/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Sister..

Umar001
07-10-2006, 01:41 PM
..Salam Aleykum Wa Rahmetulahi Wa Berekatu.

As the end of the academic year draws close, it has been a year of great learning, not about science or maths or english but the most Important knowledge that of Islaam. With a couple of brothers hosting lunchtime lessons, sharing knowledge of the conditions of shahada and fundamentals of tauheed to the frequently asked questions on Islaam. At my college alone we have encountered a couple of people taking their testimony of faith.

Personally I know of at least 3 take their shahada in my college this past year, and I have heard of many friends of their taking shahada too, I decided to write this to inform fellow muslims that a couple of nights ago another sister too shahada at the masjeed.

On top of this many non-practising muslims have also returned to the masjids and are slowly regaining Islam not by name but by action.

Salam Aleykum Wa Rahmetulahi Wa Berekatu

EDIT:

On my way to work I saw a friend I had not seen since secondary school, about 3 years or so and I had always thought he was Muslim, since he is from an easter european place, So I began talking to him and was eager to tell him about my reversion, and little that I knew I asked are you muslim and he said yea, so I thought hmm, and then while talking about the death of his sister I somehow asked is your family Muslim and he replied no.

Takbeer, Allahu Akbar, then I realised that he was a revert and Alhamdulilah Inshallah I took his number and we plan on going masjid together soon.

Thought I'd share this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh!

Allahu Akbar! Masha Allah thats excellent news. May Allah grant her Jannah. Insha Allah keep up the good dawah at your college...Its very exciting when someone take the Shahada...

bint_muhammed
07-10-2006, 10:28 PM
wow! mashallah!

hidaayah
07-11-2006, 01:21 AM
:sl:
MashaAllah! Allahu Akbar!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Anonymous.92
07-11-2006, 04:08 AM
Mashallah!!

Hijaabi22
07-11-2006, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
..Salam Aleykum Wa Rahmetulahi Wa Berekatu.

As the end of the academic year draws close, it has been a year of great learning, not about science or maths or english but the most Important knowledge that of Islaam. With a couple of brothers hosting lunchtime lessons, sharing knowledge of the conditions of shahada and fundamentals of tauheed to the frequently asked questions on Islaam. At my college alone we have encountered a couple of people taking their testimony of faith.

Personally I know of at least 3 take their shahada in my college this past year, and I have heard of many friends of their taking shahada too, I decided to write this to inform fellow muslims that a couple of nights ago another sister too shahada at the masjeed.

On top of this many non-practising muslims have also returned to the masjids and are slowly regaining Islam not by name but by action.

Salam Aleykum Wa Rahmetulahi Wa Berekatu
MASHAALLAH!!

Sunflower
07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
mashallah and may allah increase our knowledge and reward us with jannah inshallah.

------
07-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Masha'Allah. :)

IceQueen~
07-11-2006, 01:34 PM
I've always wanted to personally watch soemone take the shahadah..
subhanallah

the other one
07-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Expose my ignorance! I am not a Muslim. What is Shahadah? I get a general idea from reading these posts, but would like a clear definition.

Thanks.

Umu 'Isa
07-12-2006, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by the other one
Expose my ignorance! I am not a Muslim. What is Shahadah? I get a general idea from reading these posts, but would like a clear definition.

Thanks.
Hi the other one,
The shahada is the declaration of faith. One must recite the shahada to convert to Islam. The shahada is declaring that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His servant and messenger.

please see here for basic islamic terms

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.