Brother_Mujahid
03-04-2005, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
DOOPY "doctor"

needs to go see some psychiatrist to sort her head out :omg:

kadafi
03-04-2005, 05:03 PM
:sl:

The state we're in and the path we're on.

Sahabiyaat
03-04-2005, 05:09 PM
:crickey:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
03-04-2005, 05:14 PM
is the stupid woman flippin mad..so much for her being so educated...those who seek to change the truth succeed..but only in their own hearts.

Genius
03-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Pretty dumb, but i think the men who followed were even dumber.

aamirsaab
03-04-2005, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
Pretty dumb, but i think the men who followed were even dumber.
lol...true...this woman s a bit whack isnt she?

h1jabi_sista
03-04-2005, 06:29 PM
:omg: i dont no what to say!! :thumbs_do im shocked!!

Brother_Mujahid
03-04-2005, 06:44 PM
poor guys, they attend another 2 of these jumuahs led by the doc and they risk having their hearts stamped.

Umm Yoosuf
03-04-2005, 08:12 PM
La hawla wa la quwwata illallaah! She should be ashamed of herself...wheres her hayaa gone. May Allah guide her.

WomanOfJihad
03-04-2005, 09:24 PM

ALLAHU AKBAR .. What has the Ummah cum up2 .. i never knew it wud go to such an extent where the MEN would have to pray behind a WOMAN SubhanAllah .... n the most surprising thing is ..the Lady Doctor regarding being Knowledgeable is YET not so vey clever ..i mean she shud know that forget leadn salah in OPEN but even RECITING QURAN infront of a ghair Mehram in loud is nt even allowed . this is realy disappointing ... n wat Have the men cup up2 .. didnt they know .. they r nt allowed to listen to the Women Reciting .didnt they know a woman leding Salah is unappropriate ... SubhanAllah ... May Allah swt guide us all to the Straight path ... as years are pasing by we r becomin more JAHIL from ISLAM .. VEry SAD INDEED ..

* Posters .. please refrain from using wrds like "stupid" / "Whack"/ " Flippin mad" or any other wrds which doesnt suit a MUSLIM .. i m sure we all want the forum to b Clean from such wrds .. n b a good example for each other inshAllah .. JAZAKAHUMULLAHU KHAIRAN *

:w:

h1jabi_sista
03-05-2005, 07:33 PM
i feel quite sad about this, :(
may allah subhana watha allah guide her and may he guide us all to the straight path inshallah, for allah alone is the guider.
ameen.

Noora_z3
04-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Woowwww...its sooo good...it states everything in my mind....very much true, once femals have enough slef-confidence and start having high self-esteem, this "gender equality" issue will be resolved. I remember an American writer sayin, very wise words, instead of mimicin men, femals should ask fo their real rights in the propfessional world, which are fewer working hours, since she is a mother, maternity leave, and higher payment. I will search for that articla, its a good one.

h1jabi_sista
04-06-2005, 10:15 AM
hummm intresting and very good read :)

Far7an
04-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Good Post :thumbs_up

Barakallahu feekum

Uthman
04-06-2005, 05:49 PM

Mash'Allah! Thats super! :)

BlissfullyJaded
04-06-2005, 08:52 PM

That was a wonderful read. Thanx for sharin bro. :thumbs_up

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Jazakallah 4 sharin brother. outstanding post

Noora_z3
04-07-2005, 09:04 AM
This is a nice artical, thought to share.

Arab News, 3rd of April, 2004
Feminist Agenda May Harm Muslim Women’s Interests
Faisal Sanai, faisalsanai@hotmail.com

On March 18, Amina Wadud, a professor of Islamic studies at Virginia Commonwealth University in New York, became the first Muslim woman to lead a mixed-gender congregational prayer. Predictably, it has stirred indignation and debate across all spectrums of the Muslim world.

Somehow, I doubt if the issue has been put to rest. The impetus that drives such issues derives its energy from the contemporary feminist ideals which, for the Western world, are essential ingredients of a civilized society. Moreover, there is certainly no shortage of like-minded activists willing to shoulder the feminist agenda of modern-day Islam.

