/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Zidane- my hero

abdullahi
07-14-2006, 01:28 AM
:sl:
Not only is he one of the greatest players of all time, but he's also our brother. For all those haters, read these articles and check out the videos of the "animal" materazzi, as italian players call him, and then tell me you wouldn't respond with force if put in zidane's shoes. you're a lier if you say you wouldn't.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...08&q=materazzi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hbls...arch=materazzi (lower volume, rap music playing in background)
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1044529386490

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
07-14-2006, 02:46 AM
If I'm Zidane i'll do it twice (another one when he was lying on the ground);D

Sis786
07-14-2006, 08:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Can u head butt when the othe man is lying down!

Well all i have to say is that Zidane well done, like the man said he would have rather been punched and after all he is still human.

Like My dad said Zidane should get the Boys togther go and wait outside that LANKY ITALIANS HOUSE AND THEN......(You know the rest);D

lolwatever
07-14-2006, 08:25 AM
what's so good about zidane besides his soccer skills and adidas using him as an advertisement object?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sis786
07-14-2006, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
what's so good about zidane besides his soccer skills?
I kinda agree with you there meaning that he should be seen as a hero for "muslims" but for maybe footy fans

As for his personal life and etc Allah SWT knows best!

north_malaysian
07-14-2006, 08:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Yeah... maybe I should jump on his tummy ..... like 10,000 times then :p

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 08:37 AM
LOl i gotta say, i been a fan since forever, when i saw that i was like when he head butted matterzzi they guy shulda got a heart attack! hehe astaghfiruAlllah!
poor zidane!

Sis786
07-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah... maybe I should jump on his tummy ..... like 10,000 times then :p
Not in a tasty way but i hope you ONE FAT BRO otherwise there aint no point of doing the above!;D

north_malaysian
07-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Not in a tasty way but i hope you ONE FAT BRO otherwise there aint no point of doing the above!;D
Hey.. I dont want to kill him, then maybe I should try 100,000 jumps then :p

Helena
07-14-2006, 09:52 AM
erm as i believer in islam, the path of righteouness..will i take this approach...headbutting someone..as the world has seen it....proving and showing how muslims really like thru headbutting....erm all i can say is have sabr inshalah!

manaal
07-14-2006, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdullahi
Not only is he one of the greatest players of all time, but he's also our brother.
Erm, how can you call him our brother? Sure his parents were Algerian, but is he a practising Muslim? He's married to a spanish dancer named Veronique and his two kids are named Enzo and Luca. Not Muslim names.

seeker_of_ilm
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
Erm, how can you call him our brother? Sure his parents were Algerian, but is he a practising Muslim? He's married to a spanish dancer named Veronique and his two kids are named Enzo and Luca. Not Muslim names.

Thats up to Allah to judge whether he is a muslim or not, and whether or not he is practicing.

manaal
07-14-2006, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Thats up to Allah to judge whether he is a muslim or not, and whether or not he is practicing.
What i meant was "did he leave islam and embrace another religion"? I think a human being could judge that. Just would like to know.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2006, 10:46 AM
you can get much better heroes then him ;)

Ghazi
07-14-2006, 11:16 AM

Hero? the guy a good player but hero?

duke
07-14-2006, 11:17 AM
is it just becoz he is a moslem then he is your hero?

Sis786
07-14-2006, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duke
is it just becoz he is a moslem then he is your hero?
Its Muslim and No thats not the reason he is a good player there are other players that are muslim! he aint the first!

duke
07-14-2006, 12:16 PM
yeah. but anyway, he has everything as a football player. i admire him.

Sis786
07-14-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah. but anyway, he has everything as a football player. i admire him.
I just read my post and it might have seemed a bit pissoffish it wasnt meant to be like that im sorry if it seemed and like i said its his football that he is admired for!

Umar001
07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Just got comments on two things inshallah:

1. I don't get the whole, 'his family is algerian and he maybe Muslim by name but he is married to so and so and his kids are called so and so'

I think Zidane has said he is Muslim, whether he practisis thats abit different, we don't know, but what we have heard is that he is, so lets leave it at that, it feels like people don't want him to be Muslim.

InshAllah may Allah bless and guide me and him to the straight path and keep us there, ameen.

