/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hezbollah fires rockets at Haifa

S_87
07-13-2006, 05:48 PM
:sl:

The militant Lebanese group Hezbollah has fired rockets at the Israeli port city of Haifa, reports say.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.

Haifa, Israel's third largest city, is situated more than 30km (18 miles) from the Lebanese border and was thought to be out of Hezbollah's range.

The attack comes as Israel imposes an air and sea blockade on Lebanon, following the capture of two of its soldiers by the militant group.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/5178058.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
duskiness
07-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Lavikor is from Hajfa.
I hope he's ok...
hey, hey Lavikor!!! where are you???

S_87
07-13-2006, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk

lol, well..inshaAllah!

S_87
07-13-2006, 06:09 PM

oh change of news

Rockets hit Israeli city of Haifa

At least one rocket has struck the northern Israeli port city of Haifa, hours after a threat by the militant Lebanese group Hezbollah.
Hezbollah denied firing any rockets. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.

Haifa, Israel's third largest city, is more than 30km (18 miles) from the Lebanese border and was thought to be out of Hezbollah's range.

Israel has been carrying out ground, sea and air raids on Lebanon.

It imposed the blockade following the capture of two of its soldiers by Hezbollah militants on Wednesday.

Israeli warships have blocked Lebanese ports, and Beirut international airport was closed after Israeli bombing.

About 50 Lebanese people, mostly civilians, have been killed in the raids.

Hezbollah had said it would attack Haifa if Israeli planes bombed Beirut.

It has fired dozens of rockets into Israel in the past two days, but none have so far gone further than 20km (12 miles) inside the country.

At least one Israeli has died in the attacks and dozens have been injured.

The Israeli ambassador in Washington, Danny Ayalon, described the Haifa incident as a "major escalation" of the crisis, which began with the soldiers' capture.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/5178058.stm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isaac
07-13-2006, 06:42 PM
hezbAllah has denied firing rockets at haifa.

Nablus
07-13-2006, 06:56 PM
May Allah Reward Hizbullah and mujahdeen

I hope Israel will take unforgettable lesson in the south of Lebanon

Ghazi
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM

May allah guide or destory the Isreali Goverment!

duskiness
07-13-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
May Allah Reward Hizbullah and mujahdeen
reward? for what? for bringing war into Leban??????
I hope Israel will take unforgettable lesson in the south of Lebanon
that's strange because i hope that those kidnapped soldiers will be back home soon, and Israel will stop bombing Leban.
But i'm such a silly girl....
n.

Dahir
07-13-2006, 07:11 PM
reward? for what? for bringing war into Leban??????
Beirut is already a mashed up city of rubble and unpaved streets, and has been since '82, so I guess it doesn't matter to anyone if a few more bombs hit the dirt.

Panatella
07-13-2006, 07:13 PM
There are alot of bloodthirsty people around here. This is not a movie people, people are ACTUALLY getting KILLED. Think about that before you let your bloodlust desires speak for you. Rather than hope for others to fight and be destroyed, would it not be better to take the same line of thinking as duskiness?

Ghazi
07-13-2006, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
There are alot of bloodthirsty people around here. This is not a movie people, people are ACTUALLY getting KILLED. Think about that before you let your bloodlust desires speak for you. Rather than hope for others to fight and be destroyed, would it not be better to take the same line of thinking as duskiness?

Your speaking of things you have little knowladge about and due to your disbelief you wouldn't understand!

Dahir
07-13-2006, 07:16 PM
This is not a movie people, people are ACTUALLY getting KILLED. Think about that before you let your bloodlust desires speak for you. Rather than hope for others to fight and be destroyed, would it not be better to take the same line of thinking as duskiness?
Pan, you are a REALIST, right, you use logic, right? Well, then, Mr. Reality, you should know that the "blood thirsty" people are REALISTS in this situation! They know that war is inevitable and that the return of those soldiers is unlikely as the second they get out, someone's going to gun them down anyway.

But, while the "blood thirsty" folk are hoping for "blood," they might as well pick sides, right! Oh, and neutral isn't a side, so, Pan, go make your pick of the litter!

Panatella
07-14-2006, 12:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
[But, while the "blood thirsty" folk are hoping for "blood," they might as well pick sides, right! Oh, and neutral isn't a side, so, Pan, go make your pick of the litter![/B]
I will fight against those that tell me I have to fight, or pick a side in a fight.

