/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2006: More Jews converting to Islam

sonz
07-13-2006, 03:40 PM
New record: 70 Israeli citizens expected to convert to Islam this year – more than twice the number in previous years. Most are cases of Jewish, Christian women marrying Muslim men

According to statistics from the Population Administration, 2006 will be a record year for Israeli Jews joining the Muslim religion. In the past few years, the number of conversions to Islam was relatively stable at 35 per year, but over 70 conversions were expected this year. In 2003, 40 Jews converted to Islam; in 2004 the number dropped to 27; and last year it stood at 33.

But the trend took a drastic turn this year, and Interior Ministry data showed that in the first half of 2006 alone 42 conversions were
recorded, and a comparable number is expected throughout the second half of the year.

The process of converting to Islam is carried out at the Muslim religious court which operates according to Islamic law. In contrast to Jewish conversions, which last months and often years, to become Muslim one must only convince the court that one’s intentions are sincere and declare faith in Allah.

Most are Jewish and Christian women who convert after choosing to marry Muslim men. The number of men who convert to Islam is far lower, but has also seen a rise.

“Jews say they decided to convert after deepening their knowledge of Islam. Many are disappointed in Judaism,” a senior member of the Islamic court said.

In the past, the Religious Affairs and Interior Ministries made it very difficult for Jews to convert to Islam. “They are giving me the runaround, sending me back and forth from office to office. They made me see a psychiatrist, to ‘make sure I wasn’t brainwashed.’ They did everything so that I would despair and return to Judaism,” one convert related.

The data revealed that the reverse phenomenon of Muslims converting to Judaism is significantly lower. In the first half of this year, there were only seven conversions to Judaism.

Statistics that reached Israel’s leading daily Yedioth Ahronoth showed that Judaism continues to constitute a greater attractive force for Christians. In 2003, 437 Christians converted to Judaism, in 2004 – 884, and in 2005 – 733. Since the beginning of 2006, 210 Christians converted to Judaism.

Yedioth reporter Paiz Abbas countered that according to data recorded by the Islamic appeals court, the numbers do not indicate an increase in the number of converts. Further, data show that the greatest number of converts during 2005 were from Jerusalem with 46, followed by Yaffo with 28, then Haifa and Akre with 25 and Nazereth with 22.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...274735,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
New record: 70 Israeli citizens expected to convert to Islam this year – more than twice the number in previous years. Most are cases of Jewish, Christian women marrying Muslim men

According to statistics from the Population Administration, 2006 will be a record year for Israeli Jews joining the Muslim religion. In the past few years, the number of conversions to Islam was relatively stable at 35 per year, but over 70 conversions were expected this year. In 2003, 40 Jews converted to Islam; in 2004 the number dropped to 27; and last year it stood at 33.

But the trend took a drastic turn this year, and Interior Ministry data showed that in the first half of 2006 alone 42 conversions were
recorded, and a comparable number is expected throughout the second half of the year.

The process of converting to Islam is carried out at the Muslim religious court which operates according to Islamic law. In contrast to Jewish conversions, which last months and often years, to become Muslim one must only convince the court that one’s intentions are sincere and declare faith in Allah.

Most are Jewish and Christian women who convert after choosing to marry Muslim men. The number of men who convert to Islam is far lower, but has also seen a rise.

“Jews say they decided to convert after deepening their knowledge of Islam. Many are disappointed in Judaism,” a senior member of the Islamic court said.

In the past, the Religious Affairs and Interior Ministries made it very difficult for Jews to convert to Islam. “They are giving me the runaround, sending me back and forth from office to office. They made me see a psychiatrist, to ‘make sure I wasn’t brainwashed.’ They did everything so that I would despair and return to Judaism,” one convert related.

The data revealed that the reverse phenomenon of Muslims converting to Judaism is significantly lower. In the first half of this year, there were only seven conversions to Judaism.

Statistics that reached Israel’s leading daily Yedioth Ahronoth showed that Judaism continues to constitute a greater attractive force for Christians. In 2003, 437 Christians converted to Judaism, in 2004 – 884, and in 2005 – 733. Since the beginning of 2006, 210 Christians converted to Judaism.

