/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does any one know a gud doctor who does circumcision in sheffield?

Daffodil
07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Asalamulaikum

How much does he charge, does he come to ur house or do u have to go there etc etc, any info wud be great.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
07-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Daf, try the Muslim Directory. I'm sure they'd have a few listings in there.

Daffodil
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
I did do n they didnt have any one from sheffield.

Sis786
07-11-2006, 02:05 PM
In Birmingham the famous Dr Naseem is good you can get him on the Central Mosque num and see whether he can come to Sheff!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
07-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the NHS do it too.

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Do they circumcise at the hospital?

Dahir
07-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Don't standard hospitals do circumcisions when boys are born?

Well, in the "East" you have to buy it when you get the money, so most boys get circumcized at age 4 or 5, but in the West, boys get it standard.

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Don't standard hospitals do circumcisions when boys are born?

Well, in the "East" you have to buy it when you get the money, so most boys get circumcized at age 4 or 5, but in the West, boys get it standard.
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Daffodil lived in England. I'd think that circumcision would be available at the hospital.

Dahir
07-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Daffodil lived in England. I'd think that circumcision would be available at the hospital.
Same here. Its usually not just available, its standard procedure before infant boys are allowed to leave hospitals, at least here it is.

Sis786
07-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Daffodil sis i found this article dont know whether it helps!
Click Here

Tania
07-13-2006, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Same here. Its usually not just available, its standard procedure before infant boys are allowed to leave hospitals, at least here it is.
Do you want to say in Europe the standard procedure in the hospital is to make circumsion to each boy:?

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
im living in england sheffield, so what they do in other countries is of no help to me.

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
im living in england sheffield, so what they do in other countries is of no help to me.
That makes sense. After reading your thread I became surprised that England hospitals may not offer this procedure. Just out of curiosity, is this true?

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 07:55 PM
hi searching soul, ive heard that they do it on the nhs, one of my friends was telling me because what happens is that some of these amature doctors that work in private keep doing barge ups with the ops leading the nhs to have to sort out their barge ups which was costing too much so therefore provide it free on the nhs but i heard theres some long waiting list or something, ive gotta find out, i asked my midwife but she didnt have a clue which i think is daft because surely in her line of work it must be a common questions especialy cuz theres loads of muslim ppl who go to that surgery.

any ways ill have to find out if they provide the service at any hospitals in sheff. i guess ill have to google it or something.

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 09:04 PM
hi searching soul, ive heard that they do it on the nhs, one of my friends was telling me because what happens is that some of these amature doctors that work in private keep doing barge ups with the ops leading the nhs to have to sort out their barge ups which was costing too much so therefore provide it free on the nhs but i heard theres some long waiting list or something, ive gotta find out, i asked my midwife but she didnt have a clue which i think is daft because surely in her line of work it must be a common questions especialy cuz theres loads of muslim ppl who go to that surgery.

any ways ill have to find out if they provide the service at any hospitals in sheff. i guess ill have to google it or something.
That's interesting. Your thread made me curious so I did some searches about circumcision. It looks like England doesn't opt to circumcise as much as we do in the USA. Over hear people opt for the procedure more often than not, regardless of religion. I learn something every day....:) good luck in your search for a doctor, and the delivery in general:)

furyX721
07-14-2006, 02:41 AM
What's the use of even doing that? It's scientifically proven that you will not be protected from disease if you're circumcised. They did tests and it proves that there is no use of that. I can't give you proof because 1) I don't wanna search it online, i'm too lazy and 2) My health teacher told me this during the previous semester.

Malaikah
07-14-2006, 02:44 AM
Excuse me? Circumcision for males is compulsory in Islam. Who cares whats science says? God said do it, so do it, no if's no but's.

furyX721
07-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Excuse me? Circumcision for males is compulsory in Islam. Who cares whats science says? God said do it, so do it, no if's no but's.
Can you show me proof? I'm not saying that I don't believe you but I wanna see proof. And if it is compulsory, how come they dont circumcise babies when they are born in pakistan? I never heard of anyone doing that.

saidaharther
07-14-2006, 06:27 AM
salam alaikum

the hadith say
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The actions of the fitrah are five: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, trimming the moustache, clipping the nails and plucking the armpit hairs.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5441; Muslim, 377.

furyX721
07-14-2006, 01:54 PM
OK, but how come they don't circumcise babies born in Pakistan? I'm asking about Pakistan because that's the only country I know about.

