/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kaaba is at centre of the world: need explanation

Muslim_4life
05-13-2006, 04:22 AM
Asslamulaikum Brothers and Sisters :)

I've heard that the Kabba is the center of the Earth or the center of the universe, is this true?

Jazakallah Kheir

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NJUSA
05-13-2006, 04:48 AM
Er, it's not quite the center of the earth, that's further south and west-near Western Africa. As for the universe, search me.

Muslim_4life
05-13-2006, 04:52 AM
Asslamulaikum Brothers and Sisters

mmm I found this article is this liable i dunno? url(http://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=545)
Islamic Science: Neil Armstrong Proved Mecca is the Center of the World

The following are excerpts from an interview with Dr. Abd Al-Baset Al-Sayyed of the Egyptian National Research Center. Al-Majd TV aired this interview on January 16, 2005

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: The centrality [of Mecca] has been proven scientifically. How? When they traveled to outer space and took pictures of the earth, they saw that it is a dark, hanging sphere. The man said, "Earth is a dark hanging sphere – who hung it?"

Interviewer: Who said that?

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: [Neil] Armstrong. Armstrong was basically trying to say: Allah is the one who hung it. They discovered that Earth emits radiation, and they wrote about this on the web. They left the item there for 21 days, and then they made it disappear.

Interviewer: Why did they make it disappear?

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: There was intent there…

Interviewer: So it may be said that this suppression of information was significant.

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: It was very significant, since…the Ka'ba [in Mecca]… They said it emits radiation. This radiation is short-wave.

When they discovered this radiation, they started to zoom in, and they found that it emanates from Mecca – and, to be precise, from the Ka'ba.

Interviewer: My God!!

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: It was said…

Interviewer: Does this radiation have an effect?

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: They found that this radiation is infinite. When they reached Mars and began to take pictures, they found that the radiation continues beyond. They said that the wavelength known to us… or rather the shortness of the wavelength known to us… This radiation had a special characteristic: It is infinite, and I believe that the reason is that this radiation connects the [earthly] Ka'ba with the celestial Ka'ba.

Imagine that you are the North Pole and I am the South Pole – in the middle there's what is called the magnetic equilibrium zone. If you place a compass there, the needle won't move.

Interviewer: You mean that the pull is equal from both sides?

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: Yes, and that's why it's called zero-magnetism zone, since the magnetic force has no effect there. That's why if someone travels to Mecca or lives there, he lives longer, is healthier, and is less affected by Earth's gravity. That's why when you circle the Ka'ba, you get charged with energy.

Interviewer: Allah be praised.

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: Yes, this is a fact.
This is a scientific fact…

Interviewer: Because you are distant from…

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: Earth's magnetic fields have no effect on you in this case.

There's a study that proves that the black basalt rocks in Mecca are the oldest rocks in the world. This is the truth.

Interviewer: The oldest rocks? Yes. Has this been proved scientifically?

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: It's been scientifically proven, and the study has been published.

Interviewer: They took basalt rocks from Mecca…

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: …Basalt rocks from Mecca, and investigated the places where they were formed.

In the British Museum there are three pieces of the black stone [from the Ka'ba] …and they said that this rock didn't come from our solar system

akulion
05-13-2006, 05:17 AM
Salam Alaikum

I did research long before into the above articles and its contents - they remain unverified - neither NASA nor Neil Armstrong have ever been recorded to have made any such statements or we would clearly hear about them somewhere atleast.

Allah knows best....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nafiisah
05-13-2006, 05:53 AM
In fact , I always heard that, I think from my parents.
anyways, it is somewhere near the middle of the Earth
And also , i think pigeons which use magnetic Field of the Earth for travelling don't come near the Kaaba.
Allah and his Mesenger (sallallahu 3alaihi wassallam) know best.

akulion
05-13-2006, 05:56 AM
yes ive heard it also but I dont know wether its true or not scientifically

akulion
05-13-2006, 06:03 AM
ok I did some googling and wikipedia research and here is what i found out

THERE IS NO GEOGRAPHIC CENTER OF THE EARTH

Why?

simply because the Earth is spherical in shape, so its exact center would be its core and not located anywhere on the surface.

As far as geographic center is concerned it is a matter of prespective - if you are in spain to you that is the geographic center of the earth because you measure time zones and distances from that particular location..

same would apply if you are in China for you that would be the center.

Further research : I found an interesting article claiming Jeuresulem was the center of the earth

which just goes to show that every religion wants to portray its holy places as being the center of the world and even the universe....

