/* */

PDA

View Full Version : foreigner living in Cairo, Egypt

sister_fatima
05-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Salam brothers and sisters. I am an American living in Cairo, it's great because you feel Islam so much more than in the States. The biggest reason why I left the States to live here is becasue I can hear the call to prayer five times a day. It's loud and clear and calls us to worship Allah, subhana wa taala. I usually hear the adhan, leave what I'm doing for a few minutes, make wuddhu and pray. It's simple and easy. It's beautiful, constant remembrance of Allah. Egypt is a loud country. There's loud music coming from here or there, cars beeping constantly, people selling things in the street, calling out or banging on something so as to be heard. The adhan cuts right through all of that. People turn off their radios or cassette players for a few minutes, theyt stop talking for a bit as they make their shahada. Now, there's all this talk of cutting the adhan out completely, it would just be broadcast on the radio! No more loud adhans on every corner to call people top worship, it'll be such a loss. I can't believe they are even considering this. Living here will be like living in any kefer country. I tried to escape that lifestyle there, and now Egypt is looking a lot more like Europe and the States in its desire to be a secular nation. Any thoughts on this? Salams

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ra`eesah
05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Oh that is soo SAD! but why?! egypt is a muslim country...but is it for sure? is there anyway the ppl of egypt can stop it from happening?

MetSudaisTwice
05-26-2005, 11:07 AM
man that is so sad and if that does happen soon other cuontries will follow, i really hope it does not happen as egypt is a great country with some gifted recitors mashallah

thc
05-27-2005, 01:43 PM
IT is possible to hear the azaan on tv on certain channels

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.