/* */

PDA

View Full Version : toad in a hole

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
asalamulaikum

my husbands making me toad in a hole, ive never had it before, aparantly u have it with sausages n mash, what else can u have it with, do u have it with veg? coleslaw? what???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
07-13-2006, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
asalamulaikum

my husbands making me toad in a hole, ive never had it before, aparantly u have it with sausages n mash, what else can u have it with, do u have it with veg? coleslaw? what???
:sl:
Doesn't toad-in-the-hole contain pork?

I think you would eat it with mash and veg.
:w:

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Doesn't toad-in-the-hole contain pork?

I think you would eat it with mash and veg.
no hes makin it with some nice halal yummy sausages.

hes bought this toad in the hole packet thing, i think thats the toad in the hole thing. aparantly u gotta mix is with eggs or something n put it in the oven i dnt know but im sure he does.

Fishman
07-13-2006, 04:44 PM
A toad-in-the-hole is basically two sausages in a large square yorkshire pudding.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Daffodil
07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
walaikum salaam

kewl, ive never had yorkshire pudding before, he sed hes making gravy as well, which im pleased about seeing as we've had those gravy granuals since we got married n hes never used em! ive not had gravy before, im excited, gonna be eating typical white ppls food.

piXie
07-13-2006, 04:52 PM
A toad-in-the-hole is basically two sausages in a large square yorkshire pudding.
errrm right...i sort of took it literally :rollseyes

why name it toad tho :?

Fishman
07-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Never had Yorkshire pudding before? You've missed out. Here's what wikipedia says about it.

I have no idea what the name toad-in-the-hole is about.

And toad-in-the-hole is not 'typical white ppls food', it is most commonly eaten with a sunday roast, which is usually only eaten on sunday. White people usually eat the same food as everyone else, like pasta or chicken (and usually pork too).

bkzbest
07-13-2006, 04:56 PM
i neva tried it b4 too.....i wondr how it is

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 04:56 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

soo how does it taste?..i ain't never had toads b4 ;D;D.

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 04:57 PM
it is typical white ppls food, id never heard of yorkshire pudding n all this stuff before i married my husband! what i mean by it being typical white ppls food is that its typical of them to eat it.

i cant wait to try it, im getting hungry.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-13-2006, 04:59 PM
I had halal shepard's pie once. It was delish. I'm sure toad in the hole is nice too.:)

Kittygyal
07-13-2006, 05:01 PM
well i had that shepards pie it's nice but hmm ''toad'' what is it next frogs lolz ;D hmme noy the food post some pics of it cause i don't have a clue what it is apart from a creature lolz:giggling:

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I had halal shepard's pie once. It was delish. I'm sure toad in the hole is nice too.
I make the best shephards pie ever!!! i made it the other day n makin it again for my inlaws tomorow wen they come round. its gawjus mashallah im so talented. lol not!!!

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 05:12 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

good on you sis daff!!;)

i dunno bout the whole toad thing...it's sounds pretty sick if you ask me!!...:X

"TOAD IN A HOLE"

and what else is inside THAT hole.....:heated:

...i don't even wanna know!! ;D

Kittygyal
07-13-2006, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

good on you sis daff!!;)

i dunno bout the whole toad thing...it's sounds pretty sick if you ask me!!...:X

"TOAD IN A HOLE"

;D ;D ROFL!!! :giggling:

Fishman
07-13-2006, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
well i had that shepards pie it's nice but hmm ''toad'' what is it next frogs lolz ;D hmme noy the food post some pics of it cause i don't have a clue what it is apart from a creature lolz:giggling:
Imagine a big yorkshire pudding, shaped like a box. Then imagine that there are two sausages in it. That is a toad-in-the-hole.

it is typical white ppls food, id never heard of yorkshire pudding n all this stuff before i married my husband! what i mean by it being typical white ppls food is that its typical of them to eat it.
No its not. I'm white, and I rarely have toad-in-the-hole. Today I had baked potatoes and mince. You could say that it is traditional English food though.

Muezzin
07-13-2006, 05:16 PM
asalamulaikum

Lilly pads.

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 05:17 PM
lol sis amirah, dnt worry, white ppl have funny names for their foods!

i certainly wudnt eat anything thats got a toad in it lol.

i dnt know why its called toad in a hole.

but any ways it sounds nice n i love sausages n mash n veg anyways just gotta try the yorkshire pudding n gravy part all mixed together then i shall be the judge muhahaha, im sure ill like it. ill let u know how it turns out but most of the food my hubby makes is always gawjus any ways mashallah.

Fishman
07-13-2006, 05:18 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

and what else is inside THAT hole.....

There isn't really a hole or a toad. It's just the name for two sausages in a box-shaped Yorkshire pudding.

Umm Safiya

I couldn't figure out what you were talking about, until I google'd it.. Here we call it 'Forloren skildpadde', roughly translated it could be Phoney toad.. Hehe.. It actually tastes pretty nice.. Haven't had that since I reverted.. Oh well..
Sis Daff, what's the recipe for it..?

Kittygyal
Imagine a big yorkshire pudding, shaped like a box. Then imagine that there are two sausages in it. That is a toad-in-the-hole.

No its not. I'm white, and I rarely have toad-in-the-hole. Today I had baked potatoes and mince. You could say that it is traditional English food though.

ah well hmm a yorshire pudding imagened, a box imagened but depends what kinda box tho init :p, hmm two fat sauges imagened, hmm whats next??? +o( +o(

Kittygyal
07-13-2006, 05:19 PM
gawjus or you mean dilicious??? lolz

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Lilly pads.
that deserves a LOLLLLL

n fishman yea i know what u mean, but ud rarely see an asian person eat toad in the hole, id say only 0.05 percent of them will have even heard of it.