Panatella
07-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Here is a bit of a good read;
Lebanese bloggers fumed at Hezbollah after it drew their country into a confrontation with Israel, whose forces had left Lebanon six years ago. BigPharaoh posted snippets of comments from across the Lebanese blogosphere, including: "I would like to ask [Hezbollah], WHY NOW? Can they answer me? This is very bad." As Israel charged that it would hold Lebanon responsible for the situation, BigPharaoh asked the Lebanese, "For how long will you keep your country held hostage by Hezbollah?"

Isaac
07-14-2006, 07:01 AM
so when somene stands upto the zionist bully, they are to blame? I agree lebabnon shouldnt be dragged into war again, but it was defending the plight of the palestinian cause. some of the ways in which they do this are inappropriate, but i must say that defending the cause of the muslim ummah, is one of the noblest act, which can be undertaken by the muslims.

Apparently hezbAllah calim to have 10,000 rockets at the border ready in case the zionist try to enter the heart of lebanon and kill their people. Lets just ope this does not happen, for the sake ofpreventing a war whcih a few people might need :? , but the world can de with out.

And anyway lets just pray for those fighting to defend their lands from the zionist invasions which we have seen and pray for the innocent people on both sides.

snakelegs
07-14-2006, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
from the link you posted:
"The rockets hit the Haifa neighborhood of Stella Maris, a Christian area filled with restaurants, a monastery and a church."
yeah, isn't it depressing that nobody was injured.....
btw, one of our members has a restaurant in haifa. but i guess if he got injured it would serve him right, huh?

snakelegs
07-15-2006, 09:33 PM
zAk,
you are a moderator on an islamic forum. we are told again and again that islam does not condone the attacks on civilians.
how can you say (by the sad ikon) such an unislamic thing.
you are sad that no one was injured in the rocket attacks on haifa. you would've liked some blood? some mangled corpses of children would have cheered you up?
disgusting.

S_87
07-15-2006, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
zAk,
you are a moderator on an islamic forum. we are told again and again that islam does not condone the attacks on civilians.
how can you say (by the sad ikon) such an unislamic thing.
you are sad that no one was injured in the rocket attacks on haifa. you would've liked some blood? some mangled corpses of children would have cheered you up?
disgusting.

how you know he didnt mean soldiers?
islam does not condone acts delibarately on civilians but im sorry to say when you throw a bomb the bomb cant tell between soldier and none soldier which would mean bombs arent allowed?

afriend
07-15-2006, 09:57 PM
death to the Soldiers of the Isreali armies!

Takbeer! Allahu Akbar!!!

snakelegs
07-15-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
how you know he didnt mean soldiers?
islam does not condone acts delibarately on civilians but im sorry to say when you throw a bomb the bomb cant tell between soldier and none soldier which would mean bombs arent allowed?
did you read the link zAk gave?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060713/...ocket_attack_3
"The rockets hit the Haifa neighborhood of Stella Maris, a Christian area filled with restaurants, a monastery and a church."
headline was: "Rockets hit Israel port city; no injuries" and to this: :(
the ikon for "sad".
zAk is a moderator on an islamic forum - is this an example of islam in action?

snakelegs
07-15-2006, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
death to the Soldiers of the Isreali armies!

Takbeer! Allahu Akbar!!!
soldiers is a different matter all together. soldiers kill and are killed.
to be sad that there were no injuries in an attack in a populated city area is another matter entirely.

afriend
07-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh what was happening....

These beauties are what they're using :thumbs_up

S_87
07-16-2006, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
did you read the link zAk gave?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060713/...ocket_attack_3
headline was: "Rockets hit Israel port city; no injuries" and to this: :(
the ikon for "sad".
zAk is a moderator on an islamic forum - is this an example of islam in action?
yh i read the link + israeli soldiers roam all around especially where they arent wanted

Trumble
07-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh what was happening....

These beauties are what they're using :thumbs_up

"Beauties"?! They are designed for one purpose - killing people. Generally in pretty indiscriminate fashion; they are no "smart" weapon and date back to WW2.

