/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to be different!

MUNIRAH
07-12-2006, 04:15 AM
Asalama Alaikum.........

I didn't plan to write this but I was kinda sleepy and this was the first thing that come to my mind so I found myself writtin this......

-Do u ever feel like u r controlled and that ur freedom is limited.
-that everything u do is to make people happy and not let them think ur a weirdo or that ur different.
-Do u always do what people expect u to do and say what they want u to say only because ur afraid to explain and be put on the spot.
-Like u always do ur best not to be difference even though ur ignoring ur true feelings and dennyin ur self like u don't exist. and that u wanna change to fit in.
-Ever feel like u don't belong somewhere.:X

yeah I know these r some weird questions:)
U guys can ask if there is something that u think is really strange and u just can't figure out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim_friend
07-12-2006, 04:36 AM
:sl:

LOL. Some nice questions. Thankfully none of them apply to me :X ..

I do understand my freedom is controlled, but i don't mind that.

U guys can ask if there is something that u think is really strange and u just can't figure out.

One very very very very strange thing that i still can't figure out is that, why i was born a muslim. All my life i've never won anything(apart from a karate competition when i was young). i'm but, just the average guy, doing averagely in my studies, i'm not highly popular either.. to such an average person like me.. Allah has gifted me with the best thing you can ask for in this life, i.e. the truth of Islam .. and i still find this hard to believe.

MUNIRAH
07-12-2006, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_friend

One very very very very strange thing that i still can't figure out is that, why i was born a muslim. All my life i've never won anything(apart from a karate competition when i was young). i'm but, just the average guy, doing averagely in my studies, i'm not highly popular either.. to such an average person like me.. Allah has gifted me with the best thing you can ask for in this life, i.e. the truth of Islam .. and i still find this hard to believe.

Mashaa Allah. Allah can do what ever He wants and pleases. Alahamdulilah we were both born Muslim.....well Allah has His reasons for what He did and InshaAllah we will be lucky enough to find out when we meet Him in Akhirah.:)

MUNIRAH
07-12-2006, 04:55 AM
:) :) :) :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Taqiyah
07-12-2006, 05:23 AM
Asalama Alaikum.

well sis Munira....I would say those are signs of stress or depression or somethin like that...I am not a doctor I am just guesing......Try to read Quran more often and Pray Salaaat.....it always releives stress and relaxes ur mind off worldly stuff.:) try it.

snakelegs
07-12-2006, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH
Asalama Alaikum.........

I didn't plan to write this but I was kinda sleepy and this was the first thing that come to my mind so I found myself writtin this......

-that everything u do is to make people happy and not let them think ur a weirdo or that ur different.
-Do u always do what people expect u to do and say what they want u to say only because ur afraid to explain and be put on the spot.
-Like u always do ur best not to be difference even though ur ignoring ur true feelings and dennyin ur self like u don't exist. and that u wanna change to fit in.

yeah I know these r some weird questions:)
i don't think your questions are weird.
well, i think we've all felt that way at times. it's much harder when you're young. as for your last question, YES almost all the time.

muslim_friend
07-12-2006, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
Asalama Alaikum.

well sis Munira....I would say those are signs of stress or depression or somethin like that...I am not a doctor I am just guesing......Try to read Quran more often and Pray Salaaat.....it always releives stress and relaxes ur mind off worldly stuff.:) try it.
Sis MUNIRAH.. if this is about you, I suggest you be proud of who you are.

I agree with snakelegs.. everyone has faced this at some point of time or the other, in fact i feel that when such difficult situations arise, it only makes one mentally stronger and more mature.. and everyone will find a way out insha'Allah.

Asyur an-Nagi
07-12-2006, 06:45 AM
sometimes i feel so. but worst of all, sometimes a person barely want to be himself

syilla
07-12-2006, 07:58 AM
i love being different...and i don't ever want to think of what others saying about me.

hehe...

------
07-12-2006, 08:52 AM
edit

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2006, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH

no never, if you feel like this then speak out but have sabrun jameel at the same time (complain to Allah only)

you can keep happy by following the islamic way, its actually built to maintain peace. Dont live up to someone elses standard if they dont encourage the islamic shariah

no-one always does what people expect them to do, my family thinks of me as this person with extreme taqwa so if i do anything out of line they all jump down my throat like its the end of the world. But i do what i do for ALlah not for them, if i make mistakes then i apologise to the one i wronged and repent to Allah swt.

if your true feelings are bad then there best talked out and then gotten over and corrected. Fitting in isnt always a good thing especially in todays society unless your talking about a jamaa'a

"TO ALLAH WE BELONG AND TO HIM WE SHALL RETURN"

:salamext:

Ameeratul Layl
07-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Salam,

It doesn't matter what people think. The fact of life is: You do something good and people will find a tiny negativity. You do something negative, the world is fantastic!

As long as your intentions are good - Allah is happy and thats ALL that matters.

Wasalam

muslimah_here
07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Aslong as you are not going aganst the teachings of islam than dont let others get to you too much, we should worry more about pleasing ALLAH, my personal experience is that pleasing humans beings cna be very diffcult and at times impossible but pleasing ALLAH is so simple, and ALLAh is of oft-forgiving wheras human being hold grudges against u for a longgggggggg time. we should try our best and ALLAh knows our intentions. I think its the unislamic traditional customs that makes life difficult to live, whereas islam is a simple way of life.

FI AMANALLAH.

Taqiyah
07-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Asalama Alaikum.......

I totally agree with u guys:) Makin people happy is not as important as making Allah happy... Sis Munira try to make Allah happy by doin good deeds and I am sure he will make ur life easier and happier.:) InshaAllah.

Taqiyah
07-13-2006, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
Salam,

It doesn't matter what people think. The fact of life is: You do something good and people will find a tiny negativity. You do something negative, the world is fantastic!

Wasalam

yeah.....that is so true...I especially know lots of people like that:X

Re.TiReD
07-13-2006, 02:00 PM
:sl: differences are what make the world work...otherwise we'd probably all be freaky robots like the cybermen in Doctor Who! :giggling: lol and the question 'ever feel like you dont belong somewhere?' well you know what i say...i say you belong to the deen Al-Islam SubhanAllah...what more could you wish for. :)

have a positive outlook in life :sister: :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.