/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tranquility seeker

jomur
07-14-2006, 04:27 AM
Peace upon to you all,

I've been exploring Islam for quite a while now, not to mention that I was brought up as one. But right now I'm at a confused stage so I have come seeking answers to my questions. If there are any debates I'd definately take interest but for now I'll just explore this forum. I understand that there are both Muslims and non-Muslims here and I will try my best to show respect and please others as I know that I, myself am here for help and will not recieve help otherwise.

Ahhh, it is wonderful to have questions answered. But I'd like you all to denote the fact that not all answers are answerable. Once there are infinite answers there is no answer, e.g. the answer to whether or not God exists. Therein, I'll oblige with amenable questions.

A friend once said to me, "When a Muslim believes in God they believe it to be the truth, the solution; he has comfort. The universe fits perfectly for him. To him everything is solved, there is a system and his mind percieves the existence of this system. Therefore his mind is at peace, and he himself is responsible for this system because his mind believes it."

The prominent notion of morality resides in every soul. One would conceive the purpose of life as to being moral. Religion is but a guide, its tactics usually lead to morality. And that is the importance of religion besides belief in God. The question is, can one be moral without religion? Is religion so necessary? Given the gift of possessing a conscience we can critique religion, in this case Islam.

Islam claims itself to be the perfect religion along with the Quran. This religion identifies itself to be the fulfillment of one's life. It declares itself to be the truth and infallible. If it really is that way then demeaning questions should not degrade it's meaning but stregnthen it. We'll see just that if Islam is really what it claims to be.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
07-14-2006, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jomur
Peace upon to you all,

I've been exploring Islam for quite a while now, not to mention that I was brought up as one. But right now I'm at a confused stage so I have come seeking answers to my questions. If there are any debates I'd definately take interest but for now I'll just explore this forum. I understand that there are both Muslims and non-Muslims here and I will try my best to show respect and please others as I know that I, myself am here for help and will not recieve help otherwise.

Ahhh, it is wonderful to have questions answered. But I'd like you all to denote the fact that not all answers are answerable. Once there are infinite answers there is no answer, e.g. the answer to whether or not God exists. Therein, I'll oblige with amenable questions.

A friend once said to me, "When a Muslim believes in God they believe it to be the truth, the solution; he has comfort. The universe fits perfectly for him. To him everything is solved, there is a system and his mind percieves the existence of this system. Therefore his mind is at peace, and he himself is responsible for this system because his mind believes it."

The prominent notion of morality resides in every soul. One would conceive the purpose of life as to being moral. Religion is but a guide, its tactics usually lead to morality. And that is the importance of religion besides belief in God. The question is, can one be moral without religion? Is religion so necessary? Given the gift of possessing a conscience we can critique religion, in this case Islam.

Islam claims itself to be the perfect religion along with the Quran. This religion identifies itself to be the fulfillment of one's life. It declares itself to be the truth and infallible. If it really is that way then demeaning questions should not degrade it's meaning but stregnthen it. We'll see just that if Islam is really what it claims to be.
Moving words. I think I'll be able to learn a lot from you. Welcome to the forum.

Nusaybah
07-14-2006, 04:59 AM
[QUOTE=jomur;400052]Peace upon to you all,

I've been exploring Islam for quite a while now, not to mention that I was brought up as one. But right now I'm at a confused stage so I have come seeking answers to my questions. QUOTE]

:welcome: can you callobarate more on what confused you about Islam:?

madeenahsh
07-14-2006, 05:01 AM
Hello,

Welcome to this forum .

The best place to get your answers would be, if ofcourse ,you really are interested in knowing the truth then best to ask ppl who have knowledge and these are ppl who study the religion and impliment there duties to their best abilitys. if you are interested in knowing where , inshAllah I can post you a link of a brother who is student of knowldge and his revert himself and well known teacher and editor of islamic books and also more others inshAllah this is where you can get best answers inshAllah.

Wasallam alykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jomur
07-14-2006, 05:10 AM
[QUOTE=Nusaybah;400074]
Peace upon to you all,

I've been exploring Islam for quite a while now, not to mention that I was brought up as one. But right now I'm at a confused stage so I have come seeking answers to my questions. QUOTE]

:welcome: can you callobarate more on what confused you about Islam:
I've only started to come to this forum. Little by little, hopefully, you'll see my confusions. I'm confused about certain Islamic laws that I do not yet assent to.

jomur
07-14-2006, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by madeenahsh
Hello,

Welcome to this forum .

The best place to get your answers would be, if ofcourse ,you really are interested in knowing the truth then best to ask ppl who have knowledge and these are ppl who study the religion and impliment there duties to their best abilitys. if you are interested in knowing where , inshAllah I can post you a link of a brother who is student of knowldge and his revert himself and well known teacher and editor of islamic books and also more others inshAllah this is where you can get best answers inshAllah.

Wasallam alykum

I come here for answers and debates. I'm tired of being referred to other sites. This site's intention is indeed to inform non-believers and Muslims of Islam and so I have come. I've been to so many sites, anti-Islamic as well as Islamic and they usually contradict. Also, there are two sites that respond to eachother, answering-christianity.org and ---------------------. These sites give plenty of explanations yet I remain in quandary. Here I can get actual advice and comments which is much more than a simple site with the evaluation of Islam itself. Either way I'd be attending to one-sided sites.
But what I mean by truth is by far more of an intricate topic, that will be discussed soon rather. Nice meeting you by the way.:)

madeenahsh
07-14-2006, 03:50 PM
I come here for answers and debates. I'm tired of being referred to other sites. This site's intention is indeed to inform non-believers and Muslims of Islam and so I have come. I've been to so many sites, anti-Islamic as well as Islamic and they usually contradict. Also, there are two sites that respond to eachother, answering-christianity.org and ---------------------. These sites give plenty of explanations yet I remain in quandary. Here I can get actual advice and comments which is much more than a simple site with the evaluation of Islam itself. Either way I'd be attending to one-sided sites.
But what I mean by truth is by far more of an intricate topic, that will be discussed soon rather. Nice meeting you by the way.:)

Hello

Am not planing to refer u to any site u can talk to someone via mail or maybe attend his lesson at paltalk and he is a well educated teacher who answers all kind of questions which u might have ,as I said before ask ppl of knowledge and not individuels like me or anyone in this. But the choise is yours.

thanks in advance.

jomur
07-15-2006, 07:11 AM
This is very painstaking, wow to get 50 posts to become a full member. I can complain for long with no good result but this is simply unbearable. How is it possible to make 50 posts if we're not even allowed to post anywhere else? Would you guys please refer me to where I can continue with a meaningful discussion worth typing up responses/comments to? (not saying that this isn't meaningful at all.)

F.Y.
07-15-2006, 08:14 AM
^some people just go to the halal fun section and post in there for a while. Meaningless, but alas...yes.
Peace

afriend
07-15-2006, 09:04 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum! :)

I don't think this is the place to be answering too many questions, but surely, create a new thread in the refutations section and I will do as much as I possibly can to help u out there Inshallah :)

I look forward to your posts.

afriend2
07-16-2006, 05:34 PM
salaam,

welcome to LI, inshAllah have a great time posting here!

wassalam :peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.