/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Staying up for fajr

soulsociety
07-16-2006, 12:32 AM
:sl:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section.

In summer I stay up for Fajr. Esha is past 11pm, no time to sleep and wake in time for fajr. Sleeping after 2am, I'm ending uplate for work.

I tried sleeping 11pm/12am, wake up at e.g. 4am, pray then go back to sleep, I wake up even later, ending up later at work.

I need 7 hours sleep, ideally unbroken, no gaps in between.

Any advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
07-16-2006, 12:34 AM
well, at the time being....All I see is either, combine salaahs (I'm not too sure if u can in your case....) or make up for it at work or something.....

^..sTr!vEr..^
07-16-2006, 12:52 AM
mayb u cud start sleepin after fajr..

afriend
07-16-2006, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ^..sTr!vEr..^
mayb u cud start sleepin after fajr..
But he/she needs a full 7 hours of sleep without any interruptions...:confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
07-16-2006, 09:58 AM

dont combine your salah or make it up afterwards intentionally. that is no excuse to miss salah. salah comes first, then work.

ok, how about napping after isha and waking up for fajr then going to sleep after fajr? or drink loads of water after isha.. that will definitely get you up. it will be hard for a few days, but inshaAllah once youre in a routine itll be fine. plus isha is getting earlier everyday. whatever you do dont miss fajr :)

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 10:46 AM

Here's what you do go to sleep straight after fajar get a super-loud alarm clock set it for fajar then sleep after fajar.

SophiaCroft
07-16-2006, 11:03 AM
umm...i'm confused. Is sleeping after Fajir Allowed?

S_87
07-16-2006, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SophiaCroft
umm...i'm confused. Is sleeping after Fajir Allowed?

yes it is

SophiaCroft
07-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Ok thanks for letting me know.

soulsociety
07-16-2006, 07:59 PM
I've tried sleeping after esha, waking for fajr, then sleeping, but still wake up late for work (the sleeping after fajr is like a "new sleep" and not additional sleep).

If I sleep after fajr, I wake up late for work.

After esha I'm so tired, it's risky to sleep, so I stay up.

Any links on combining maghrib and esha?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.