/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jumuah

searchingsoul
07-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Do people in the USA get time off work for their friday prayers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Imam786
07-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Of course!! I get out of my job and also out of NYU just to go for Jummah prayers...Alhamdulilah!!.....cant imagine missing out on my prayers on this great day...

north_malaysian
07-14-2006, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imam786
Of course!! I get out of my job and also out of NYU just to go for Jummah prayers...Alhamdulilah!!.....cant imagine missing out on my prayers on this great day...
Wow, never thought of that. Do all offices allow Muslims to do this in America, or some of them.

Imam786
07-14-2006, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Wow, never thought of that. Do all offices allow Muslims to do this in America, or some of them.
i had to tell them its part of my religion and its obligatory that i go for jummah so they give me an hour off Alhamdulilah...i didnt get it just like that i had to speak out strongly or else they dont do anything......i believe everyone has the ability to go for jummah salah no matter if he's a 24/7 working guy or he's a school guy...it all depends on how much Taqwah we have.....:happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.