The common cause within these educated women has been the desire to foment change within Islam that can somehow accommodate their feminist beliefs. While it may be difficult to identify with the standing definition of “feminism”, it is imperative that gender-equality be put under the spotlight of sociopolitical thought when intellectual freedom is being debated.

The trouble arises when religion is held hostage by individual beliefs and interpretations of religious texts, which over time excites calls to incorporate the same within theological teachings. Professor Wadud seems to be treading this “reformist” path. It begs the question whether politically correct gender-equality should assume precedence over acts of religious worship. The issue at hand is what Islam has to say on such matters.

Female imams have become yet another hammer of the secular and feminist elements to beat down the doors of mainstream traditional Islam. This issue has aligned itself with the secular movements within non-Islamic religions which, in turn, have reinterpreted theological jurisprudence in order to accommodate gender equality.

What is presently being solicited is for Shariah to show the same flexibility and accommodation that has been exhibited by various other religions.

There is no denying that female rights are being withheld in vast sections of the Muslim community. The Muslim world is rife with reports of subjugation and arbitrary dismissal of female individuality. Last month, news agencies extensively reported on the loathsome rape edict issued by a tribal council on Mukhtar Mai, a Pakistani lady. Similar ailments afflict the Saudi society where tradition has shackled the life of our female contemporaries. And, can Muslim societies continue to disregard the phenomenon of “honor killing” that plagues our moral backyard?

Certainly there can be no moral or religious justification for such tribalistic notions that have percolated into everyday-Islam. Having said this, I do not wish to confuse female emancipation with abrogation of religious norms and values that are firmly enshrined within Islamic law. The equality of sexes as envisaged by liberal Western movements professes gender equality on every aspect to the point that the gender differences become totally immaterial. This runs counter to our religious convictions where there is little scope to deny the role of gender in determining rights and responsibilities that are often diametrically opposed to the notion of gender equality.

The Islamic concept guarantees complete equality between man and woman but due to their inherent differing abilities, assigns different roles and responsibilities, both in societal and individual life. Imitating each other’s responsibilities is superfluous and quite frankly imparts the idea of male superiority in what they do where none exists. In Islam, men and women are equal before God and this equality of stature does not equate to uniformity of roles. We simply cannot interchange these roles based on our individual needs and societal compulsions. The problem arises when the outside world views this Islamic concept as being sexist, leading some Western-educated Muslim women to imbibe their ideals from a feminist perspective. Such ideals do not have a place in Islam.

It is likely that gender justice, for such women, would be the equivalent of a reformed version of Islam that becomes the arbiter to their preconceived feminist values. However, matters of faith dictate that religion cannot be answerable to social norms. On the contrary, society must conform to religious norms. The emancipation of Muslim women can only be guaranteed when due Islamic rights are delivered as they are enshrined within our religion. Amina Wadud’s efforts can only be described as counter-productive when her approach remains confrontational. Her actions are a subversive overreaction to the way Muslim women are denied their rights in some segments of our society.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I haven't read Sis Noora's article yet, but I think that Br. zAk's artice is excellent.

Maybe we could add it to the main site? It does an excellent job of reppelibng stereotypes about Muslim women.

sheikh nazim
05-17-2005, 07:39 PM
"...TO break religious traditions, female worshippers lined up in the first rows, saying they had broken what they have called "limitations imposed by extremists against women in the mosques treating their spiritual rights unjustly".

Many of the women in attendance were modestly dressed and, in accordance with Islamic tradition, covered their hair with the hijab, or headscarf. But others shunned the scarf and wore form-fitting jeans or pants."

This is playing the scrit of the DEVIL WHO WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO HURT ISLAM AND ITS FOLLOWERS.
The idea that a human will imagine that he or she can change God s law or decree over creations and issues is not fordivable...if you feel that GOD S LAWS ARE OLD FASHIONED, then make your own and live by such laws.
It is unacceptable for any one to claim to be muslim and try to change God's laws to fit/suite him/her.
You could form your own religion and have your own laws and call your religion the name you want...NO QUALMS.

