/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Da Vinci Code

London2006
07-14-2006, 07:35 PM
:sl:
What do Muslims say about the Da Vinci Code? I mean, I think the novel supports the non-Islamic idea that Jesus was crucified, but apart from that, ideas like Jesus having descendants or Jesus even having a relationship with Mary Magdalene... what does Islam say about this? It's said in the book that Mary Magdalene wasn;t a prostitue after all and that the church simply wanted to establish male power. So what do Muslims say??? :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
07-14-2006, 08:11 PM
The Da Vinci Code is a novel, not a history book. The novel takes some historal facts and creates multipal "Conspiracy Theories". It's only value is entertainment.

Isa Abdullah
07-15-2006, 12:07 AM
bismillah

First and foremost, you must remember that the Qur'an and ahadith are our primary sources of authentic information regarding truth. Whatever Allaah (swt) has told us will suffice. Likewise, with his messenger (saw).

I understand your inquiries, my wife posed the same questions. We know the formation of this apotheosis of Isa ibn Maryam (as). We know that because it is backed by history. The novel written by Dan Brown is not what I would refer to for information.

The Qur'an does not state anything other than his message and his being saved by Allaah (swt) from crucifiction.

The knowledge you ask is a 'luxury' of knowledge. It will not benefit us if we knew, nor if we did not.

I recommed delving into books written on Christian history, if you want to learn more. It is interesting and will help you, insha'Allaah.

London2006
07-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks to everyone for their replies.... I understand that Da Vinci Code is just a book but I was just a bit curious because there are things in the book that agreed with the Qur'an (e.g. saying Isa was a normal prophet/man, not the son of God, etc)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul-Raouf
07-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Dan Brown ........... Got A Lot Of Imaginative Power....... give him NOBLE PRIZE FOR IMAGINATION(FOR DREAMING):giggling: ;D :happy:

Zulkiflim
07-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Salaam,

Well supposedly Prophet Jesus as was 30 ++ years right,if going by the cultural context of that time i would say it is highly unlikely that he was not married.

We do not have anyhing in the quran or sunnah that say he was or was not married.
but even if he was and had children,the children are no more important than any creation of Allah.

All of man are equal.

Muezzin
07-15-2006, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
The Da Vinci Code is a novel, not a history book. The novel takes some historal facts and creates multipal "Conspiracy Theories". It's only value is entertainment.
Agreed. It may be good entertainment (I say 'may' since I've not read it or watched the movie), but historically accurate it ain't.

Hijrah
07-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Dan Brown’s book ‘The Da Vinci Code’ is not only an attack on Christianity – but an attack on all Believers in God.

The believing community ( Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Christians, Muslims etc) need to take careful note at the kind of ungodly message that Dan Brown’s book The Da Vinci Code is spreading under the guise of ‘fiction and best-seller thriller’. Either Dan Brown writes facts or he writes fiction and conspiracy theories – but it is highly unethical, mischievous and lacking of academic honesty to ‘play’ with people’s beliefs in such a manner. We call upon all believers to slam Dan Brown and Corgi Books for :‘ mixing lies with truth, theory with fact, conspiracy with reality – and then passing it off as a book of fiction

Dan Brown’s‘The Da Vinci Code’says‘every faith is a fabrication’
On page 451-452 of his book he writes :
‘But you told me the New Testament is based on fabrications’
Langdon smiled. ‘Sophie, every faith in the world is based on fabrication. That is the definition of faith- acceptance of that which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove. Every religion describes God through metaphor, allegory and exaggeration…
If you and I could dig up documentation that contradicted the holy stories of the Islamic belief, Judaic belief, Buddhist belief, pagan belief, should we do that?..Or that Jesus was not born of a literal virgin birth?

Why the big fuss NOW – in 2006 about Jesus[p] Blood Line ?
In terms of the so-called ‘grand discovery’ of Dan Brown, albeit shrouded in more conspiracy and secrecy unparalled in any religious scripture, Dan Brown himself admits on page 339 that many other books were written alleging that Jesus[p] married Mary Magdalene and had children. In fact one of these authors brought an unsuccessful law suite against Dan Brown accusing him of ‘copying / stealing his idea’. So why Dan Brown’s Book becomes a world’s best seller now in 2006? He answers this himself on page 357:
‘The millennium has recently passed, and with it has ended the 2000 year long astrological Age of Pisces- the fish which is also the sign of Jesus..the Piscean ideal that man must be told what to do by higher powers because man is incapable of thinking for himself. Hence it was a time of fervent religion. Now, however, we are entering the Age of Aquarius- the water bearer-whose ideals claim that man will learn the truth and be able to think for himself. The ideological shift is enormous, and it is occurring right now.’

Is it not ironic Mr Dan Brown, that the very religious scriptures that you cast doubt on have predicted your arrival 1400 ago ? We were told in the Last Testament of the battle lines being drawn between those that believe in God and those that do not. But one more bad news for you Dan, ‘the higher powers’ also told us believers that the ‘Pisceans’ will overcome the ‘Aquarians’. Is this why you wrote in your other book Angels and Demons God’s people, he thought. 2000 years of waiting for their Messiah, and they’re still persistent as hell.’? Be patient Dan. What’s the hurry? Are you nervous you’re going to lose? Don’t stress Dan. Have faith Dan, you will be relaxed and be with the winners !!
http://www.ahmed-deedat.co.za/frameset.asp

Zohair
07-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Why must muslims and christians take offence to the book?

the way that dan brown presented the conspiracy theories was not a rude manner. and, actually, these conspiracies were held by prominent figures in history such as leonardo da vinci, Isaac Newton etc.

As Muslims, it is our duty to respect other people's views on religion and faith, this is another view on Isa A.S, just like how christians have a different view on Isa A.S.

Isa A.S will get married when he descends down onto the earth. I don't know if he was married before though.

Abdul-Raouf
07-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Isa A.S will get married when he descends down onto the earth.

London2006
07-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Ah ok now there's something else that's confusing me now, lol. So Isa a.s is meant to get married only after he returns, and so he didn't marry in the first place?:?

Zohair
07-16-2006, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by London2006
Ah ok now there's something else that's confusing me now, lol. So Isa a.s is meant to get married only after he returns, and so he didn't marry in the first place?:?
It says no where in the quran or any hadith that suggest that Isa A.S was married. there are no ayaat or ahadith that talk about Isa a.s and marriage so we really don't know. but like I said in my other post, he will get married when he comes down.

Isa Abdullah
07-16-2006, 07:55 PM
bismillah

I believe that information and reference to certain ahadith are needed. Is there a hadith that says Isa ibn Maryam (as) will be married?

Isa Abdullah
07-16-2006, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zohair
It says no where in the quran or any hadith that suggest that Isa A.S was married. there are no ayaat or ahadith that talk about Isa a.s and marriage so we really don't know. but like I said in my other post, he will get married when he comes down.

bismillah

ans how do you come to this conclusion, brother?

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isa Abdullah
bismillah

I believe that information and reference to certain ahadith are needed. Is there a hadith that says Isa ibn Maryam (as) will be married?
:sl:

Yes He will.

Isa Abdullah
07-16-2006, 07:58 PM
bismillah

Please post the hadith.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.