/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims denounce Israel’s “terrorist acts”

sonz
07-15-2006, 08:38 AM
The Indonesian Muslim Brotherhood (Parmusi) strongly denounced the ongoing Israeli offensives in Palestine and Lebanon as “terrorist acts and military arrogance”, Bernama reported.

Parmusi also condemned the U.S. for backing the Israeli aggression, saying that this blind support is “injustice against humanitarian values”.

The group also called on all peace-loving nations to pressure Israel to end its offensives in Lebanon and Palestine, adding that the Islamic world must help the Palestinians who are facing an imminent humanitarian crisis due to the economic pressure imposed by the West after Hamas took office in March.

Similar concerns were expressed earlier by the Indonesian Ulema (Muslim Leaders) Council (MUI) and the Islamic People Forum (FUI), who urged the United Nations, the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), the Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC) and the G-8 member countries to intervene to stop the brutal Israeli offensives.

A top Kuwaiti MP also condemned the human rights abuses committed by Israel against the Palestinians.

In a press release issued Monday, MP Ahmad Khalifa Al-Shuhoumi said “we cannot ignore these attacks because our Islamic customs dictate that we should protect human rights.”

Al-Suhoumi also slammed international human rights organizations for failing to protect the Palestinians from Israel’s inhumane aggression. He also held the Security Council responsible for the humanitarian crisis because it stopped sending aid to the Palestinians.

Israel launched a huge assault in Lebanon on Wednesday to pressure the Hezbollah resistance movement to free two Israeli soldiers captured on Wednesday in a cross-border raid, which also left eight Israeli troops dead.

The Israeli terror raids on Lebanon have so far claimed the lives of more than 60 Lebanese civilians and wounded several others, including many children, sparking international condemnation and raising fears of a regional war.

The brutal offensive in Lebanon comes as Israel continues a separate assault in the Gaza Strip, which has killed more than 80 Palestinians, most of them civilians, since an Israeli soldier was captured two weeks ago.

AlJazeera

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nablus
07-15-2006, 02:34 PM
the Islamic world must help the Palestinians who are facing an imminent humanitarian crisis due to the economic pressure imposed by the West after Hamas took office in March.

Do u think we have an islamic world ?!!!!!!!!!!!

المسلم اخو المسلم كالبنيان المرصوص يشد بعضهم بعضا

SirZubair
07-15-2006, 07:04 PM
As much as i will argue that the Jews have a right to stay where they are (if they are willing to live in peace with whom they have oppressed) and all that garbage,..What israel is doing right now is wrong.It is a terrorist act.

Skillganon
07-15-2006, 08:07 PM
It is not much about the right of the Jew's living in the middle east, it is about the state of Israel existence, in the expense of the indeginouse population and land being forcefully taken and being created (via terrorism). Give back the land and dismantle the state of Israel, which is practically an offshore U.S base, and they can live as citizen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
07-15-2006, 10:50 PM
On the one hand, Lebanon brought it on herself. On the other hand, Israel should not have reacted with so much force. It's like, Bob shoots Lenny in the arm, so Lenny tracks Bob down to his family's house and burns the place to the ground - overkill.

GARY
07-15-2006, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
On the one hand, Lebanon brought it on herself. On the other hand, Israel should not have reacted with so much force. It's overkill.
spoken like a true UN diplomat. If you don't already have a career with the UN, perhaps you should apply.

Muezzin
07-15-2006, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
spoken like a true UN diplomat. If you don't already have a career with the UN, perhaps you should apply.
Nah, a politician is like one of the most hated occupations on the face of the earth. I've got the attitude that if you're going to do something, don't do it half-heartedly, do it properly.

Which is why I want to become part of the most hated occupation - a lawyer. :p

But thank you for the compliment. :)

Skillganon
07-15-2006, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
On the one hand, Lebanon brought it on herself. On the other hand, Israel should not have reacted with so much force. It's like, Bob shoots Lenny in the arm, so Lenny tracks Bob down to his family's house and burns the place to the ground - overkill.
but the problem with this argument is we can take it further and say Israel should not have took women and children as captives (people seem to turn a blind eye to that) e.t.c Is not wheter lebanon has taken it on but it is Zionist Israel has taken it on.