BUT ISLAM AS REVEALED BY ALLAH, [TO WHOM BE PRAISE] ENJOINED THE UMMA TO SUBMIT TO THE WILL OF ALLAH.
Who created you? Who granted you your body, your eyes, or the color of your hair? Who determined the shape of your body or the color of your eyes? Who created all other people, the heavens, Earth, and every living being in between? Who determined the order of the planets, the Sun, and the stars in the depths of space?

Your answers to all these questions will be the same: “Allah.” When asked to other people, they will also answer: “Allah.” Indeed, Allah informs us in the Qur'an that people will confess this fact, as follows:

If you ask them: “Who created the heavens and Earth and made the Sun and Moon subservient?” They will say: “Allah.” So how have they been deluded [away from the truth]? ( Surat al-‘Ankabut, 29:61)

So, how well do you know our Creator, Who planned you and the entire universe with a delicate equilibrium? Are you aware that He sees and hears you every moment and knows your every act? Where do you think Allah is? Did He create you and then leave you to your own devices? Does He tell you how to live? Can you see Him? Has anyone talked with Him? What other creatures did He create? What kind of a life does He promise after death?

WHO IN HIS RIGHT SENSES WILL QUESTIONS THE ALMIGHTY WHO KNOWS ALL THINGS...BEFORE, NOW AND THE FUTURE?
BEFORE LONG, WE SHALL BE SEEING WOMEN LEADING PRAYERS IN MINIS AND SLEEVE LESS TOP...THE CULTURE OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT IS NOT SAME WITH THE ISLAMIC CULTURE.
THE MODE OF DRESSING YOU SEE TODAY IN AMERICA WAS NOT SO YEARS BACK BUT ISLAM HAS STOOD TIME FOR GOD WHO CREATED YOU KNOWS CERTAINLY WHATS BEST FOR YOU.
SO, IF YOU BEEN BRAINWASHED, NO MATTER THE PRICE, PLS KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES...DO NOT INTERPRET THE SCRIPTURES TO SUITE YOUR HUMAN DESIRE.
REMEMBER THE GROUP OF WOMEN THAT FASHIONED THEIR OWN BIBLE? WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM IS NO STRANGER.

sheikh nazim
05-17-2005, 07:41 PM
It Just Shows What Time We Are Living In - Times Of Fitna!!!
May Allah (swt) Protect Us From This Amin!

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-17-2005, 07:58 PM

Threads merged.

sheikh nazim
05-24-2005, 11:00 PM
[B]

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I HAVE TO WARN YOU AGAINST SOMETHING!

the issuse which happened recently about a woman leading the friday prayer it is on this site www.muslimwakeup.com they were the people reposibile for doing the outragous, innovation and curruption. i accidentlly stumbled upon it!!!!when you go on it you will see they praise the woman who lead the prayer

they are also organising more of this outragous, satanic practices please go to it and put across your hatred for what they are doing by signing the guest book, to let these munafiks know of what you think, so they stop this satanic practice.

you will see this website has a wired feeling when you go to it, it makes you want to punish all these people (munafiks).

they are out to destroy islam, fill it with innovation and satanic practices we must make a stand and destroy them brothers and sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!
please let as many people know as you can.

Muhammad
05-24-2005, 11:03 PM

May Allaah guide them Insha'Allaah.

Muhammad
05-24-2005, 11:08 PM

I tried filling out an 'endorsement' form but it didnt seem to work...is it because I didnt fill in all the boxes? It just said page could not be displayed..

sheikh nazim
05-24-2005, 11:08 PM
yes thats true but we have to let them know that they are doing a wrong thing. and that they must stop before this gets out of hand, then others start following in their foot steps, because thats how fitnah (corruption) starts when a group does something which is againts islam and then nobody seems to say any thing against, it then others start to follow.

Henry
05-25-2005, 01:59 AM
I am sorry, what is wrong with women leading prayers? I just heard about this and saw peoples reactions. I think I am missing something. Also I am not informed that much on the subject. Could someone please clue me in? Thanks :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Threads merged. (again!!)

Sheikh Nazim, please continue this dicussion here.

