/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's your Favorite Operating System?

Dahir
07-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Note: When I used the "cool" emoticon in my thread heading, I'm not implying that this thread is for cool people, its for strict, and HARDcore nerds, always "keeping it real" for "bracers" and "math jocks.":coolalien

There are three major, obvious choices:

Linux (Unix-Based OS)

Mac (Unix-Based OS)

Microsoft (Self-serving, Independent OS)

About 90% of the "wired" World uses Microsoft, with about 9% using Mac, and the rest use Linux and other independent software/OS.

As for me, a loyal Microsoft user who experiments with Linux and fantasizes about using Mac.:giggling: The need is no more; the Mac interface that I dream about is coming the newest Microsoft product; VISTA!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
vpb
07-12-2006, 05:57 AM
FreeBSD rocks!!! even MacOS is now going to use the BSD kernel :D

Dahir
07-12-2006, 06:00 AM
FreeBSD rocks
Hippy!;D

You can't just conform and soccumb to the Mic/Mac standard!

muslim_friend
07-12-2006, 06:11 AM
Anyone still using Windows 95' :p ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
07-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Anyone still using Windows 95'
You, and...oh, the guy under the rock;D

Sorry to be cruel, but Microsoft programs us to hate your vintage-ized kind!:giggling:

Asyur an-Nagi
07-12-2006, 06:48 AM
microsoft seems 'kay to me

------
07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Microsoft all the way.

Sis786
07-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Im with Aalimah Sis!

alitheislamian
07-14-2006, 10:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir

As for me, a loyal Microsoft user who experiments with Linux and fantasizes about using Mac.:giggling: The need is no more; the Mac interface that I dream about is coming the newest Microsoft product; VISTA![/B]
:sl:
I have used windows vista beta 2. It is pretty heavy but very beautifuly made. It has a black task bar. :w:

ckerofilm
07-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Windows is getting boring. XP used to be great but the display gets tiring. Ive recently reverted 2 windows ME.
It needs a new look-way to go windows vista.

MuslimWays
07-14-2006, 03:46 PM
stuck with Windows cos I can't afford those beatiful machines known as apple mac.

linux not bad for free OS.

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 03:48 PM

Quick question, Is it halaal to get the new windows from the computer fair when it comes out, they do copies and sell them cheap unlike Bill no wonder why he's so rich.

Vaseline
07-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Note: When I used the "cool" emoticon in my thread heading, I'm not implying that this thread is for cool people, its for strict, and HARDcore nerds, always "keeping it real" for "bracers" and "math jocks.":coolalien
oh. ok. whoops! I voted MS even before reading the first post.

Anyhow.....you still know who I went for! :rollseyes

Dahir
07-14-2006, 10:15 PM
stuck with Windows cos I can't afford those beatiful machines known as apple mac.
SAME HERE;D

I wanted to get an iBook SO BAD!! But at Two Grand, now way! I'm just going to save my $$ and get a Toshiba with Vista OS in January '07.

amirah_87
07-14-2006, 11:57 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

what's Linux!!!....:X

ain't never hearda that b4!! :?

Dahir
07-15-2006, 02:43 AM
what's Linux!!!
Its an operating system that is used by computer-savvy people, you can start from scratch or with some applications and build everything, like your own web browser, writing application, games, etc. Its also free. A lot of people experiment with it, like myself, but its just not that good, its really cool though.

For more info, just google it or go to wikipedia and find out more!

amirah_87
07-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Its an operating system that is used by computer-savvy people, you can start from scratch or with some applications and build everything, like your own web browser, writing application, games, etc. Its also free. A lot of people experiment with it, like myself, but its just not that good, its really cool though.

For more info, just google it or go to wikipedia and find out more!

ass salaamu alaykum

Oooooh OK!! Jazaakalaahu khayran!!

i don't know anything bout computers!!...let alone different types of operating systems :X

waalaykum ass salaam

afriend
07-15-2006, 12:02 PM
They all have bad and good points (except for linux whixh is C**P)....

Advantages

Windows:
Easy to use
Software compatibility (good)

Mac:
Downloadable software
Extremely secure

Linux:
Allahu 'alam ;D

Disadvantages:

Windows:
Something always HAS to go wrong
Can be unsecure

Mac:
Hard to even open the internet
can't always install the software that u want to

Linux:
Don't even get me started.....

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Microsoft is the only one i've ever used, so gotta go with Windows Microsoft.

:wasalamex

afriend
07-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Vista is like a copy of Mac.....I've tried it, not bad...COPYRIGHT!!! :p

Lonely_Boy
07-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Well i hanve't use any other OS other than Microsoft that's why offcourse i will go for it

afriend
07-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Mac has the best Security out of all of them....cos majority ppl go for Win. Hackers don't tend to spend time trying to access them ;)

But it's still rubbish....but which OS is perfect?

Dahir
07-16-2006, 06:57 PM
But it's still rubbish....but which OS is perfect?
Linux, you impatient Fool!;D

You can, if you've got "mad hot programmer skillz," turn Linux into something that surpasses all other OS's.

BlissfullyJaded
07-16-2006, 10:59 PM

Windows.

I've used Linux, and it was a headache. :X

Dahir
07-16-2006, 11:12 PM
I've used Linux, and it was a headache.
...impatient fools! Linux is like a fine tomato, give it time to ripen, then reap the reward! Put some time into Linux and MAKE IT YOURS!

Impatient Fools!:D :offended: :hiding: :uhwhat :giggling:

MuslimahBlue
07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Assalamu Alaiykum

I use microsoft havent tried any of the other ones...
'

Abdul-Raouf
02-06-2008, 04:15 AM
MS Win XP

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.