Grow up. War is not a game, and Katyusha rockets are not toys. Neither are the rather more sophisticated pieces of hardware the Israelis will use to track them down, destroy them and kill those firing them now its open season in the airspace over Lebanon.

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm actually fairly amazed at the amount of posts on this forum that have to do with killing "Zionists" and destroying Israel, especially when you take into consideration that this forum is partly meant to educate non-Muslims about the true religion of Islam. I can understand anger and frustration, but many of the statements I've read on this forum are simply racist and filled with hate, not to mention an almost child-like fascination with war and killing.

Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 03:55 PM
As much as I want Israel to be kicked in the a**, I strongly doubt Hezbollah (a mere 4000 soldier militia) can possibly do this.

Howver, I think Israel will be the losers here for the following reasons:

1.) They want Hezbollah completely disarmed.
2.) They want their kidnapped soldiers back.
3.) They will probably end up killing thousands Lebanese civilians, while killing only a few Hezbollah members.
4.) Their actions only help people like Bin Laden -- "I told you so."

The first two points are impossible to accomplish. If Israelis sincerely want their soldiers back, they should accept the prison swap. They have done this numerous times before, and I dont see why this is the case now. They really need to negotiate, or else they will never get the kidnapped soldiers alive again. The killing of the Lebanese civilians will only cause more resentment for Israel by the international community. Terrorism will bloom in the region and probably Bin Laden will get more supporters. All in the mess, Iran will get their nuclear capacity.

btw, for all those people rooting for Israel for religious puposes, you should be ashamed, since Lebanon is half-Christrian. Innnocents Christians (and Muslims) were killed and a monestary was destroyed yesterday but the irresponsible Zionists.

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I don't think anyone is "rooting" for Israel. If I tell you that 4,000 Hezbollah fighters can't defeat the IDF, that isn't rooting for Israel, that is a logical conclusion. I don't support what Israel has done for many reasons, but the primary one is because it complicates the U.S. mission in Iraq. I have family and friends currently on duty in Iraq, and I want them to come home as soon as possible. This only creates more confusion and uncertainty in the region, and will not help maintain a lasting peace.

Trumble
07-16-2006, 04:02 PM
btw, for all those people rooting for Israel for religious puposes, you should be ashamed, since Lebanon is half-Christrian. Innnocents Christians (and Muslims) were killed and a monestary was destroyed yesterday but the irresponsible Zionists.
I haven't noticed anybody "rooting for Israel" for religious or any other reasons, although there are certainly some of us who are "rooting" for neither side, and just wish people would stop killing each other, and pursuing policies and taking action that makes such killing seemingly inevitable.

snakelegs
07-16-2006, 06:36 PM
root for someone? like in a football game?
and for one of the moderators, zAk, to express sadness that there were no injuries in haifa is just disgusting - and, i would think, unislamic besides.
who wants civilians to be injured? whether they are jews, muslims or christians. i don't think this is what islam teaches, is it?

SirZubair
07-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Keep on blowing things up,..it will bring back your dead .. :rollseyes

afriend
07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Keep on blowing things up,..it will bring back your dead .. :rollseyes
Exactly....Think about it......

But in war, it's a completely different situation.....

Those Katyussa rockets have an 11 mile range (:'( Beautiful)and can pierce tank armour like a knife thru butter.....

SirZubair
07-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Exactly....Think about it......

But in war, it's a completely different situation.....

Those Katyussa rockets have an 11 mile range (:'( Beautiful)and can pierce tank armour like a knife thru butter.....
Iqram,..Maybe we should borrow Some of those Katyussa rockets..
..we might be able to get SOMETHING through the heads of some of the Forumers here ... :p :p :p

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 07:09 PM
If you are impressed by outdated Russian equipment, perhaps you should check out some of the missiles available to Israel. Not being asinine here, but the rockets Hezbollah use are incredibly outmatched by Israeli firepower. Again, I'm not "rooting" for Israel, but I wouldn't put all your hope in Hezbollah's rockets.

afriend
07-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm not putting my hope into Hizbullah's rockets......If you consider strategy instead of just pounding the enemy in unguided barrages....The effeciency will be increased by atleast 100%.......(you can learn a thing or two Playing realtime strategy games...altho this is far from reality...well not that far)

Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that technology isnt everything. I think Hezbollah would make better use of Israel's weapons than the IDF.