Fishman
07-13-2006, 05:20 PM
ah well hmm a yorshire pudding imagened, a box imagened but depends what kinda box tho init :p, hmm two fat sauges imagened, hmm whats next??? +o( +o(
Then imagine some potaoes, carrots and beans, all drizzled with gravy.

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 05:21 PM
There isn't really a hole or a toad. It's just the name for two sausages in a box-shaped Yorkshire pudding.

ass salaamu alaykum

Aaaaah!! i see.....that's okay then innit!!:happy:

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Sis Daff, what's the recipe for it..?
well basically u make mash patato like normal

fry the sausages like normal

steam the veggies like normal

make the gravy as normal

n my husbands doing the yorkshire pudding out of a packet for which u follow the instructions on the packet.

then im assuming u just put everything in the middle n chomp.

yay cant wait.

Kittygyal
07-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Then imagine some potaoes, carrots and beans, all drizzled with gravy.

lolz errr that sickning and also eww beans and carrots ewww +o( +o( passes the dustbin!! +o( +o(

Fishman
07-13-2006, 05:25 PM
lolz errr that sickning and also eww beans and carrots ewww +o( +o( passes the dustbin!! +o( +o(
No, I don't like it much either. I prefer chicken Kievs and pasta.

then im assuming u just put everything in the middle n chomp.
No, you just arrange all the food on a plate. The Yorkshire pudding only contains the sausages.

The sausages are partially set into the Yorkshire pudding, not just put into it. You must put the sausages into the Yorkshire mixture before it's cooked, otherwise you will just have two sausages sitting in a big edible tray (the Yorkshire pudding).

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 05:25 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

good on you sis daff!!;)

"TOAD IN A HOLE"

great minds think alike :coolbro:

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
ass salaamu alaykum

LOL!!.....:coolsis:

bro fishman says there's no toad in it...just like bangers n' mash if you ask me!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 05:29 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOL!!.....:coolsis:

bro fishman says there's no toad in it...just like bangers n' mash if you ask me!!

well mashed up bangers dont sount too nice either LLOOL

Fishman
07-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Not-so-great minds think alike. If you don't try it you are missing out on something very tasty! It does not involve any amphibians whatsoever.

Here's the wikipedia page.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Not-so-great minds think alike. If you don't try it you are missing out on something very tasty! It does not involve any amphibians whatsoever.
lol, i may just try it then :)

Fishman
07-13-2006, 05:35 PM
lol, i may just try it then :)
remember to get halal sausages though!

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 05:35 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Badly made toad in the hole is sometimes described as "frog in a bog".
LOOOOOOOOL!!!....that's funny!! ;D;D;D....

i''l try it too inshaSAllah

Fishman
07-13-2006, 05:37 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOOOOOOL!!!....that's funny!! ;D;D;D....

i''l try it too inshaSAllah
If Dafodil uses the method she posted, it will be frog in a bog!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
If Dafodil uses the method she posted, it will be frog in a bog!
LOL STOP SAYIN THAT, TEARS ARE COMIN OUT ;D ;D

Fishman
07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
LOL STOP SAYIN THAT, TEARS ARE COMIN OUT ;D ;D
Tears of laughter or sadness? Are you crying about all frogs cruelly forced to live in toilets?

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 05:41 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOL!!! ;D;D........

Poor Daff!! i could imagine her in -laws callin her food a blimmin' bog ey?? ;D;D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 05:42 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOL!!! ;D;D........

Poor Daff!! i could imagine her in -laws callin her food a blimmin' bog ey?? ;D;D
lol im tryin to think of the person who came up with the name, maybe he looks like this:

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 05:48 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

where's the pic??......it's not appearing!!

--------
i have a feelin' this thread's gonna get closed :X

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 05:49 PM
EDIT:

sry you cant see it, was such a funny picture aswell :(

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 05:52 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

"This page cannot be found"!!

forget it...thanx anyways!! :peace:

Silver Pearl
07-13-2006, 05:53 PM
:wasalamex

There is no purpose to this thread. Please only start topics that are beneficial.

reason for closure: Idle chit chat

Jizakallah khayr

:threadclo

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Asalamulaikum

For those of u who were interested...My husbands toad in the hole turned out really nice n it was a very fulfling and satisfying meal yum yum. n no it wasnt a frog in a bod lol. defo try it out. its gawjus. i didnt think i wud like the gravy but i did, it defo added to it mashallah. May Allah swt reward my husband for making it for me and making it well ameen.

searchingsoul
07-13-2006, 10:32 PM
What was this gorgeous meal you are referring too?

Umm_Nuh
07-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Asalamulaikum

For those of u who were interested...My husbands toad in the hole turned out really nice n it was a very fulfling and satisfying meal yum yum. n no it wasnt a frog in a bod lol. defo try it out. its gawjus. i didnt think i wud like the gravy but i did, it defo added to it mashallah. May Allah swt reward my husband for making it for me and making it well ameen.
mashaAllah - nice to hear brothers stepping into the kitchen

Anonymous.92
07-14-2006, 06:30 AM

May Allah swt reward my husband for making it for me and making it well ameen.
Ameen

lolwatever
07-14-2006, 06:51 AM
ok can u explain what toad in the hole is? lol i eeked when i first read it :X

Dawud_uk
07-14-2006, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Nuh
mashaAllah - nice to hear brothers stepping into the kitchen

assalaamu alaykum,

although generally the responsibility of the wife, any man who doesnt help out arround the house has abandoned this practice of rasoolullah (saws) who aisha told us also helped out around the house.

they also miss out on another opportunity to get close to their wives by spending time together with them.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.