2. I dont get the thing about Muslims having to be proud of Zidane, as some said in this thread, can I ask what we should be proud of him about??

I am not sayin he isnt nice or anything he seems very nice and a friendly fun person and inshallah he is a good Muslim.

But what in particular should Muslims be proud about that our brother Zidane represents, not being arguementative just curious

ZOREENA
07-14-2006, 02:00 PM
So he is Muslim? Algerian are normally Muslim aint they? I dont care what he doez, coz no matter if ur muslim or not, if someone offendz ur mother, it would be hard not to react, especially if she in hospital!! The other guy brought it on himself!! Obviously he said it for a reaction...and thats what he got!! I think he looks the worst not Zidane!!

Eric H
07-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Greetings and peace to you all,

The message that seems to come across is that if someone insults you then punch them.

The teachings of Islam say that the stronger man is the one who controls his anger. Zidane by his very stature is looked on as a hero and a brilliant footballer he is being paid millions and should be able to control himself. It is obvious that the other guy was just out to provoke him and put him off his game, Zidane should have seen through that.

Instead he seems to respond with childish anger. :grumbling

Sadly I have very little sympathy for overpaid personalities when things go wrong.

Take care.

Eric

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-14-2006, 06:34 PM
big Up Zidane.. U Da Man, Man!!

Kittygyal
07-14-2006, 06:37 PM
c'mon people we all know everyone did good even though ok my team ENGLAND lost but c'mon they did good and yea atleast they had the ability to go on a "pitch" and kick a ball c'mon they all palyed fab am not going to say anything cause my RED + WHITE = ENLGALND!

Aisha20
07-14-2006, 07:40 PM
yeaa... Zidane is the best!!! if i am Zidane, i will do it twice..! BLAH... MAZERRATI

searcheroftruth
07-14-2006, 09:58 PM
zidane is a football player and hero is not the right word to use to describe him a hero should be to someone that has fought and died for islam and are prophet muhammad

Zuko
07-14-2006, 11:53 PM
He is an excellent player no doubt and deserved the golden ball but he calls himself a non-practicing muslim... Not something he should be saying in public even if it were true. But I gotta hand it to him, that headbutt rocked!

Watch this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=js0vOgjBf...lve%20Problems

duke
07-15-2006, 02:42 AM
I just read my post and it might have seemed a bit pissoffish it wasnt meant to be like that im sorry if it seemed and like i said its his football that he is admired for!
no. that's okay. it is also good that he is a muslim. though some people say he is a non practising muslim (hopefully he practise), probably someday he will (and that would be better).

Zionazi_Dissent
07-15-2006, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
The teachings of Islam say that the stronger man is the one who controls his anger. Zidane by his very stature is looked on as a hero and a brilliant footballer he is being paid millions and should be able to control himself. It is obvious that the other guy was just out to provoke him and put him off his game, Zidane should have seen through that.

Instead he seems to respond with childish anger.
Excellent post. Personally, I dont care if he's Muslim because apparently he is non-practicing and doesnt give a damn about other Muslims.

(btw, Ribery is also Muslim, much better than Zidan.e).

Zionazi_Dissent
07-15-2006, 07:57 AM
LOL, just joking :D. If we all knew hot to headbutt like Zidane, peace would be prevailing in the Middle East.

Zionazi_Dissent
07-15-2006, 07:58 AM
Edit:

LOL, just joking . If we all knew how to headbutt like Zidane, peace would be prevailing in the Middle East.

Hijaabi22
07-15-2006, 12:48 PM
id do it thrice!

ZOREENA
07-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I think it was sumthing that if u wer in the situation u would only know how hard it was i mean for 90 minz this guy cudda been on Zidanez case...whether he Muslim or not it would have tested anyonez patience!

Muezzin
07-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Let me get this straight: You guys who call him your 'hero' following this headbutting incident say so because of his reaction to an insult?

Look, if anyone said anything bad about my mother, I'd probably feel like lamping the guy too, but it wouldn't make my actions morally right, or even justified. What about the hadith about the strong being the one who controls himself while in anger?

That said, I don't mean to backbite Zidane. I'm sure he realises and repents for his mistake - I just don't think we should justify it.