Br. Henry, you can read the earlier posts in this thread and if there still is any confusion, please do not hesitate to ask. :)

Some good posts:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showpost...9&postcount=13
http://www.islamicboard.com/showpost...3&postcount=20

Halima
07-03-2005, 04:14 AM
Salaam brothers and sisters,

I wanted to take this time today to correct the mis-interpretation of some sisters regarding congregation prayers. Who is supposed to lead them; etc: As I am aware and perhaps the rest of you know that there are some mis-guided sisters who have lead the congregational prayers in the past. Which is not right. Unfortunatley they need the clarification that males and only males can do it. This tradition has been going on for thousands of years and it is only today that they are going to break that tradition? May Allah(swt) guide them to their right minds. I have read about this before and I had never got the chance to speak my mind pertaining to this matter. Therefore, I use this opportunity to speak it. Any brothers and sisters are open to this discussion. (inshallah) There is a ahadith that gives them the clarification that only males can do it. When I read the article that when that one sister lead the prayers in addition to that there were males standing behind her astaghfirallah. They should've spoken up and let her know that is a brother's job. Especailly in big islamic communities when congregation prayers are taking place it is vital that a male has to lead.

i
i
i
i
i
v

In the act of congregational prayers with both sexes, a man has to lead the congregational prayer. This has been mandated from the time of Abraham with no change. Any change now will be an innovation. A women leading a group or congregational prayer, is a detail that is not mentioned in the Quran, similar to the absence of details concerning rituals of our religious practices. A woman leading a congregational prayer with men present would be a "religious" innovation that contradicts God's system that was inherited and fully preserved since Abraham. The Quran strongly condemns innovation (6:138-140, 7:53, 7:71, 12:40, 16:56, 46:28).

Uthman
07-03-2005, 03:44 PM

Good reminder. :) No-one can argue with that!

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Threads merged.

Halima
07-03-2005, 11:58 PM
hmmmm okkkay :-\

Ibn Syed
07-04-2005, 12:03 AM
I just think this is plain wrong as the prophet never said that women should lead and nothin in the Quran states that. Its a little wierd.

Abdul Fattah
07-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Selam aleykum
Before comenting here let me start off by saying I know little about this topic and have no strong opinion on it, but simply intend to find out more about it. Just so nobody would feel offended, regard my post as a question rather then a statement.

First of all what source (qur'an/hadieth) are used to rule on wether or not this is alowed.
Secondly, I'm told that there would be a hadieth that stated that prophet muhammed (peace be upon him) alowed a woman to lead prayer (once). Is this a fabricated hadieth? Or was this an exeptional case?

Halima
07-04-2005, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
First of all what source (qur'an/hadieth) are used to rule on wether or not this is alowed.

To answer this bit of your question:

In the act of congregational prayers with both sexes, a man has to lead the congregational prayer. This has been mandated from the time of Abraham with no change. Any change now will be an innovation. A women leading a group or congregational prayer, is a detail that is not mentioned in the Quran, similar to the absence of details concerning rituals of our religious practices. A woman leading a congregational prayer with men present would be a "religious" innovation that contradicts God's system that was inherited and fully preserved since Abraham. The Quran strongly condemns innovation (6:138-140, 7:53, 7:71, 12:40, 16:56, 46:28).

Secondly, I'm told that there would be a hadieth that stated that prophet muhammed (peace be upon him) alowed a woman to lead prayer (once). Is this a fabricated hadieth? Or was this an exeptional case?

It is only allowed for a woman to pray if there is a group of other women, and there is no male leader to lead the prayers. That is the only time ever that a woman can lead the prayers. However, she can never lead prayers in front of non-mahram males because to this point it is then considered haraam. This is where this rule prescribed in the hadith that all women must pray behind males.

1) Imam (male leader)
2) men
3) women
4) children

That's the order prescribed in the hadith. However, in the Quran it says that we should pray 5x times a day, but it doesn't say exactly which order. This order here is prescribed in the hadith, and it was highly recommend by Prophet Muhammed (saw). Theer are plenty of reasons why a women cannot lead the prayers. Let alone the fact that she cannot say the ad'han, it is strictly forbidden. The reason why it is so is because her voice can cause (awrah) temptation amongst the men.

