/* */

PDA

View Full Version : letter writing... easy and effective!

Dawud_uk
07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

for a while been writing letters to papers whenever need to correct an unislamic assumption or just to put an islamic point of view across to the public so as to widen the reach of the message of islam.

i have had some success

http://comment.independent.co.uk/let...cle1173208.ece

here is the latest, after a columnist spoke angrily against hijab and niqab.

would encourage everyone to get involved, you just email in your letter and once every few times they publish and the message of islam is passed on a little further.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
07-12-2006, 12:23 PM
:sl:

Good idea. I did that once, and my letter was published alhamdulilah, it was also about Hijab (when discussions in Australia arose about banning it from public schools).

Jazakallah khayr for the reminder.

p.s. your letter was very good mashaallah, i loved this one, especially because the writer was not Muslim:

Sir: Is it better to conceal what you look like behind a veil or behind subcutaneous injections, anti-wrinkle creams, false tans and gruesome face-lifts? I'd say the first was more honest, more open and less enslaved.

And if we need further evidence of the role of women in western life we only have to read The Independent's man in New York, David Usborne, who writes with relish (10 July) about an acquaintance who photographs women naked and pays them "according to how naughty they are in front of the camera".

Without being a Muslim I have to say Islam seems pretty honest in these matters, whereas we are, comparatively, a cesspit of hypocrisy and female degradation.

FRANK SCOTT

LONDON W11

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 12:25 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

MashaAllah, that's a good idea!!

i just want to ask akhee!!...did anyone reply back to you?

wa alaykum ass salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.