/* */

PDA

View Full Version : FBI probes video of Qur’an desecration

sonz
07-13-2006, 07:57 AM
The FBI will launch a probe into an Internet video that showed a man shooting a copy of the Qur’an with a military-style rifle and then leaving the bullet-riddled holy book outside a mosque in Chattanooga, Tennessee, an agent said, according to the Seattlepi.com.

The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations asked the Justice Department to investigate the incident, FBI agent Tim Burke said.

The offensive video, titled “kill the Qur’an”, was posted on a social networking Web site last month, CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper said, adding that it might have been filmed last year.

The video has been removed from the site last Tuesday, Hooper said.

The man who shot the video identified himself on the Web site as "mully88", and said that he lives in Chattanooga. In his profile, he listed his heroes as “anybody that has killed a Muslim, or at least tried to kill a Muslim”. His Web page also contains slurs against Hispanics and blacks.

The provocative video shows the man buying a copy of the holy Qur’an from a bookstore, taking it to a wooded area and shooting it, then throwing it outside the door of the Chattanooga Islamic center.

CAIR said the case could be treated as a possible civil rights violation, and Legal Director Arsalan Iftikhar compared it to burning a cross.

"By throwing the bullet-riddled Qur’an at the mosque, we believe the perpetrators went beyond the limits of free speech by taking part in an overt act of religious intimidation," Iftikhar said.

The Islamic civil rights group also demanded the FBI to investigate vandalism at an Indiana mosque, and treat the case as a possible hate crime. It also cited other recent incidents of vandalism against mosques in Maine, Arizona and Maryland.

AlJazeera

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I was wondering if Muslims feel that desecrating the Holy Bible or Torrah is equally unacceptable?

Joe98
07-13-2006, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
The FBI will launch a probe into.......shooting a copy of the Qur’an
The FBI is a part of the US govt.

What other govt would go to so much effort to help their citizens?

afriend
07-13-2006, 10:33 PM
True^

lol...Although I am filled with much rage...All I can say is Alhamdulillahi 'alaa kulli hal......

This is the most childish, immaturest thing I have ever heard in a long time....How stupid....Watch what happens to this guy now.......

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
07-13-2006, 10:35 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
I was wondering if Muslims feel that desecrating the Holy Bible or Torrah is equally unacceptable?
Allow me to answer on behalf of all muslims (wow, that was pretty egotistical of me): yes, desecration of any holy books would be equally unnacceptable.

The man who shot the video identified himself on the Web site as "mully88", and said that he lives in Chattanooga. In his profile, he listed his heroes as “anybody that has killed a Muslim, or at least tried to kill a Muslim”. His Web page also contains slurs against Hispanics and blacks.
Lol, stupid nazi.

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
True^

lol...Although I am filled with much rage...All I can say is Alhamdulillahi 'alaa kulli hal......

This is the most childish, immaturest thing I have ever heard in a long time....How stupid....Watch what happens to this guy now.......

In all honesty he's stupid and offensive. I would suggest some education.

afriend
07-13-2006, 10:38 PM
yes....and same goes for all those other maniacs who think that burning other books is allowed (many muslims)......My advice:

LEARN SOME BLOOD* RESPECT!

It works both ways people!

searcheroftruth
07-13-2006, 11:55 PM
the fbi will be the least of his worries if he does not repent

mysterious
07-13-2006, 11:59 PM
^ agreed

mujahedeen2087
07-14-2006, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
yes we do, desecrating the holy books from Allah is unacceptable!

searchingsoul
07-14-2006, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahedeen2087
yes we do, desecrating the holy books from Allah is unacceptable!
Thanks mujahadeen2087. I always wondered since a lot of muslims make an issue about the bible being altered and not being the word of God, etc...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.