd of all the anti-islamic rhetoric

mujahedeen2087
07-09-2006, 05:54 AM
i dont know about you but i just feel sick to my stomach ever time i hear how islam is a religion of hate and Allah is a moon god(astagfirallah) muhammed had 20 wives all children. quran teaches to kill non muslims. muslims are stuck in the 6th century and all the other kind of bull**** im so pissed off next time i hear some ignorant fool say something like that i just want to slap them.:rant:

:rant:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
07-09-2006, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahedeen2087
i dont know about you but i just feel sick to my stomach ever time i hear how islam is a religion of hate and Allah is a moon god(astagfirallah) muhammed had 20 wives all children. quran teaches to kill non muslims. muslims are stuck in the 6th century and all the other kind of bull**** im so pissed off next time i hear some ignorant fool say something like that i just want to slap them.:rant:

Patience child...patience.

Regardless of whatever tribulations a believer goes through,He should always utter the word "ALLHUMDULILAH".

The best weapon to fight this war is to go out there and spread the word. Teach people about Islam.

And .. what i Dislike more than Non-muslims spreading anti-islamic rhetoric is Muslims who do everything and anything islamic and then cry "im following the quran and the sunnah..."..

..but i won't sing that song again in this thread.

Kheir,..ALlhumdulilah.

Dahir
07-09-2006, 06:02 AM
I thought that all the post-9/11 anti-Islamism was behind us, but then if you go to a couple of different political forums/sites, ESPECIALLY Pravda and FreeRepublic, you'll see that mainstream Americans/Europeans think we're out to get them and destroy modern culture.

Do they forgot that we took Europe out of the dark ages, introduced Math, Medicine, and what they call "European Culture and Art?" Most Americans/Europeans are fed this age-old Victorian-Anglo-Supremacist belief:

Under Western rule, you are under the control of educated, wealthy, cultured people who care about democracy and freedom. Under Islamic rule, you are under the totalitarian fascist control of Brown people who have superstitious 6th-Century habits and lifestyles.

Sad. Very sad.

mujahedeen2087
07-09-2006, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I thought that all the post-9/11 anti-Islamism was behind us, but then if you go to a couple of different political forums/sites, ESPECIALLY Pravda and FreeRepublic, you'll see that mainstream Americans/Europeans think we're out to get them and destroy modern culture.

Do they forgot that we took Europe out of the dark ages, introduced Math, Medicine, and what they call "European Culture and Art?" Most Americans/Europeans are fed this age-old Victorian-Anglo-Supremacist belief:

Under Western rule, you are under the control of educated, wealthy, cultured people who care about democracy and freedom. Under Islamic rule, you are under the totalitarian fascist control of Brown people who have superstitious 6th-Century habits and lifestyles.

Sad. Very sad.
all these people are so ignorant it makes me sick but also my fellow muslims have fallen away from islam makes me feel worse. while our brothers and siters are dying they are just laughing and watching MTV.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Anonymous.92
07-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Yeah I know how you feel brother. It is just sickening....

catmando
07-09-2006, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
...but i won't sing that song again in this thread..
Music is forbidden in Islam.:heated: ;D

Woodrow
07-09-2006, 06:59 PM
We have several choices in how we handle all the negative rhetoric.

We can be angered by it and react with retaliation

We can be angered by it and sit back in mindless acceptance

We can be angered by it, and try to learn why so many believe the hurtfull words.

We can be angered by it, and use it as an opportunity for Da'wah by living the truth

czgibson
07-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Do they forgot that we took Europe out of the dark ages, introduced Math, Medicine, and what they call "European Culture and Art?"
I agree with most of your points, but I wasn't aware that Muslims introduced European Culture and Art... Europeans did that.... centuries before Islam even existed.

Back on topic: I think that the best advertisement for Islam are Muslims (like those I've met) who set an example of devotion, charity and kindness that all people can learn from. That would be the best way to combat the anti-Islamic rhetoric that pollutes the airwaves. Wanting to slap people probably isn't.

Peace

Woodrow
07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I agree with most of your points, but I wasn't aware that Muslims introduced European Culture and Art... Europeans did that.... centuries before Islam even existed.

Back on topic: I think that the best advertisement for Islam are Muslims (like those I've met) who set an example of devotion, charity and kindness that all people can learn from. That would be the best way to combat the anti-Islamic rhetoric that pollutes the airwaves. Wanting to slap people probably isn't.

Peace
Very good thoughts czgibson. We do need to be more aware of how we live, so that we do not be seen as validating the very things we say we are not. A truthfull word given and shown in love will go much further then 1000 slaps.

scentsofjannah
07-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Shaykh Hamza Yusuf said ' if you want to be an instant bestseller, write a book lambasting Islam'

yeah he also said 'claim to be an apostate'...this he said is the trend nowadays..

more and more people of the opportunistic species(yes species) are jumping on the bandwagon to make some big bucks.

Disgusting people!! May the AllMighty disgrace all untruthful insincere materialistic unrepentant people ameen

GARY
07-09-2006, 08:52 PM

Yes, give them a real good slap. That will convince them that you are rational, educated, and civilized.

