/* */

PDA

View Full Version : India and Pakistan?????

inklink98
05-25-2005, 12:59 AM
I am from India and currently in America but when i was back there in a lot of the masjids women were not allowed to attend the Jummah prayer and I have heard from some people that it is like that in some places in pakistan also. Can someone explain to me why this is? It has been bothering me for a long time now and i haven't been able to find an answer!!!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
05-25-2005, 09:59 AM
:sl:

i think it india pakistan culture
rightfully women should not be prevented from going to the masjid

dont worry over here its same :( if i went to the masjid i would be doing somethign *haram* and i would be a *cursed woman*

thats the indian masjids though.
now there is a grand masjid about 25mins away and theres separate section for women to pray ..never been...yet

i think it should be allowed even if its a small room for women..we should be allowed to pray. i mean kafir men...who are not clean..they are allowed..they are WELCOMED big time but women..no way

Ra`eesah
05-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

i dont see whats wrong with women going to the masjid? As long as they are dressed properly and coming for the right reasons... The sahabeyats used to do it, why cant we?

MetSudaisTwice
05-25-2005, 12:01 PM
yes sis thats true, though in ome country inequality and discrimination is still at its peak

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
niqaabii
05-25-2005, 02:51 PM
i prefer reading at home
whats the point of women going out to pray when praying at home is much better for em and they get more reward for praying home

Noora_z3
05-25-2005, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
not all do tht !

didn't u read tht link i gave ??
it has some points :
So its "Better" for a woman to pray at home....

Salam

thats right, it is preferable in Islam for women to pray at home, but I think going to the mosque on Jumma so to hear the khutbah is a very good thing, and women should not be prevented from doing so.

Nevertheless, every mosque should have atleast a small room for sisters, in case she was out of her house durin prayer time. Happend with me in India, i went with my sis to a clinic coz her daughter was so sick, it was maghrib prayer time and I just didnt want to miss the prayer, i looked around and didnt see one suitale place for prayer...so I went to nearby mosque, of course they didnt have a ladies section, I saw a certain place for kids to pray, so I went and stod there.. :D ..kids ran away from me thinkin that i was some crazy girl.....some adults gatherd behind me and I heard them whisperin in all worried voice...and I kept tellin myself, no one can stop me from enterin and prayin in Allah's house...Alhamdullila..I managed to pray without faintin... :p

inklink98
05-25-2005, 03:24 PM
well, see i did some more research and what i found out was that once idia and pakistan were one country and there were muslims and hindus. Later the two nations split up into what we now call india and pakistan and from what i hear, in the hindu culture women aren't really allowed to do much and i'm guessing that the hindu culture got mixed in with islam and i beleive women should be allowed to go to the mosque, espessially on jumaah prayer to hear the khutbah and i feel it isn't right to not allow women into the mosques. Inshallah we will learn and soon some changes will be made.

inklink98
05-25-2005, 10:28 PM
To the Masjid. I guess the reason they don't let women in to the masjid is because they don't know. They just always thought women wern't allowed in the masjid, and "some changes will be made."

Ibn Syed
05-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Since when were women not alloed in a masjid? That's just crazy. Especially for a muslim country.

inklink98
05-25-2005, 10:36 PM
I heard from like three or four people that it was like that somewhere in pakistan(i'm not from pakistan so i'm not sure where) and in india it is like that in most places.

Ibn Syed
05-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Really? I never knew that.

S_87
05-26-2005, 01:19 PM

yes it is very much an india pakistan culture thingy

MetSudaisTwice
05-26-2005, 01:24 PM
if only if people understood that men and women are equal

Z
05-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

It isn't a culture thing, it's been put into action as you can see from the hadith brother Zak kindly posted.

Besides, women are so loud these days.

S_87
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul
Asalamu Alaikum

Besides, women are so loud these days.

*women are so loud nowadays*

so does that mean they should be totally banned
men talk in the masjid too..not only women

MetSudaisTwice
05-26-2005, 01:31 PM
true, that was a good point sis

Z
05-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Try keep a cool head for once and think twice about what I said.

S_87
05-26-2005, 01:42 PM
ive thought over what you said and i still dont see why women should be banned
put it this way

we have a lot of muslim men.
how many actually go to the masjid?
the devoted
not all of them
now women...do all women pray their salah? will all women go to pray in the masjid....? no
which women would be going most?

Z
05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

i still dont see why women should be banned
Hmm, is that what I said now? I don't think you have thought over it again.

In fact, that last comment has nothing to do with what's on the agenda here. So how in the world do you think you have understood what I said? Think about it.

S_87
05-26-2005, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul
Asalamu Alaikum

Hmm, is that what I said now? I don't think you have thought over it again.

In fact, that last comment has nothing to do with what's on the agenda here. So how in the world do you think you have understood what I said? Think about it.

ok so if theres some double meaning to what your saying maybe you should just say it in plain words ?

MetSudaisTwice
05-26-2005, 02:05 PM
salam
ok i think enough now, there should be no arguing especially between a muslim sis and a bro

inklink98
05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Muslim women should definetly be allowed to go to mosque, espesiially on friday so they can hear the Khudbah and not allwoing them to go is completly unfair.

Bin Qasim
05-26-2005, 04:31 PM

I guess there is nothing else to discuss :p

1. Why you wanna pray in masjid when Prophet pbuh already said what is more pleased to Allah? :omg:

2. Khutbah: U can hear online :D . Now when prophet has said that women can pray at home that means Khutba is not necessary for you, is it?

That being said, women NOt being allowed in masjids is completely wrong. Its not obligatory for them to go, but India and Pakistan have gone to an extreme...

A7med
05-26-2005, 06:20 PM
people says thay get more reward prayin at home

thc
05-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Some women get socially isolated in the house particularly in the uk. Therefore they go for jumma/taraweeh for the spiritual upliftment as they are with other practicing muslims.

MetSudaisTwice
05-27-2005, 01:37 PM
salam
yes bro that is true, but most couples go to mosque together

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.