/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic world urged to unite to save Lebanese and Palestinians

sonz
07-16-2006, 06:39 PM
“Through its brutal attacks against residential areas, the Beirut international airport, and other buildings in Lebanon, the Zionist regime has raised concerns not only in Palestine and Lebanon but also in the world,” The World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought said in a statement it issued on Friday.

Israel’s recent onslaught against the Lebanese territories, which began after the resistance movement, Hezbollah, captured two Israeli soldiers, claimed the lives of scores of civilians, according to Mehr News Agency.

The statement also slammed Israel’s disrespect for humanitarian and international commitments.

“The World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought is extremely concerned over the unstable situation created in the Middle East following Israel’s attacks against Lebanon and Gaza and calls for efforts by international organizations and Islamic countries to counter these attacks.”

“The support given to the Zionist regime by the U.S. and other western countries along with the deadly silence of the Arab world has encouraged Israel to carry out its vicious military attacks against the Gaza Strip and Lebanon.

“Today, our Lebanese and Palestinians brothers are under severe Israeli attacks. If Islamic countries fail to show a firm reaction to Israel’s aggressions, the regime will continue with its brutal attacks in the region.

“Therefore, the world of Islam should unite in supporting the Palestinian and Lebanese people."

Also Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), called on the international community to intervene and stop the ongoing Israeli terrorism in the Lebanese territories.

CAIR made its call following an Israeli attack on a convoy of Lebanese civilians trying to flee threats to destroy their village, killing 12, including women and children.

"The international community must respond to this latest massacre of Lebanese men, women and children by taking concrete action to protect that nation's civilian population and infrastructure from attack,” the Washington-based Muslim civil liberties group said in its statement.

"Israel has stated clearly, and demonstrated through violent actions, that it is attacking civilian targets in Lebanon in order to achieve a political goal. This is the very definition of state terrorism.”

"Our nation cannot maintain credibility in condemning acts of terror carried out by individuals and groups, while offering diplomatic cover and material support to a state that is engaged in a brutal campaign against an entire civilian population."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I have Saudi Arabia. They are useless bunch of losers enjoying their oil money while hiding behind the curtains like cowards.

Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 06:43 PM
oops, by "have" I meant "HATE"

Trumble
07-16-2006, 06:55 PM
The best way for other muslim countries to the help the Lebanese is to kick Hezbollah out of Lebanon. What is the "resistance movement" supposed to have been "resisting"? There were no Israelis in Lebanon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
07-16-2006, 07:01 PM
The only way is to give Israel it's homeland.......Where it belongs...Where It is sucked up to most.....The USA :)

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
The only way is to give Israel it's homeland.......Where it belongs...Where It is sucked up to most.....The USA :)
That line of reasoning is why war and suffering never seem to end in the middle east. Either you want peace or you want war, and those that WANT war use that logic.

afriend
07-16-2006, 07:15 PM
I do not like war (although I think I have played one too many strategy games).....I just like to play it......But in reality, I love peace...Just give back what des not belong to you, and there! everybody is happy!

Where did Israelis reside before they moved into Palestine (now named Israel)

Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Either you want peace or you want war, and those that WANT war use that logic.
The reasoning goes along the line of "either you want to be bullied or you dont." You have no idea of the atrocities Israel has committed again Palestine and its neighbors, so please educate yourself, instead of comforting yourself with FOX news.

Perhaps Hezbollah may lose, but at least they fought the IDF with courage. I'd die to fight for what I believe in.

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 07:20 PM
It is so easy for someone sitting at a computer to say how they would be "willing to fight". I educate myself just fine by the way, and I'm not sure where FOX news comes into this discussion.

afriend
07-16-2006, 07:24 PM
I was wondering where you live? USA?

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Yes, I'm an American.

Link
07-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Israel can kill palestinians, abduct people as prisoners, no one does ne thing and when people do, they should be get rid of? May God curse the enemies of hizbullah and supporters of Israel.

Trumble
07-16-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
May God curse the enemies of hizbullah
You do realise that includes the majority of Lebanese?

Isaac
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
yeh, well if thats the case, well have to see if and when israel decided to take on a ground assult. then if the numbers which hezballah claims to have grows overnight, then i think its more love then hate. If it was not for hezballah lebanon would be another palestine.

snakelegs
07-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Just give back what des not belong to you, and there! everybody is happy!
hmmmmm. pakistan to india, u.s. to native americans, etc. etc. - yikes we would all have to learn geography all over again and i didn't do all that well the first time around.