Muezzin
07-09-2006, 09:04 PM
To tell the truth, I think forums such as this can be part of the problem. It's very easy to lose it over the Internet, and then everyone thinks all Muslims are nutters.

I agree with Sir Zubair and Woodrow - patience is the key.

mujahedeen2087
07-10-2006, 02:48 AM
i know we need to be paticent. we need to set a good example for the non muslims and our fellow muslims. but my question is when? when are we going to start showing every one the true message of islam?

Woodrow
07-10-2006, 03:27 AM
i know we need to be paticent. we need to set a good example for the non muslims and our fellow muslims. but my question is when? when are we going to start showing every one the true message of islam?
We start doing that the minute we realise we are Muslim. We are not Muslim because we want to stop shaving, wear Mid-Eastern clothing and speak a language that is alien to our family and friends. We are Muslim for one reason only and that is because we love Allah(swt). To love Allah(swt) we do his will, we try to live as he wants us to live. We try to emulate his love of all of creation.

When we do that with all of our heart and do it only out of love for Allah(swt) and not to impress or please any one else. Allah(swt) will allow us to be used as instruements to show people what Islam is.

We may never know ourselves what people learn of Islam through us. That is not our concern. We do not do it to win reverts or as a show of piety, we do it only for the love of Allah(swt) and allow him to do with us as he chooses.

scentsofjannah
07-10-2006, 11:30 AM
i really dont think we should sit and moan about it...theres really very little we can do about the media since its owned by powerful people ..and often the media reflects the view of its owner..

What we can do is excercise our right to complain to a third party that oversees what tv channels /newspapers are up to

but i think the best thing would be to change peoples perceptions about Islam and Muslims locally..how many of you talk to your nonmuslim neighbours? how many of you participate in community activities? how can you show people what being muslim is all about? start with your community..talk to people about Islam..invite them to your homes for tea or lunch and then see the difference.

oh yeah..also id suggest you threw your tv too..if you dont want to be constantly reminded how Islam is portrayed in the media.

:w:

Asyur an-Nagi
07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
yea. be patient. that's their bait to catch our anger (and our anger will be another fresh bait).

bint_muhammed
07-10-2006, 10:33 PM
look sis noone said it'll be easy! if it was easy i would be more worried, thinking where is the test, the struggle! as mentioned above patients and teh way you practice islam, will overcome the ignorance!

Djinn
07-10-2006, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
Yes, give them a real good slap. That will convince them that you are rational, educated, and civilized.
Brothers,

Violence only begets violence. Do you think we are better than them by acting like them?

Salam Alaikum

mujahedeen2087
07-11-2006, 06:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
i really dont think we should sit and moan about it...theres really very little we can do about the media since its owned by powerful people ..and often the media reflects the view of its owner..

What we can do is excercise our right to complain to a third party that oversees what tv channels /newspapers are up to

but i think the best thing would be to change peoples perceptions about Islam and Muslims locally..how many of you talk to your nonmuslim neighbours? how many of you participate in community activities? how can you show people what being muslim is all about? start with your community..talk to people about Islam..invite them to your homes for tea or lunch and then see the difference.

oh yeah..also id suggest you threw your tv too..if you dont want to be constantly reminded how Islam is portrayed in the media.

that is great idea alhamdulilah but we need somthing to jumpstart this movement. does anyone have any ideas?

SirZubair
07-11-2006, 07:14 AM
that is great idea alhamdulilah but we need somthing to jumpstart this movement. does anyone have any ideas?

Yes,..i never run out of ideas..
Check This Out...

And remember.....

Don't hate the media,..become the media ;)

scentsofjannah
07-11-2006, 02:49 PM

make some brochures on your pc..inviting people to the local mosque..you can give the nonmuslims in your area.

get an educated person to tell them about Islam..the atmosphere should be very relaxed and people should feel comfortable...give them refreshments/food etc

you can also tell your friends to join you in this noble effort...

also next time the man from the electricity company comes to check ur metre..give him tea or make a scrumptious lunch and ask him to dig in.:statisfie

scentsofjannah
07-11-2006, 02:55 PM
i think its little things like these that will bring about positive changes...its really sad that we dont engage that much with other different people or wait for others to do that work when we could easily do it..

in the end lets remember da'wah by actions is better and we all know actions speak louder than words

Hijrah
07-11-2006, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
We have several choices in how we handle all the negative rhetoric.

We can be angered by it and react with retaliation

We can be angered by it and sit back in mindless acceptance

We can be angered by it, and try to learn why so many believe the hurtfull words.

We can be angered by it, and use it as an opportunity for Da'wah by living the truth
beautiful

and i'll go with the last one, believe it or not some Muslims are real dumb and help with the anti-islamic rhetoric, yes, riht here there are peope living in america that support retaliation instead of using it is an opportunity for Dawah which obviously only increases hate for Islam...

mujahedeen2087
07-12-2006, 05:49 AM
i wonder if our situation will only get worse until the mahdi comes. but i think everyone has had great input on this topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.