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-04-2005, 11:46 AM
I'll just post some relevant links insha'Allah:
http://www.islaam.net/main/display.p...384&category=7
http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaappl...FatwaID=122881
http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaappl...FatwaID=122868

Preacher
07-13-2005, 06:08 AM

The following article is from a completely different angle, please read it.

Pseudo-Muslims, Pseudo-Events and True Cries of Foul

Preacher

Ummu Amatullah
07-16-2005, 11:07 PM
I applause this sister for stepping up but i don't think that she did it in the right manner

Idris
11-28-2005, 01:47 AM

One of the Anti Islam website I was looking at…how should I answer back?

why are there no women imams in islam ?

USA (March 18, 2005)
NOTE: The incident discussed in this item got a lot of news coverage, but all of the above instances pre-date the congregation in New York described in this section.
In early 2005, it was announced that Amina Wadud, an African American Muslim, and a professor of Islamic studies at Virginia Commonwealth University, would lead a congregation in Friday salat prayer in New York, sponsored by the Muslim Women's Freedom Tour, [12] under the leadership of Asra Q. Nomani, and by the website "Muslim WakeUp!". The Assembly of Muslim Jurists in America responded by issuing a fatwa reiterating the traditional view: "A unanimous consensus for the entire Ummah (Muslim community) in the east and west [is] that women can not lead the Friday prayer nor can they deliver the [sermon]. Whoever takes part in such a prayer, then his prayer is nullified, whether he was an Imam or a follower." Supporters of the event insisted that, to the contrary, it was a long overdue change; Khaled Abou El-Fadl, professor of Islamic Studies at UCLA, California (apparently unaware of previous cases of women leading mixed congregations), said that "What the fundamentalists are worried about is that there's going to be a ripple effect not just in the U.S. but all over the Muslim world. The women who are learned and frustrated that they cannot be the imam are going to see that someone got the guts to break ranks and do it."

mahdisoldier19
11-28-2005, 02:05 AM
hmmm an issue i wish i had an answer to

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-28-2005, 04:01 AM
:sl: Idris,
Threads merged. Inshaa'Allah you'll find the answers in this thread.

Snowflake
03-16-2006, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idris

One of the Anti Islam website I was looking at…how should I answer back?

why are there no women imams in islam ?

USA (March 18, 2005)
NOTE: The incident discussed in this item got a lot of news coverage, but all of the above instances pre-date the congregation in New York described in this section.
In early 2005, it was announced that Amina Wadud, an African American Muslim, and a professor of Islamic studies at Virginia Commonwealth University, would lead a congregation in Friday salat prayer in New York, sponsored by the Muslim Women's Freedom Tour, [12] under the leadership of Asra Q. Nomani, and by the website "Muslim WakeUp!". The Assembly of Muslim Jurists in America responded by issuing a fatwa reiterating the traditional view: "A unanimous consensus for the entire Ummah (Muslim community) in the east and west [is] that women can not lead the Friday prayer nor can they deliver the [sermon]. Whoever takes part in such a prayer, then his prayer is nullified, whether he was an Imam or a follower." Supporters of the event insisted that, to the contrary, it was a long overdue change; Khaled Abou El-Fadl, professor of Islamic Studies at UCLA, California (apparently unaware of previous cases of women leading mixed congregations), said that "What the fundamentalists are worried about is that there's going to be a ripple effect not just in the U.S. but all over the Muslim world. The women who are learned and frustrated that they cannot be the imam are going to see that someone got the guts to break ranks and do it."
I believe it is best to keep away from anti islam sites. That time could be better spent improving one's own deen. YOu can't change their overall view of Islam. And it's not as if they really want to know why women can't lead prayers, but just to redicule islamic law. My opinion is that
nobody should waste their time on these sites. Islam can defend itself. We don't need to tell them why we can or can't do something. Let them do their own research. They also insult our religion there knowing muslims see it and respond. I strongly recommend to keep well away from them. Why even give them the satisfaction!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.