Daffodil
07-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Well if they dnt circumsize baby boys in pakistan then indeen they are sinning.

Sis786
07-14-2006, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by furyX721
OK, but how come they don't circumcise babies born in Pakistan? I'm asking about Pakistan because that's the only country I know about.
Of course they do i was in Pakistan 3 years ago and my cousins boy was done, i havnt heard of cases where boys aint cicumcised in Pakistan

p.s DAFFODIL sorry me boycotting ur thread

furyX721
07-14-2006, 02:45 PM
hmm. I don't understand. I believe you that they circumcise babies in Pakistan now. But me and my family, cousins etc... never got circumsised.

Daffodil
07-14-2006, 02:47 PM
well u best look into getting it done even reverts have to get done.

Sis786
07-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah Bro best to get it done it seems that your elders may not have been islamically tuned!

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by furyX721
:sl:

Ha Ha Ha unluckly I remember when I was a kid when I got my done oh the pain I feel sorry for you bro, lol jokes aside you should get it done.

Sis786
07-14-2006, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Ha Ha Ha unluckly I remember when I was a kid when I got my done oh the pain I feel sorry for you bro, lol jokes aside you should get it done.
Ok u really are helping in getting this done!:rollseyes

searchingsoul
07-14-2006, 03:41 PM
well u best look into getting it done even reverts have to get done.
Ouch! I definitely did not know this!

furyX721
07-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah Bro best to get it done it seems that your elders may not have been islamically tuned!
No that is not the case. My family has and is really Islamic. Especially my grandfather. And do you HAVE to get it done? What is the reason behind this?

Tania
07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
What happens if the mother is not agreed with the procedure and the father would like too? I want to say in the hospital to do it, the doctors needs the both signature, right? Its not enough only one parent, right?

scentsofjannah
07-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Sister Daffodil make sure they do it with scissors instead of a machine...ive watched a documentary about this boy who was circumcised with a machine and his whole thing came off..truly tragic

Daffodil
07-14-2006, 09:03 PM
No that is not the case. My family has and is really Islamic. Especially my grandfather. And do you HAVE to get it done? What is the reason behind this?
its a religious obligation, some one on here has already given u the hadith regarding this. the practice started off with ibraheem as who circumsized himself at the age of 80 subhanallah. since then this has been the practice... please refer to this fatwah on circumcision.

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=7073&dgn=4

any ways back to the topic. hmm so yea im gonna have to do a search on whether the nhs does it in sheffield.

Trumble
07-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Just to clear up the position regarding circumcisions in the UK.

Circumcision is not carried out as a routine post-natal procedure, and never has been in the UK. It will be carried out if there is an immediately apparent medical reason for doing so.

Religious circumcision IS available on the NHS. There tends to be long waiting lists, though, as the procedure is not one of those subject to "waiting list" time restrictions as it is considered a low medical priority.

Your best bet is probably to ask your local hospital what the situation is there, and consider going private if the wait looks like being too long.

snakelegs
07-15-2006, 07:53 AM
as far as i know it is mandatory in islam. and of course in judaism. jews have to be done on the 8th day after birth, but i've read that in islam it is often done much later so i guess there is no law precisely when it must be done.
i am curious about this:
in judaism, if it was just done as a medical procedure, it would not fullfil the commandment. it must be done as a religious ritual with the proper blessings etc etc. i would assume this would be the same in islam. is it?

Daffodil
07-15-2006, 11:43 AM
as far as i know it is mandatory in islam. and of course in judaism. jews have to be done on the 8th day after birth, but i've read that in islam it is often done much later so i guess there is no law precisely when it must be done.
i am curious about this:
in judaism, if it was just done as a medical procedure, it would not fullfil the commandment. it must be done as a religious ritual with the proper blessings etc etc. i would assume this would be the same in islam. is it?
it can be done any any age up to puberty but its best to get it done as early as possible because the child feels less pain, n with babies it heals up in a matter of a week n they dnt feel much pain any way. i want my son to get done within a month of being born.

n its not a ritual its just an op that has to be done, doesnt matter how u go about it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.