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 10:11 PM
:sl:

Isreal will be under islamic rule either through Jihad or Dawa is just a matter of which comes first.

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm don't see any possibility of Israel being under Islamic rule, unless they suddenly give up their own religion and turn to Islam by choice, which is obviously unlikely. There will be no military takeover of Israel, that is sad fantasy that only leads to more violence.

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm don't see any possibility of Israel being under Islamic rule, unless they suddenly give up their own religion and turn to Islam by choice, which is obviously unlikely. There will be no military takeover of Israel, that is sad fantasy that only leads to more violence.

Really trust me mate you'll be paying the jizya within your lifetime inshallah.

Zionazi_Dissent
07-16-2006, 10:26 PM
It's going to be reality --- not now, but on day you will witness it :)

The only sad reality is the existance of Israel.

Keltoi
07-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Perhaps you should be more worried about creating an Islamic society that lives in peace and recognizes Israel's right to exist. As unlikely as it seems now, there could come a time when Arab and Israeli children play soccer together in the streets. Wouldn't that be more worthwhile than fantasizing about the destruction of a people?

Ghazi
07-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Perhaps you should be more worried about creating an Islamic society that lives in peace and recognizes Israel's right to exist. As unlikely as it seems now, there could come a time when Arab and Israeli children play soccer together in the streets. Wouldn't that be more worthwhile than fantasizing about the destruction of a people?

Tell me how do the west deal with theifs

Looking4Peace
07-16-2006, 11:28 PM
It seems noone sees the bigger picture here, instead you are bickering over non sense, Israel went to far bombing all over Lebanon the way they are, anyone recall innocent lives? whats funny is that Lebanon is religiously diverse so its becoming more apparent that Israel is the enemy to all the rest of the mideast not just Islamic nations, no different then the United States and i know plenty of Jews with brains here in the united states that agree with what i have said.

Samee
07-16-2006, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
hmmmmm. pakistan to india, u.s. to native americans, etc. etc. - yikes we would all have to learn geography all over again and i didn't do all that well the first time around.
This is not good logic at all. The fact of the matter is that the zionists just came and took over Palestine. To think the Palestinians would just sit there and let them is absurd.

I don't care if the jews held the land 3,000 years ago, the fact was that the Palestinians were all kicked out of their homeland unlawfully. Want peace? Give it back.

catmando
07-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Nice try Iqqy but no cigar for you. We have plenty of land in the West, but they won't give up statehood.

Why not send the Pals to Syria or Saudi Arabia? They need workers.

syilla
07-17-2006, 02:09 AM
we already have oic...but can anyone post what oic think about this.

north_malaysian
07-17-2006, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
we already have oic...but can anyone post what oic think about this.
OIC Chairman is ON LEAVE isnt it?

Trumble
07-17-2006, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samee
This is not good logic at all. The fact of the matter is that the zionists just came and took over Palestine. To think the Palestinians would just sit there and let them is absurd.

I don't care if the jews held the land 3,000 years ago, the fact was that the Palestinians were all kicked out of their homeland unlawfully. Want peace? Give it back.

"Absurd" or not, it's pretty much what happened. Palestine was not a nation-state, its inhabitants were generally quite happy to sell land to Jewish immigrants, and most weren't "kicked" anywhere. That happened as a consequence of the 1948 war that the Arab states launched on Israel immediately it was founded.

searchingsoul
07-17-2006, 06:43 AM
Israel is a recognized country. Why do some people have such a hard time understanding this? Yeah, I'm sure there were some atrocities committed along the way. Isn't this true of all nations, at some point in their history? For Gods sake, it's time to move on!

MRR
07-17-2006, 06:47 AM
Hey, good article, lots of thought there from muslims that don't like Israel.

The statement came from The World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought.
I was wondering isn't there a World Forum for Proximity of Judaic Schools of Thought that you could also post a statement from? You know, to get both opinions from both sides. I think the thread would be more interesting that way.

north_malaysian
07-17-2006, 06:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Israel is a recognized country. Why do some people have such a hard time understanding this? Yeah, I'm sure there were some atrocities committed along the way. Isn't this true of all nations, at some point in their history? For Gods sake, it's time to move on!
Israel is an independent nation with indefinite border. Maybe from the Nile to the Euphrates.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.