/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When The Moors Ruled In Europe

rubiesand
07-09-2006, 06:01 PM
A forgotton history is remembered in this documentary about Muslim rule in Spain.

link

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
07-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Jazak allah Khair sis.

searchingsoul
07-09-2006, 09:22 PM
They did have a beautiful and advanced society, that is without question. I'm going ask those of you interested enough in researching life in 15th century Muslim Spain to go one step further and research how Spain was converted to Islam.

At one point Christian Spain was conquered by Muslim forces. There are recorded atrocities involved with the conquest which shouldn't be ignored and helps one see the "other side" of the European unrest. I'm not saying that there weren't errors with Christian Spain. I'm simply suggesting that the atrocities associated with the Spanish conquest should not be ignored.

I'm sure that some of you know much more about this topic than I do, and would love to hear your imput. This is a relatively recent topic of research for me. I was originally under the impression that Muslims were treated poorly when ejected from Spain. I now am finding deeper issues which lead to the end of Muslim rule. It is quite fascinating!

rubiesand
07-09-2006, 09:58 PM
It is the archeological evidence that is provided which makes this documentary especially interesting; I do hope you will take the time to view it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
netprince
12-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Very good documentary.

yet another example of the european love for humanity and its tolerance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.