/* */

PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have good knowledge in computer stuff?

*noor
07-11-2006, 05:30 PM
if someone here has good knowledge about computer stuff, can you please tell me if you know what this means???

it keeps on popping up

it says

There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network.

please reply asap

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
07-11-2006, 05:35 PM
anyone?????

Tania
07-11-2006, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
anyone?????
There is another computer with the same ip like yours. You have to call the provider and they will check up which neighbour found out your ip. :)

*noor
07-11-2006, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mara
There is another computer with the same ip like yours. You have to call the provider and they will check up which neighbour found out your ip. :)
can you please tell me exactly what that means???:)

i really need to know

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*noor
07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
could it mean that ive been hacked???

i hope not but i need to know someone please tell me

Tania
07-11-2006, 05:47 PM
For each customer the provider gives an ip. With this ip you are allowed on the net. If i don't want to pay, i can find out some customer ip's and go with that. The warning sign is appearing only in the moment when both computer are open. Like i could use your ip without you to know when you are offline. it seems, right now you are using both the same ip and thats why the message box appeared on the screen. Also, one computer should have been removed automatically when the message appeared (logged off)

The best is to call your provider immediatelly. They are very suspicious on this facts.

*noor
07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
thts nothing to worry...

m sure thts a Class C IP...

i get tht always :p

if someone has the same ip like if they stole it does that mean that they could steal all the other info and files on my pc?

*noor
07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mara
For each customer the provider gives an ip. With this ip you are allowed on the net. If i don't want to pay, i can find out some customer ip's and go with that. The warning sign is appearing only in the moment when both computer are open. Like i could use your ip without you to know when you are offline. it seems, right now you are using both the same ip and thats why the message box appeared on the screen. Also, one computer should have been removed automatically when the message appeared (logged off)

The best is to call your provider immediatelly. They are very suspicious on this facts.

thanx :)

Tania
07-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Welcome. Probably is nothing like zAk have said but best is to call them; its their network, their detective work.
:)

furyX721
07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
:sl:
do you have 2 or more computers in your house which connect to the internet?

SASB
07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
an IP number is yor computers sort of identity number, it;s kinda like me and my friend use this other forum on our school comps, so we both have the same IP because of that, I dont think anyone can hack in to ur comp using ur IP number, sometimes people from the same neighbourhood can have the same or simillar ip number, i wouldn;t worry about it too much, i think if u get in touvh with the network they can sort it out

*noor
07-12-2006, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by furyX721
:sl:
do you have 2 or more computers in your house which connect to the internet?

yeah and they're connected by a router another person also told me that might be why......thanx

Z
07-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. No big deal. Flush the router, clear the cache, and reboot. Should sort it out.

A good idea is if you haven't already, set some security on your network.

It can also be caused most times if you've set your connection to obtain the internal IP and DNS from the router automatically. Manually configure the connection to the router and it shouldn't happen again.

*noor
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. No big deal. Flush the router, clear the cache, and reboot. Should sort it out.

A good idea is if you haven't already, set some security on your network.

It can also be caused most times if you've set your connection to obtain the internal IP and DNS from the router automatically. Manually configure the connection to the router and it shouldn't happen again.

jazaakaAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.