Link
07-16-2006, 07:27 PM
the katucha rockes are nothing - they got much more - suprise suprise every day - Nasrallah (ha) promised

Nablus
07-16-2006, 07:34 PM
inshallah the rockets will reach tel-Aviv and make every zionist suffer endlessly

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 07:37 PM
inshallah the rockets will reach tel-Aviv and make every zionist suffer endlessly
Nice, real nice...

afriend
07-16-2006, 07:42 PM
No that's not nice (i kno ur bein sarcy)......

We need to target soldiers.....GTA missiles are in order, as the air needs to be cleared of jets, as this is the main source of damage......

Link
07-16-2006, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Nice, real nice...
hizbollah wants ground war - military vs military, Nasrallah makes this clear, but they need to protect lebenese people, if Israel wants to continue like this they have to kill Israeli civilians more and more till Israel decides to make it a millitary vs millitary war

Sahraxx
07-16-2006, 08:24 PM
as a muslim is this really what you want do you really beleive that this is what needs to be done to make things better. how can you wish death upon ppl im actually quite shocked by alot of ppl on here

Link
07-16-2006, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahraxx
as a muslim is this really what you want do you really beleive that this is what needs to be done to make things better. how can you wish death upon ppl im actually quite shocked by alot of ppl on here
be shocked, but im my view your reaction proves your a monafiq

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahraxx

Care to elaborate.

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
be shocked, but im my view your reaction proves your a monafiq

Chill brother no need to accuse her of being a munafiq.

Isaac
07-16-2006, 08:39 PM
but the zionist are terrorist. Just like the terroris we see today in iraq and aghanistan killing innocent people, so are the zionist. just how they deserve to be broght to justice so should the zionist plague. if you want world peace destroy the zionist state which hides behind israel.

Isaac
07-16-2006, 08:42 PM
to have justice you need to destroy that which is injustice. and in this case the injustice lies with the zionist enemy which hides behind the isrealy people.

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
to have justice you need to destroy that which is injustice. and in this case the injustice lies with the zionist enemy which hides behind the isrealy people.

I agree but Hamaz and other groups need to target the army not civilians.

Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
I agree but Hamaz and other groups need to target the army not civilians.
So does Israel.

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zionazi_Dissent
So does Israel.

They'll be delt with but us muslims should avoid civilians other wise the jihad is null and void allah tells us not to trangress.

Trumble
07-16-2006, 09:06 PM
How very sad. What they would in fact do is terrorize, kill and maim innocent men, women and children whether they happen to be Zionists or not. There are many muslims in Tel Aviv. And of course, any Israeli retaliation will terrorize, maim and kill innocent Palestinian and Lebanese men, women and children who certainly will not be Zionists.

hizbollah wants ground war - military vs military, Nasrallah makes this clear, but they need to protect lebenese people, if Israel wants to continue like this they have to kill Israeli civilians more and more till Israel decides to make it a millitary vs millitary war
The best way for Hezbollah to "protect" Lebanese people is to get out of Lebanon. They are the target, and the Lebanese were under no threat at all until they provoked it.

If a ground war is really what they want, they are out of their minds... unless they intend to carry it out in urban, civilian filled areas. .. which, of course, they do. Guerilla tactics are the only ones available when your opponent has tanks, mobile artillery and helicopter gunships when you do not. I suspect the Israelis will give them a ground war, or as much of one as is necessary given the total air supremacy they have... that became inevitable after the attack on Haifa.

Link
07-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Lebenese people are a great people. They have will and patience. Hizbollah will begin to amplify their attacks day by day, eventually, Israeli ground forces have to come and fight, and when they do, they will loose, and after that, who knows what will happen.

Zulkiflim
07-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Salaam,

In the time of the Prophet Muhammad saw,he lost and won some wars but never did he break the laws set by Allah.

should islam win by forgetting the laws set by Allah.

It is a very worrisome time,should we be carried by anger and hate and destroy the life around us,not only human lives but the trees and plants and ants and what not.
Men are palced in this world as care takers not masters.
But the question everyone would ask is when they perform atrocities on us should we do the same to them?

ask yourself in the time of jahiliah,when muslim were torturered with whipping,exposed to the desert sun,sandwiched by heavy rocks...Did the Propeht do that same punishment on them?