Djinn
07-15-2006, 11:15 PM

Well all i have to say is that Zidane well done, like the man said he would have rather been punched and after all he is still human.

Like My dad said Zidane should get the Boys togther go and wait outside that LANKY ITALIANS HOUSE AND THEN......(You know the rest);D

I'm very disappointed, you all seem to 'glorify' what Zidane has done, do I need to remind you that France lost because of him. He is no great player, he's an arrogant fool who needs a good kick in his ego.

:w:

Muezzin
07-15-2006, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Djinn

I'm very disappointed, you all seem to 'glorify' what Zidane has done, do I need to remind you that France lost because of him.
No, they lost because Barthez didn't save a single goal in penalties. I'm not blaming him either, I like the guy (anyone with a head that shiny deserves instant respect).

That said, it is not good to glorify or justify this sort of behaviour.

He is no great player, he's an arrogant fool who needs a good kick in his ego.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just don't agree with yours.

Djinn
07-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just don't agree with yours.
Agree to whatever you wish, but this is not how we play the game, and France lost his MVP during the game and gave the penalty to Italy for the win. The most virtous always win. Hands up for Italy! Nuff said.

GARY
07-15-2006, 11:38 PM
There are no excuses for Zizou.

Sport demands mental discipline in order to be a champion.

Zizou proved that he is no champion. He may be a great player,

but no champion. Champions are able to overcome all odds to

win.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but an off-color remark to

me will get you a head-butt in the chest!
Considering the remarks made on a regular basis from one player to another, and the whole idea of "getting into" your opponents head, controlling one's reaction to this kind of strategy would be a major part of being a "champion". Players should expect this, especially in a game of such importance.

Zionazi_Dissent
07-15-2006, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
Considering the remarks made on a regular basis from one player to another, and the whole idea of "getting into" your opponents head, controlling one's reaction to this kind of strategy would be a major part of being a "champion". Players should expect this, especially in a game of such importance.
Lets not forget he was called the "son of a terrorist -----." Considering that his mother was very ill, I salute Zidane for his headbutt. If I were him, I'd kick Materazzi in the balls as well.

ZOREENA
07-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Salam.....can U Tell Me How U Build Reputation?i Cant Contact U Personally Coz I Aint A Full Memeber

Djinn
07-16-2006, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZOREENA
Salam.....can U Tell Me How U Build Reputation?i Cant Contact U Personally Coz I Aint A Full Memeber

By contributing to the ideals of the forum and being on-topic when you post. Other members who have Rep Power points can give you some if they wish to do so.

bint_muhammed
07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
c'mon people we all know everyone did good even though ok my team ENGLAND lost but c'mon they did good and yea atleast they had the ability to go on a "pitch" and kick a ball c'mon they all palyed fab am not going to say anything cause my RED + WHITE = ENLGALND!
yeah i agree, i was supporting england, but once they were out and after i cried my eyes out, i started supporting, or wanting france to win just coz of zidan! (sounds very sad i know! lol)

bint_muhammed
07-16-2006, 11:27 PM
what zidan did wasnt right and we shouldnt praise him fro it, however he was human and we all make mistakes. i'm sure he probably upset after reacting like that, but why not follow the sunnah way, by patients!

GARY
07-17-2006, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zionazi_Dissent
Lets not forget he was called the "son of a terrorist -----." Considering that his mother was very ill, I salute Zidane for his headbutt. If I were him, I'd kick Materazzi in the balls as well.
We actually agree on one point here. I would probably like to respond the same way (kick in the balls included) if he insulted my mother, especially considering she is sick. But that is why you and I are not champions in a given sport. And that is why Zidane is not as well. That was the point being made.
A champion expects such behaviour, and has the self-control and class to rise above it.

musa786
07-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Salaam

Zidane said that the italian defender insulted his mother (which is sick) and also his sister. And it all started when Zidane said I will give you my shirt at the end of the match

WS

Sis786
07-17-2006, 08:37 AM
no. that's okay. it is also good that he is a muslim. though some people say he is a non practising muslim (hopefully he practise), probably someday he will (and that would be better).
True! Peace bro!

------
07-17-2006, 08:46 AM
it is also good that he is a muslim. though some people say he is a non practising muslim (hopefully he practise), probably someday he will (and that would be better).
Insha'Allah!

