/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interest

aamirsaab
12-17-2004, 11:55 AM
asalam brothers/sisters

under my knowledge and experience muslims are not allowed to accept interest for one basic prininciple: a muslim should earn his money just as he earns everything else in this life. there is probably a hadith on this somewhere that explains in furhter detail but my point is simple: earn your money, earn others respect, earn your family, earn your reward, earn your grades. -> this is what makes a muslim different to non believers In my opinion at least.
(i know that there are other attributes that distinguish a muslim from others but i was just explaining this particular one and its importance)

wasalam to all
p.s good luck to all who have an exam in january. inshalla we shall all make dua for everyone to pass.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A. Mukhtar
12-17-2004, 06:05 PM
:sl:

Brother, that's true... Interest is not allowed in Islam. There's probably a Hadith on it, but I am pretty sure that there is something more powerful than the hadith, Qur'an, which deals with this topic (maybe not as extensive as the hadith). It plainly prohibits interest, 'Ribba', both to the one who asks for it and the one who takes.

aamirsaab
12-17-2004, 06:11 PM
:sl: brother
thanks for the backup :D

Ummatee
12-31-2004, 05:43 PM

RIBA IS HARAM IN ANY FORM..tHE BELOW VERSE CPNCERNS THE SEVERITY OF THIS EVIL:

" O YOU WHO BELEIVE, OBSERVE YOUR DUTY TO ALLAH AND GIVR UP WHAT REMIAINS (DUE) FROM INTEREST, IF YOU ARE BELIVERS. BUT IF YOU DO NOT DO IT, THEN BE WARNED OF WAR FROM ALLAH AND HIS MESENGER; AND IF YOU REPENT THEN YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR CAPITAL. DO NOT EXPLOIT AND BE NOT EXPLOITED."
(SURAH2:VERSES278-279)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Preacher
07-16-2005, 08:49 PM
:sl:

This is a delicate issue and requires an in-depth discussion to its logical conclusion for those who don't possess complete knowledge, since some pseudo-Muslims and others have confused this issue while successfully preying on naive and ignorant Muslims. The following treatise discusses the issue and exposes the forgery of Pseudo-Muslims.

Understanding Islaamic concept of "r i b a" (usury).

:w:
Preacher

Far7an
07-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Also read the following fatawa regarding interest InshaAllah.

What should a person who borrowed with interest(Ribba) do?

He has been offered a job in a bank that deals in riba (interest)

Taking interest and offsetting losses with riba

Borrowing from a riba-based bank in order to buy a house

Ruling on depositing money in the bank, and interest

Ummu Amatullah
07-18-2005, 01:25 AM
asallama alaikum
brother as far as i'm concerned Riba(usury)is prohibited in islam whether it be Riba An -Nasi'a i.e interest on lent money or Riba Al-Fadl i.e. taking a superior thing of the same kind of goods by giving more of the same kind of goods of inferior quality.
Allah mentions in the holy quran: "Those who eat Riba will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection)except like the standing of a person beaten by the Shaitan leading him to insanity.That is because they say: "Trading is only like Riba." Whereas Allah has permitted trading and forbidden Riba.So whosoever receives an admonition from his lord and stops eating Riba shall not be punished for the past; his case is for allah(to judge); but whoever returns to Riba,such are the dwellers of the fire- they will abide therein."(V.2:275)

scared one
07-30-2005, 05:00 PM
isnt their another reason why intersets is haraam?. because i know their is, on this site i cant remember what it was i just looked, it said its haram to charge people interset when they wanna borrow money from you. Not just cause your earning money unfairly but your making money off others loses's which is the one of the same reasons that gambling is haram because your hurting people like that by making money off their loses's. somebody please respond to my reply. on the site actually a link from the site talked about having a job in the bank which they said was haram cause of the interset. i wonder is it a greater sin to accept interset or to charge interset when somebody wants to borrow money from you?.

Ummu Amatullah
08-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Yes,doing that is haram.I think you anwered your own question in lines 2-3. :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.