So basically there is no geographic center of the earth

akulion
05-13-2006, 06:08 AM
Further research has also revealed that Mecca is not the geographic center of the world eiter

in fact the magnetic feilds are focused around different pints around the world

akulion
05-13-2006, 06:10 AM
salam alaikum again

please disregard my post about "geographic center of the earth" - even though its content is true that in REALITY there is no geographic center of the Earth - but for reasons of "navigation and map making" there is a set center....

it seems there is indeed one

The Gulf of Guinea is the part of the Atlantic southwest of Africa. The gulf is considered the geographic center of the earth because it is zero degrees longitude and latitude (where the Equator and Prime Meridian meet).
Source URL

NJUSA
05-13-2006, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion

So basically there is no geographic center of the earth
The earth is more of a slightly flattened round shape btw, just about oval. Speaking of China and locating the center of the earth, Chinese cartographers were among those who, in early maps, portrayed their homeland as the largest and most central land mass. Talk about being self-centered. And don't fret, most other big, powerful countries have done the same.

imaad_udeen
05-13-2006, 07:15 PM
It is theorized that the universe in infinite, so I doubt there could be a center of it.

akulion
05-14-2006, 03:42 PM
As for the center of the universe - we already know that the Earth is no where near the center because it is located towards the mid / outer rim and the galazy the milky way is also rotating around a mid point - so definately not the center of the universe

Rabi'ya
05-14-2006, 03:45 PM
:sl:

perhaps, as Muslims we regard the Ka'aba as the centre of our earth. this does not mean it is scientific. I have heard the science claim but to be honest nothing to back it up.

Is this not just another figure of speech?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

akulion
05-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Any point on Earth can be taken as the geographic center of the Earth - since it is "relative" meaning it depends on the persons prespective

so yes the Muslims can take the Kabah as the center of OUR world like you said

But it cant be taken as the center of the universe though - since that is something which has been proven through scientific explanations that the Earth does not lie at the center of the universe

Allahs_slave
05-14-2006, 04:32 PM
SALAM
I HEARD THAT EXPERIMENTS SHOWED THAT UR HEAD DISCHARGES ELECTRONS WHEN YOU MAKE SOJOOD, AND IT ONLY DOES WHEN YOUR DIRECTION IS TOWRD KAA'BA... DON'T KNOW IF ITS TRUE THO :s

Rabi'ya
05-15-2006, 02:17 PM

ive not heard that before!! sounds intresting, but ill hold judgement until i see proof!

Rabi'ya:rose:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-15-2006, 02:32 PM

I just thought i'll mention that dr.zakir naik has the view that kaba is indeed center of the earth and he gave a very detailed brilliant explenation why which i forgot :hiding: :statisfie

akulion
05-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Bro to us yes it is the center of the Earth :D

But to science the center lies in the core of the Earth :p

imrano
07-14-2006, 08:21 PM
I have heard many times that the Kaaba is at the center of the world. Can somebody explain it more accurately?

Nablus
07-14-2006, 08:24 PM
me too

I have heard that Kaba is the centre of the world

والايه الكريمه تثبت ذلك "وجعلناكم امة وسطا"

Fishman
07-14-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imrano
I have heard many times that the Kaaba is at the center of the world. Can somebody explain it more accurately?
I tested this and I don't think it's true.

Ummah
07-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Asalaamualaikum

yep i heard Dr Zakir Naik say this too
format_quote Originally Posted by dr zakir naik
The Muslims were the first people to draw the map of the world. They drew the map with the south facing upwards and north downwards. The Ka’abah was at the centre. Later, western cartographers drew the map upside down with the north facing upwards and south downwards. Yet, Alhamdullilah the Ka’abah is yet at the centre of the world map.
hmm.. im gonna look around, see if i can find any more explanation for this

Rou
07-14-2006, 09:53 PM
It was said that jeruslem was the centre of the world...even when in prophet mohammeds (peace be upon him) vison he was taken to jereuslem and then asscended upwards to heaven...

allah knows where the true centre is..

Fishman
07-15-2006, 08:29 AM
How can the world have a centre on the surface? It's a sphere!

The Muslims were the first people to draw the map of the world. They drew the map with the south facing upwards and north downwards. The Ka’abah was at the centre. Later, western cartographers drew the map upside down with the north facing upwards and south downwards. Yet, Alhamdullilah the Ka’abah is yet at the centre of the world map
That's not true, the Greeks drew at least part of the world map, and probably plenty of people before them did too.

And the centre of most Western world maps is somewhere off the coast of west Africa.

Tilmeez
07-15-2006, 08:45 AM
يَوْمَ يَكُونُ النَّاسُ كَالْفَرَاشِ الْمَبْثُوثِ
وَتَكُونُ الْجِبَالُ كَالْعِهْنِ الْمَنفُوشِ
this is a hypothesis: if you consider kaba as center of the world, and the fact that earth rotates on its Center (Axis) and on the doomsday (Qayama) Kaba will be lifted to heavens!! above situation can be created. Allah knows the best!
What do u ppl say??? :?

duke
07-15-2006, 08:50 AM
i have to say that islam is the fastest growing religion now. maybe someday that will make ka'bah is the center of the world (philosophycally).

afriend
07-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Perhaps if we use the longitude and latitude to determine this......

Umm Yoosuf
07-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Threads Merged :)

Fishman
07-17-2006, 03:42 PM
The rocks of the Kaaba are also not the oldest on Earth. They are somewhere in Greenland. The basalt of the Kaaba is actually quite young.

But it is true that as far as we know, Makkah has always been above sea level. See here for a source.

imrano
07-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Without wanting to change the topic of this thread, i would like to know to which direction should face a muslim located at diametraly opposed side of earth?

Muslim Soldier
07-31-2006, 07:28 PM

I wonder how it is at the centre if the earth is a sphere? Shouldn the centre be in the core?:rollseyes

Fishman
07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier

I wonder how it is at the centre if the earth is a sphere? Shouldn the centre be in the core?:rollseyes
Exacty, its not in the centre.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.