/* */

PDA

View Full Version : University Accomodation

anonymous
07-16-2006, 07:48 PM
:sl:

I plan to go to university out of my city, because the courses I want to study are not offered here. It will most likely be out of commuting range, so thats not an option.

My problem is, that staying on campus, would mean I would have my own room, BUT would have shared facilities with other people i.e. the kitchen area and lounge, and it is mixed sex, so I don't want to be with non-mehrams.

So is there any way out of this? Other means of accomodation

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-16-2006, 07:49 PM

Hmm not sure, but try asking the uni to pair you with some sisters and explain the situation to them any hope it works out for the best inshallah.

afriend
07-16-2006, 07:50 PM
well, usually what some people I know get together with other students (in their case, other males) and they look for a suitable accomodation around the uni, and they all pay the rent collectively :)

anonymous
07-16-2006, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Hmm not sure, but try asking the uni to pair you with some sisters and explain the situation to them any hope it works out for the best inshallah.

Being paired with sisters is the problem! I'm a guy :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
07-16-2006, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

LoL.

afriend
07-16-2006, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

lollll......

all this time i was like...:p

Kittygyal
07-16-2006, 08:02 PM
All Uni's you go a there are men and women but ahh there can be "some" where you live i don't know but am sure you don't have to look at the opposite genders do you??? hmmm am not sure :/

ubaid
07-16-2006, 08:25 PM
the uni should provide you accomodation with other males, they did at my uni(hertfordshire)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
you can rent a home with a bunch of brothers ask the Islamic socirty for help as mentioned. My advice would be to pick a uni where you can commute to on a daily basis, I think living away is a waste of money and should be made as a final option. Most people move out so they can get involved in plenty of fitnah

DigitalStorm82
07-17-2006, 04:04 AM
uni sex campus mean... you'll be roomed with a guy.. but there will be girls living on the floors as well..

I've went through that experience already...

The best advice I can give you is to get good muslim friends and try to stay away from non-muslim friends. The issue of Dawah comes later on... once your strong in emaan and self control yourself..

You can live on campus... just try and get a muslim roomate. You'll be ok.

You cant go anywhere in western countries and not find girls around... you have to do your part and occupy urself with activities in the masjid.

You'll be alright, Inshallah.

Ask the Imaam if you can teach some kids at the mosque on weekends if you have extra time. That'll keep your non-muslim friends from dragging you to clubs or what not...

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.