So in the life of the Prophet has many answers,like the battle of badr( is that right) when the lost the war due to people not following order and their greed got the better of them,and disobeyed the Prophet orders,..

so is it worth it if by winning the war we lose our Islam?

For me i find that with every attack at Israel i rejoice and my heart is gladdened not becasue of their bloo spilled,but becasue the ummah is taking a stand..Fighting for their own rights and independance.

The Jewsih goverment in my eyes,are too blood lust and fear beign the oppresed again after the holocasut.thus they would rather opprese another race,so it is time that they rememebr the pain the suffer under hitler so that they can awaken that this world is for ALL of man..and not just one race.

Zulkiflim
07-16-2006, 09:52 PM
salaam,

always keep in mind the actiona dnr eaction of hezbollah and Isreal.

1) Hezbollah captured 2 sodleirs,and they are in captivity,ALIVE.

2) Isreal strted bombing civillian outpost and cities and airports killing so far 50 Lebanese.

3) In retaliation in response to Isreali force,Hezbollah started to bomb IN Israel.

So ask yourself,Hezbollah captured 2 soldiers whom are still alive,while Israel is holding thousand of mena dn womena dn children captive in their jails...indefinetly.

Isreal attacks civillians and infrastructure,with intent to kill.
Is it wrong for Hezbollah to react in a similiar fashion?

Should hezbollah pay the rpice for Isreali aggresion ?

If the capture of 2 sodliers casued Isreal to go on rampage,how much more should the lebanese be angry at the hostages in Isreal of Lebanese descent?

so in short,HYPROCRISY...

Trumble
07-16-2006, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Should hezbollah pay the rpice for Isreali aggresion ?

It's not just Hezbollah who are paying that price, its the whole Lebanese people, most of whom do not support them. That's the whole point!

Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
It's not just Hezbollah who are paying that price, its the whole Lebanese people, most of whom do not support them. That's the whole point!
Actually the Lebanese people are divided over Hezbollah. Most of the Lebanese resent Israel's irresponsible attack, though.

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 10:10 PM
I suppose kidnapping and killing Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah was a "responsible" act? Especially knowing that Israel was already on a war footing?

Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 10:33 PM
I suppose kidnapping and killing Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah was a "responsible" act? Especially knowing that Israel was already on a war footing?
No, it was not responsible. But what Israel did was downright outrageous. Israelis killed about 200 civilians, while their kidnapped soldiers are still alive LOL. Hezbollah wanted to negotiate, but Israel refused. RIP to the three kidnapped IDF soldiers!

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Hezbollah crosses the border, kills soldiers and kidnaps two of them and then wants to "negotiate?"....am I the only one who sees a flaw in this logic?

Link
07-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Hezbollah crosses the border, kills soldiers and kidnaps two of them and then wants to "negotiate?"....am I the only one who sees a flaw in this logic?
the only flaw in logic is the way you hypocrites think, Israel kidnaps lebanies all the time - and hizbollah has done this before and they have negotiated before. And ofcourse, what was happening in palestine was also enough reason to do this so that they could negotiated on hamas behalf (Nasrallah stated they would do this)

Keltoi
07-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Awww...so Hezbollah kidnapped and killed Israeli soldiers and started a war so they could help the Palestinian people...why didn't I see that, it was so obvious and has worked wonders so far.

Link
07-17-2006, 04:32 AM
Israel and Hizbollah have agreed when they kill each other soldiers - they fight against each other armies and not civilains - it was Israel who broke this agreement not Hizbolllah, May you go to hell and all the other supporters of the Zionst doomed entity

north_malaysian
07-17-2006, 04:35 AM
Israel and Hizbollah have agreed when they kill each other soldiers - they fight against each other armies and not civilains - it was Israel who broke this agreement not Hizbolllah, May you go to hell and all the other supporters of the Zionst doomed entity
:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

GARY
07-17-2006, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zionazi_Dissent
Yeah, I'm sure that technology isnt everything. I think Hezbollah would make better use of Israel's weapons than the IDF.
Indeed. Then it is good for the Israeli civilians that Hezbollah don't have these weapons.

north_malaysian
07-17-2006, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
Indeed. Then it is good for the Israeli civilians that Hezbollah don't have these weapons.
Do Iran and syria have those kind of weapons?:rollseyes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.