Sweet_Boy
07-17-2006, 10:23 AM
hmm i think zidane did what he had to ... i mean im a italia fan since day one but i know materazzi said something ... you dont do that for nothing so yeah im with zidane on this ... ( i hate materazzi since he plays for inter milan as well he always try to take out the ac milan players ... hes just sad and needs a lot more than a head butt ... )

Sis786
07-17-2006, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Boy
( i hate materazzi since he plays for inter milan as well he always try to take out the ac milan players ... hes just sad and needs a lot more than a head butt ... )
This made me laugh man you lot do take your football too serious!:D And i agree with the head butt i think he deserved it and as Zidane said i am only human!

duke
07-17-2006, 10:42 AM
both zidane n matt did mistake. but only matt deserved a headbutt.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-17-2006, 01:31 PM
oki.. ummm.. dis topic iz getn all serious :P

the_muslimah
07-17-2006, 02:30 PM
zidane-hero???what a joke
as muslims, our role model/hero/perfect example is in the life of the prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam and to describe anyone else as a hero, especially a football player who doesnt seem to even want to acknowledge the fact that hes a muslim is plainly ridiculous!

MRR
07-17-2006, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by musa786
Salaam

Zidane said that the italian defender insulted his mother (which is sick) and also his sister. And it all started when Zidane said I will give you my shirt at the end of the match

WS
That's when I would have wiped my nose in his shirt.

duke
07-20-2006, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MRR
That's when I would have wiped my nose in his shirt.
aahh..dripping nose detected.

Hijaabi22
07-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Cant Believe Zidane Got Fined 4 Dat Classic Headbutttttt Wat Is Goin Oooooooon!

Kittygyal
07-20-2006, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
Cant Believe Zidane Got Fined 4 Dat Classic Headbutttttt Wat Is Goin Oooooooon!
serves him right!!

Hijaabi22
07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
no waaaaaaaays man! If i was in zidanes shoes i wudda done sumat twice as bad!! :rant:

aamirsaab
07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by the_muslimah
zidane-hero???what a joke
as muslims, our role model/hero/perfect example is in the life of the prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam and to describe anyone else as a hero, especially a football player who doesnt seem to even want to acknowledge the fact that hes a muslim is plainly ridiculous!
Finally, some sanity.

Kittygyal
07-20-2006, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
no waaaaaaaays man! If i was in zidanes shoes i wudda done sumat twice as bad!! :rant:

C'mon man why did he swear in the face place cudn't he resist wiv out it, i was lafn me head off when he got a red card!! :giggling: :giggling: :thankyou:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-20-2006, 08:10 PM
same sis soldieress.. i wudda done wayyyy worser.. how dare he :|

Aisha20
07-21-2006, 06:06 PM
cant believe the FIFA... after all zidane was punished with 3 matches and materrazi with 2 [MAD]arg...!!! bad decision[/MAD]

Muezzin
07-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Um, isn't Zidane retired/retiring anyway?

Aisha20
07-21-2006, 08:28 PM
yes... :(

Kittygyal
07-21-2006, 08:30 PM
well serves him right!

dianputri
07-22-2006, 06:12 AM
nothing,,but the truth,,

I LOVE ZIDANE !!!:statisfie :statisfie

the punishment from FIFA to him,,is unfair,,,
this year world cup is not same with the motto :
"Say No to RAcism"

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-28-2006, 08:46 PM
zidane iz wkd.. but da way some r praisin him.. its quite bad..!

Kittygyal
07-28-2006, 08:47 PM
now this thread should be close people just get a grip now Zidane is just one of the racist people and whom think he is a big fish cause seriously if you thinbk about he's a looser and he has no manners what so ever MAN U all the way so close this thread mods/admins plz!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-28-2006, 08:49 PM
hell no, zidanez wkd.. dat italian guy deserved it.. stupid *?!#!?* LOL

n arsenall all da waaaaaaayyy!

Kittygyal
07-28-2006, 08:52 PM
thread closed no use of this thread!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-28-2006, 08:54 PM
fair enuf..

THREAD CLOSED.. *if u reply afta dis u smell*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.