/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israel bombs Palestinian Foreign Ministry

sonz
07-14-2006, 10:00 AM
An Israeli warplane bombed the office of the Palestinian Foreign ministry early Thursday, destroying part of the building and causing widespread damage in the area, Reuters news agency reported.

The pre-dawn raid destroyed the third and fourth floors of the Foreign Ministry building, damaged nearby houses and vehicles, and wounded more than 13 civilians, including several children.

There were no reports of casualties inside the ministry building, which was empty at the time of the Israeli attack.

The air strike signaled that Israel is expanding its widescale offensive to pressure Palestinian resistance groups to free Cpl Gilad Shalit who was seized at a border post on June 25.

The Israeli army, which accuses Palestinian Foreign Minister Mahmoud Zahar of having known in advance of the soldier’s capture, confirmed that it carried out an air strike on the Foreign Ministry, saying that it is “led by Hamas”.

Zahar had earlier said that negotiations were the only way to end the crisis.

But correspondents say that Israel responded by attacking his office to prove that the Israeli government won’t negotiate and that the Israeli soldier must be released without conditions.

Speaking after the Israeli attack, Zahar, who has escaped previous assassination attempts, appeared unfazed.

"Everybody here is wanted by Israel, everybody is a target, every house is a target and every tree is a target. This is the destructive system built in what is called Israel," he said.

Meanwhile, Palestinian Foreign Ministry spokesman Taher al-Nunu accused Israel of carrying out "organized terrorism that targets all the Palestinian people and aims to exterminate all government institutions, one after another, to prevent them from carrying out their duties."

In a separate attack, an Israeli air strike killed an Islamic Jihad fighter and wounded another before daybreak Thursday in southern Gaza, where Israeli forces started an incursion a day earlier.

Israel killed more than 24 Palestinian civilians in Gaza on Wednesday, including nine members of one family whose Gaza City house was hit by an Israeli missile.

It was the highest number of Palestinians killed in a single day since Israeli troops entered the Gaza Strip on June 28.

Israel also launched an assault on Wednesday on its border with Lebanon, where Hezbollah fighters seized two Israeli soldiers and killed eight others in the heaviest cross-border fighting since Israel withdrew from southern Lebanon six years ago.

Dozens of Israeli air strikes struck bridges, roads and suspected Hezbollah posts, killing at least two Lebanese civilians, one Hezbollah fighter, and one soldier.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nablus
07-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Israel is killing the humanbeings , the plants , andthe stones

اسرائيل تقتل البشر والشجر والحجر

duke
07-15-2006, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
Israel is killing the humanbeings , the plants , andthe stones

اسرائيل تقتل البشر والشجر والحجر
and the life, and the soul.

nimrod
07-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Sonz, what, do you think, about the fact that Israel choose not to bomb the building, at say 11:00 am?

Surely if their intent was wanton killing, then they would have chosen an hour that people would have been in the building????

Your opinion?

Thanks
Nimrod

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zionazi_Dissent
07-15-2006, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimrod
Surely if their intent was wanton killing, then they would have chosen an hour that people would have been in the building????

Your opinion?

Thanks
Nimrod
Israel deliberately killed 63 innocent Lebanese civilians. Hezbollah killed 4. Israel injured over 170 civilians, Hezbollah injured about 100 (IDF sources). It's apparent who is the aggressor and who is the victim.

duke
07-15-2006, 07:28 AM
if a am a king of saud or another muslims country leader, i would send my jet fighters/bombers and tanks to smoke those zionist infidels. i just wish lol

Zionazi_Dissent
07-15-2006, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by duke
if a am a king of saud or another muslims country leader, i would send my jet fighters/bombers and tanks to smoke those zionist infidels. i just wish lol
Yeah! What's also sad is that Christian Lebanese are suffering as well, not that Israel cares.

duke
07-15-2006, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zionazi_Dissent
Yeah! What's also sad is that Christian Lebanese are suffering as well, not that Israel cares.
they care of nothing.
my heart sunk when they killed the palestinian.
but once i heard there are christian casualties, i got even boiled.

nimrod
07-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Zionazi_Dissent, I noticed you didn’t bother to answer the question.

Thanks
Nimrod

Link
07-16-2006, 03:10 AM
Syria sent once 200 jet fighters against 50 Isreali fighters - not one ISreali fighter down and all 200 got destroyed. We don't have the tech for air fight, that's a fact. Tanks - u need to get rid of puppet in Jordan or Egypt.

Trumble
07-16-2006, 03:12 AM
They know perfectly well who would get "smoked", and it wouldn't be the Israelis.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.