GARY
07-15-2006, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
but the problem with this argument is we can take it further and say Israel should not have took women and children as captives (people seem to turn a blind eye to that) e.t.c Is not wheter lebanon has taken it on but it is Zionist Israel has taken it on.
I have no problem with women being held. They are adults, why should it be different from men? Children on the other hand, I can't imagine why. At this point I doubt the truth behind this claim, but am willing to investigate further. Could someone please provide a reputable link concerning the claim of children being held by the Israelis. I would like to see this for myself if you don't mind.
Reputable link = Not pro- islam, not pro-israel, not pro-usa = an unbiased neutral website - perhaps amnesty international or something

Skillganon
07-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I have no problem with women being held. They are adults, why should it be different from men? Children on the other hand, I can't imagine why. At this point I doubt the truth behind this claim, but am willing to investigate further. Could someone please provide a reputable link concerning the claim of children being held by the Israelis. I would like to see this for myself if you don't mind.
Reputable link = Not pro- islam, not pro-israel, not pro-usa = an unbiased neutral website - perhaps amnesty international or something
If you don't have any problem with taking women as captives than you should not have problem taking the soldiers (or you can rephase it as militant israeli, depends what words you like to use) as captives, when it is indeed they are involved in use of force against the indenegiouse people of the palestinian.

Another problem is finding a non-bias source, no one is truly unbias because their is no such thing, you have to get to the nitty gritty and check toroughly with facts and not just empty words .e.g. WMD in iraq e.t.c which is more blatant. which may be hard to do, and also read both side well as History.

EDIT:
Children?
Here you go. This is an AntiWar site: http://www.antiwar.com/jamail/?articleid=9302

GARY
07-15-2006, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
If you don't have any problem with taking women as captives than you should not have problem taking the soldiers (or you can rephase it as militant israeli, depends what words you like to use) as captives, when it is indeed they are involved in use of force against the indenegiouse people of the palestinian.

Another problem is finding a non-bias source, no one is truly unbias because their is no such thing, you have to get to the nitty gritty and check toroughly with facts and not just empty words .e.g. WMD in iraq e.t.c which is more blatant. which may be hard to do, and also read both side well as History.

EDIT:
Children?
Here you go. This is an AntiWar site: http://www.antiwar.com/jamail/?articleid=9302
I would refute your "non-biased" source as both anti-usa and ant-israel, but you can have this point. Let's assume for the moment that the source is good, the problem is the evidence coming from the source.
The only 'evidence' is a quote from a 37-year-old Syrian worker at a watch store. He says "I feel angry. Ninety-five percent of the Palestinian prisoners held by Israel are innocent civilians, including women and children. Nobody says a word about this. But when three Israeli armed soldiers are detained, this is such a big crime, and everyone is outraged. Is this justice?" This is just more myth that is spread by word of mouth. This is not proof. This is no different than if you or any other member on the forum had made this statement. Enough energy on that. It is not even close to proof.

Ok, so proof. Any proof of this, anyone? A reliable source? (not the rambling of a shopkeeper in Syria)

Skillganon
07-16-2006, 12:02 AM
I would refute your "non-biased" source as both anti-usa and ant-israel, but you can have this point. Let's assume for the moment that the source is good, the problem is the evidence coming from the source.
The only 'evidence' is a quote from a 37-year-old Syrian worker at a watch store. He says "I feel angry. Ninety-five percent of the Palestinian prisoners held by Israel are innocent civilians, including women and children. Nobody says a word about this. But when three Israeli armed soldiers are detained, this is such a big crime, and everyone is outraged. Is this justice?" This is just more myth that is spread by word of mouth. This is not proof. This is no different than if you or any other member on the forum had made this statement. Enough energy on that. It is not even close to proof.

Ok, so proof. Any proof of this, anyone? A reliable source? (not the rambling of a shopkeeper in Syria)
OK you are right. Point taken, but it is important to check up on it, wheter it is true, which the people seem to think it is. Also the main point to take is the agreesive use of force, expulsion, and genocide, by war and econimcal, social strangulation of the palestinian people to set up an israeli state, by far is an act of terrorism, and the palestinian are fighting terrorism and has captured militant israeli's.

I also like to point out, I never said it was non-bias or bias for the matter but it is upto the individual to decide..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.