Yedioth reporter Paiz Abbas countered that according to data recorded by the Islamic appeals court, the numbers do not indicate an increase in the number of converts. Further, data show that the greatest number of converts during 2005 were from Jerusalem with 46, followed by Yaffo with 28, then Haifa and Akre with 25 and Nazereth with 22.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...274735,00.html

assalaamu alaykum,

anyone ever heard the story of yusuf al-khattab, formally joseph cohen?

subhanallah what a beautiful brother, i love him for the sake of Allah for speaking the truth to the kaffir jews and spreading the truth.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

catmando
07-13-2006, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

anyone ever heard the story of yusuf al-khattab, formally joseph cohen?

subhanallah what a beautiful brother, i love him for the sake of Allah for speaking the truth to the kaffir jews and spreading the truth.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud
Have you ever heard the story of Richard Dawkins? He's an Evolution scientist and Atheist speaking the truth of Darwinism and Atheism to the god-believers.

Dawud_uk
07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by catmando
Have you ever heard the story of Richard Dawkins? He's an Evolution scientist and Atheist speaking the truth of Darwinism and Atheism to the god-believers.

you wanna believe your a monkey go ahead monkeyman be my guest lol.

by the way as darwinist do you know what his proof for his theory was?
as someone who has 'faith' in science surely you know?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
catmando
07-13-2006, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk

by the way as darwinist do you know what his proof for his theory was?
as someone who has 'faith' in science surely you know?
His proof was the life he studied while on his science trips. The key to the truth of his science is that 99.9% of biological scientists today are Darwinists. Thousands of scientists have subjected Darwin's theories to testing and ALL of them have passed. Nothing in Science makes sense except in the light of Darwinism.

If one wants to understand the world, one needs to read the science books of today, as well as Darwin's Origin of Species.

Hijrah
07-13-2006, 05:28 PM
His proof was the life he studied while on his science trips. The key to the truth of his science is that 99.9% of biological scientists today are Darwinists. Thousands of scientists have subjected Darwin's theories to testing and ALL of them have passed. Nothing in Science makes sense except in the light of Darwinism.

If one wants to understand the world, one needs to read the science books of today, as well as Darwin's Origin of Species.
He sucks and he has been refuted by Christian and Muslim Scientists

catmando
07-13-2006, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
He sucks and he has been refuted by Christian and Muslim Scientists
LOL no he hasn't. The truth cannot be refuted, only denied.

wilberhum
07-13-2006, 07:35 PM
I always love in when people argue out of ignorance.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-13-2006, 07:39 PM
thats wikid.. that jews convertn 2 muslims.. i thort theyd b da people wher less converts come 4rm.. (if that makes sence)

Dawud_uk
07-13-2006, 10:04 PM

catmando, sorry to make fun of you before,

look perhaps you have misunderstood the question,
a scientic proof to a theory is when i say 'my theory will be proved correct if z and y are greater than x.'

u get me?

so what was the 'proof' that darwin said would show his theory was correct?

Daw'ud

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Most of the conversions are due to interfaith marriage. I may be wrong but from what I have seen (and personally experience), such marriages result in a mutual respect of both religions. I'd even go so far to say that such marriages tend to produce a belief which is a nice blend of both faiths.

I don't see interfaith marriages being a true asset to Islam. If anything they will probably weaken the practice of the Islamic man, and increase the chances of their offspring adopting beliefs contrary to traditional Islam. On the other hand, I see such unions being an asset to religious co-existence.

limitless
07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
:sl:

wow, impressive, I'd never expected a jew to convert to islam. Very interesting article. I think a converted individual to isalm is better at practising islam rather than to a individual who was born into a muslim family. It is what I have seen, just few days ago I was speaking to a Turkish bro, and he didn't even seem muslim to me. He has a "girlfriend", partys, webcams on msn to random people. Muslims today are losing themselves, but then converted muslims are taking their places. Hope it made some sense to what I am attempting to say.

:w:

afriend
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
There's no stopping when the truth is ever so bright in the darkness :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-14-2006, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
:sl:

wow, impressive, I'd never expected a jew to convert to islam. Very interesting article. I think a converted individual to isalm is better at practising islam rather than to a individual who was born into a muslim family. It is what I have seen, just few days ago I was speaking to a Turkish bro, and he didn't even seem muslim to me. He has a "girlfriend", partys, webcams on msn to random people. Muslims today are losing themselves, but then converted muslims are taking their places. Hope it made some sense to what I am attempting to say.

:w:
i agree wd u.. converted muslims, dey better dan muslim born..

mahdisoldier19
07-14-2006, 06:11 PM
LOL no he hasn't. The truth cannot be refuted, only denied.

Actually he has been refuted, and you seem to not understand that a theory doesnt mean its the "truth". Its just his theory, not an established science. You might want to learn abit more before you clash out against what islam has brought to science in the last 1400 years

------
07-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Allah Hu Akbar!!! Allah guides whom He wishes!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.