/* */

PDA

View Full Version : People look up to me

AnonymousPoster
07-09-2006, 11:28 PM
:sl:
I been practising for quite a while now Alhamdullah! I spread the word of Islam when ever i can and today my cousin told me how many people are looking up to me. Apparently some brothers and sisters have been talking about me. I am bit scared by this because i dont want to be a hypocrite and i have *slipped* this couple of days by not thinking of Allah swt as much I should. I am glad i can make a difference but I am not as perfect as people think i am quite upset if this makes sense.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Only you know yourself. None of us can be too concerned about what others say about us. Whether they are speaking good or if they are speaking bad. Be thankfull for the comments and continue to live to the best of your ability. You only need to please Allah(swt). We can only use the words of others as a rough guide to see how we are performing. We need to look for incentives to do more. Listen to the comments and if you feel you are not living up to them, use them as a guide to do better.

Mawaddah
07-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Masha'allah it's good for you sis/bro!! Alhamdulillah Allah gave you the strength to give people Da'wah and that's a blessing alhamdulillah.
However sis, like how Bro Woodrow said, leave peoples judgements to themselves and dont let them affect you whether they be good or bad. Just as long as your intention is sincere that's what's important Insha'allah. However do not leave off your good deeds just because you are afraid of Riyaa'!!. That is only but one of the tricks of the Shaytaan to cause to stop doing good deeds under the muse that you are 'fearful' of Riyaa'. Just make your heart clean insha'allah and focus all of your concentration on Allah.

May Allah make things easy for you Amin

Isra
07-10-2006, 01:31 AM
If you did 'slip-up' these past days, don't worry about what the people who 'look up' to you think, just worry about what Allah (swt) will think and repent.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
07-10-2006, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I been practising for quite a while now Alhamdullah! I spread the word of Islam when ever i can and today my cousin told me how many people are looking up to me. Apparently some brothers and sisters have been talking about me. I am bit scared by this because i dont want to be a hypocrite and i have *slipped* this couple of days by not thinking of Allah swt as much I should. I am glad i can make a difference but I am not as perfect as people think i am quite upset if this makes sense.

and whatever you do, dont left the shaytan make you think along the lines of 'im doing this too show off/as a hypocrtye etc so i better stop doing it cos its sinful'... be careful!! thats just the stupid devil trying to stop you from doing a good deed, but at the same time make sure you try to keep your intentions pure inshaallah.:)

cleo
07-10-2006, 01:39 AM
My mother, said, never put yourself down, there is enough people doing that for you, but never rise above your self, someone will knock you down. When someone talks about you, good or bad, you are remembered. Some people never are. Keep the special thoughts, in your heart, and you become a special person, in God's eyes. That is all that matters. What Allah sees.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.