/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my friends confuse me

AnonymousPoster
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
salam aleykum i started practising and in my group of friends i am the only one that does really, they go out and go to shisha places have fun and so on, i feel a little bit left out at times, especially that from september we are all going to hang out with them when they will attended those places that is to the same college how am i going haram for me to attend. i havent got any friends there but i dont wanna disobey allah swt. my closes friend is getting influenced by them because now even though she practises she attends those places with them. i am confused what should i do with this people :( wa alekum salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-11-2006, 09:49 PM
:sl:

Keep in contact with them so you can dawa but I suggest you find new friends who are practasing.

soulsociety
07-11-2006, 09:51 PM

You need to change crowd (to a more practising group) or try doing initiating other activities with them. College may have Islamic Society?

In another topic it was mentioned about brothers and sisters making "loners" feel welcome, so inshAllah I hope brothers and sisters do their part.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
been there sis, lol trust me, tell your friends straight up that islam is the right way, tell them to come to islam. EVEN if you have to chew the bark of a tree dont disobey Allah for your friends. KNOW we will be raised up with those we followed, do you wanna be raised on the day of judgement with a sheesha pipe in your mouth? I've been able to convince a lotta my friends (they use to smoke/take drugs/drink etc) to quit! InshaAllah you can too!!

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Takumi
07-12-2006, 01:45 AM
There's a beautiful hadeeth about a guy who had slain 99 person and enquired about taubah but was given the wrong info and then killed the person who gave the wrong info to make it into 100.

He then enquired again and an aalim told him there's no barrier between him and the maghfirah of Allah.

But he needed to get out of that town because the people of that town was damaging his character. Basically his kinsmen were bad.

(This is a precis of a hadeeth taken from Riyadhus Saaliheen)

IMHO, You need to stay out and keep out. Life's easier that way.

Umar001
07-12-2006, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
There's a beautiful hadeeth about a guy who had slain 99 person and enquired about taubah but was given the wrong info and then killed the person who gave the wrong info to make it into 100.

He then enquired again and an aalim told him there's no barrier between him and the maghfirah of Allah.

But he needed to get out of that town because the people of that town was damaging his character. Basically his kinsmen were bad.

(This is a precis of a hadeeth taken from Riyadhus Saaliheen)

IMHO, You need to stay out and keep out. Life's easier that way.

R You sure thats why he left akhi?

I read a hadeeth the same as this and that wasnt why the man left from what I read on it.

Anyhow.

to the original poster its upto you what you do, again we had someone with practically the same problem, in another post, and i will say the same thing a bro told me, that if I felt my iman go down and i was influenced to the point that i was going to bad places and doing haram then its best for me to leave them, say salam and ask how they are and so on but dont hang around with them. thats what he told me.

But at the same time I advise you to read properly on such matters because the real knowledge is with scholars, so please do that, but remember that alot of things in life are tests.

Ameeratul Layl
07-12-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
salam aleykum i started practising and in my group of friends i am the only one that does really, they go out and go to shisha places have fun and so on, i feel a little bit left out at times, especially that from september we are all going to hang out with them when they will attended those places that is to the same college how am i going haram for me to attend. i havent got any friends there but i dont wanna disobey allah swt. my closes friend is getting influenced by them because now even though she practises she attends those places with them. i am confused what should i do with this people :( wa alekum salam

If you feel left out, don't. I would say its Shaytaans way of saying: 'See, they are having fun, why can't you.'

You haven't any friends? Join the club. I feel lonely at college but believe me..its better than all the quarelling that could happen.

Your close friend? Hmm..talk to her. Tell her how you feel.

Wasalam

AnonymousPoster
07-12-2006, 01:37 PM
thanks everyone i spoke to my close friend and she refused to go out with them(to that cafe) it feels good to know i changed someone in a way jazakahllah may allah swt reward u all

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Allahu Akbar!!! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.